[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Harish Harpal

Dec 21, 2016
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Please Fixed Bugs Sir...

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
I got a message, your software is 7 days out of date. As the phone identification says Pixel 6 I assume its just seeing a notification due to that. I def dont think Im going to try doing it 🤣 I assume its not from the DEV?

Last edited:

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Do you all still have the new Assistant voice typing activated?

I was able to get it to work from MridulDR instructions, but I recently noticed that the option is greyed out again in Gboard settings.

My Google app is beta version 13.4.16.23.arm64 from the app store,

My Gboard is beta version 11.4.08.422524001-beta-arm64-v8a from the app store

And my Android System Intelligence app is version S.10.playstore.oem.424079685 from apkmirror - does anyone have a currently working setup?
For "Search Your Phone", New Google Assistant, Assistant voice typing you need to install latest "Android Intelligence System"(pixel 6 version) apk and latest Google app(for android 10+) apk from apkmirror.
After installing above two apk's force stop them and clear the cache respectively.
That's it, Enjoy!

xflbret

Mar 15, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Is this rom still being worked on? Can I flash over Pixel Experience 11? One other person asked but he never got an answer...

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
Do you all still have the new Assistant voice typing activated?

I was able to get it to work from MridulDR instructions, but I recently noticed that the option is greyed out again in Gboard settings.

My Google app is beta version 13.4.16.23.arm64 from the app store,

My Gboard is beta version 11.4.08.422524001-beta-arm64-v8a from the app store

And my Android System Intelligence app is version S.10.playstore.oem.424079685 from apkmirror - does anyone have a currently working setup?
Well it's because your play store updated the Google app, the ".23" at the end of the version depicts that it's targeted for Android 6 and above, for assistive voice typing you need ".29" which means it's targeted for Android 10 and above.
To get the voice typing again, do the steps i mentioned earlier and this time go to apk mirror and search for Google app there, and then select the latest version and check whether it's has ".29" at the end or not, if not, look for a different version.
And remember to uncheck Auto Updates for Google app in the playstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: dynamo147

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Well it's because your play store updated the Google app, the ".23" at the end of the version depicts that it's targeted for Android 6 and above, for assistive voice typing you need ".29" which means it's targeted for Android 10 and above.
To get the voice typing again, do the steps i mentioned earlier and this time go to apk mirror and search for Google app there, and then select the latest version and check whether it's has ".29" at the end or not, if not, look for a different version.
And remember for uncheck Auto Updates for Google app from playstore.
Back in business, assistant voice typing is working again for any others who are interested, many thanks!

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
any update on the update message issue ? @PixelBoot
From the developer's github site, 22 Jan: Google Pixel 2/2XL Due to the limitations of the Google Pixel’s 2 system partition, I am currently in search for alternative methods to satisfy the preloaded Google apps shipped with PixelExperience. The new rules for official PixelExperience forbid the use of excessive use of remove_packages to remove preloaded packages to satisfy the ROM’s system partitions. I have been playing around recently with repartitioning, but this process will take long as I have already lost my original Pixel 2 due to too much tampering with repartitioning. Luckily enoguh thanks to a fellow supporter and friend, DarkPlayer, I am able to proceed carefully thanks to his kind donation of his own personal Pixel 2 XL. These slow measures will take place purely for safety of my and your devices, so your patience is highly appreciated.

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Have you guys found a way to stop the Google app from auto updating?

I've noticed that the playstore keeps updating my apk mirror version despite me unchecking the auto update option.

The version that I want to keep installed is the only one that I've noticed that allows me to use the new assistant voice typing and a properly functioning Hey Google hotword on my phone - version 13.4.16.29.arm64

areebiqbal

Mar 17, 2013
The ROM is pretty stable. The one major issue is that unlimited Google photos backup is broken. Please find a way to fix it.

areebiqbal

Mar 17, 2013
Also.... Has anyone noticed that the charging speed is a little bit slower as compared to Android 10 and Android 11. I use the original charger and it says rapid charging when I plug it in. But still it is slower

kastik4

Mar 13, 2015
Also.... Has anyone noticed that the charging speed is a little bit slower as compared to Android 10 and Android 11. I use the original charger and it says rapid charging when I plug it in. But still it is slower
I haven't noticed any diffrence in charging speed works fine on me
The ROM is pretty stable. The one major issue is that unlimited Google photos backup is broken. Please find a way to fix it.
Yeah this needs to be fixed ASAP

Top Liked Posts