Search This thread

irmas5

Reactions: friedsonjm

irmas5

Last edited:
Reactions: friedsonjm
Installation Guide for Official PixelExperience 12 builds:
If your Google Pixel 2 XL is repartitioned to 4GB system space:
  • Revert to the stock partition table via the attached departition zip files according to your device model.
  • Follow the instructions on the PixelExperience Wiki to repartition your device with the new product partition table, following the ROM installation.
If your Google Pixel 2 XL is on the stock repartition table:
  • Follow the instructions on the PixelExperience Wiki to repartition your device with the new product partition table, following the ROM installation.
Kindly keep an eye out for logs in the recovery during Format data / factory reset.
If you encounter an error during that process, kindly:
  • Reboot back to the bootloader.
  • Using platform-tools, execute the following fastboot -w.
  • Reboot back to recovery and proceed with the installation to flash PixelExperience 12 ROM.

Attachments

• departition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 436
  • departition-pixel2xl-128gb.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 253

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
Installation Guide for Official PixelExperience 12 builds:
If your Google Pixel 2 XL is repartitioned to 4GB system space:
  • Revert to the stock partition table via the attached departition zip files according to your device model.
If your Googleon the stock repartition table:
Kindly keep an eye out for logs in the recovery during Format data / factory reset.
If you encounter an error during that process, kindly:
  • Reboot back to the bootloader.
  • Using platform-tools, execute the following fastboot -w.
  • Reboot back to recovery and proceed with the installation to flash PixelExperience 12 ROM.
For confirmation with this post here if I've never partitioned my device or repartitioned my device and all I've done has been just flash the pixel boot and side load the pixel ROM. The option that I should follow based on this post should be the second option starting with "If your Googleon the stock repartition table"

For confirmation with this post here if I've never partitioned my device or repartitioned my device and all I've done has been just flash the pixel boot and side load the pixel ROM. The option that I should follow based on this post should be the second option starting with "If your Googleon the stock repartition table"
Yes, that is correct.

Reactions: miggsr

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Im in the same mode as miggsr. Sorry for the ignorance, but can you help me learn here. For this build we need to repartition, I get that. Question is, if we ever needed to go back to a true stock build IE Android 11, would just a full wipe -w and adb loading a stock 11 file from google work and or be all that is needed? Just looking ahead in case I ever screw something up terribly. First time repartition for me. Thank you!

Hi I am sorry to asking same matter!! I never repartition since I use pixel experience android 12beta from stock rom. Should be repartition even came from stock repartition?????
Just follow the instructions in the post under
If your Google Pixel 2 XL is on the stock repartition table:

Im in the same mode as miggsr. Sorry for the ignorance, but can you help me learn here. For this build we need to repartition, I get that. Question is, if we ever needed to go back to a true stock build IE Android 11, would just a full wipe -w and adb loading a stock 11 file from google work and or be all that is needed? Just looking ahead in case I ever screw something up terribly. First time repartition for me. Thank you!
To revert back to stock, the new repartitioned table should work just fine, however if you want to take full advantage of your space, you can revert to the stock table as at the top of the Pre-install guide on the wiki. Just flash that and wipe directly afterwards.

Reactions: jonpjingleheimler

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
To revert back to stock, the new repartitioned table should work just fine, however if you want to take full advantage of your space, you can revert to the stock table as at the top of the Pre-install guide on the wiki. Just flash that and wipe directly afterwards.
Ok great than you for that info. I just attempted to load Feb 22 in this manner - but it didnt work Im still on 11/24.

Steps:
1. Did not install 40mb recovery file listed in Feb 22 area on site (as I assumed it was the same Pixel recovery and I already had it installed.)
2. Followed steps from Android 12 area in instructions - side-loaded the partition 128gb file instructions.
3. Factory reset, got a wipe error, (like I did when I 1st installed 11/24)
4. Used fastboot -w
5. Back to recovery for adb sideload of Feb 22 installation package but also got an error.
6. Rebooted phone and went through setup process and Im still on 11/24.

I am going to re-try later, but Im either thinking I need to use the recovery file listed with the Feb 22 package, or when when I did the fastboot -w I needed to reload the partition zip?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Ok tried again a few times, loading the 1.4gb official.zip

After doing partition zip fine, factory wipe fails, so i use fastboot -w, redo partition and then try to side load the 1.4gb package and get this message:

Finding update package
Installing update...
Step1/2
Error applying update : 7(ErrorCode: : KInstallDeviceOpenError)
E: Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

Unsure what Im doing wrong? Usually I can get this in a few tries -

UPDATE:
When I do the 11/24 beta sideload works and % numbers start running and were back up and running 11/24 BETA -

Bad package download from the site?

Also, I re-downloaded 2 times, same error - anyone else get it going?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taurusha

Top Liked Posts