Strange. I do not have any options in there for that, and everything in gestures is turned off except for the quick open camera option.
Just turn off navbar fully in Evolver > buttons and you'll never see any swipe gestures again.
It's intended by Google and I no longer have plans to bring back light theme to QS.I finally updated after a while, and I'm glad I'm on the latest and greatest at the moment. The only thing I've noticed is that the QS Settings background stays Dark/Black no matter what theme you're device is set at, Light or Dark. This didn't use to be the case before. Is this an intended change?
Otherwise, amazing ROM! I wish I could donate but PayPal isn't available from where I am
If you mean swipe up to recents gesture, that can't be turned off as it is part of the Recents provider within Pixel Launcher. Try changing launchers.
I dont know the name of the gesture, but back to recents could be it.
It seems quite persistant. I now tried two different alternative launchers (Nova and Niagara), but that swipe behaviour is still there. I guess I just have to try to get used to it
It's explained in the main post which TWRP version to install to avoid issues (3.5.2_9).I successfully flashed the ROM using TWRP only one time recovery as I couldn't install TWRP recovery but I'm facing some problem regarding the system sound, video playback and fingerprint so did I flash it in a wrong way or how can I fix this, PS: I'm new to this.
On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
No clue. Haven't experienced this.
Yikes. Are you sure you're on the latest firmware to flash these stuff? Make sure first to be on the latest firmware then flash twrp. For further inquiries, join the telegram group. Everyone will assist you there. You're having too much trouble that shouldn't be happening if you followed the instructions correctly.On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
Your bootloader is unlocked right? If unsure, flash to latest stock Android 9 using MiFlash. Then enable ADB and unlock bootloader. Reboot to confirm. Then use fastboot to boot to TWRP 3.529 and flash TWRP 3.529. Then reboot to recovery (TWRP). Wipe system, data, dalvik. Flash ROM zip. Change slots so we can Flash both slots and be sure. Flash ROM zip again. Boot to system.On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
Try using Gcam by wichaya. I'm using version 1.5 based on Gcam 8.1.101. You have to manually set the camera IDs for auxiliary -- back main 0, back wide 2, front main 1.I can't find any camera app. There is a com.google.android.GoogleCamera package installed with the app name of Google Camera Dummy. What's your suggestion on this?
Can't play video when trying to play any video from photos or any other app. I also experienced this in pixel experience plus 12 rom. Then I tried pixel experience 12 rom, that was fine.
Hi. New donation done. Thank you.The end-of-the-month update is out! The lock screen charging info feature is back and some carriers now have VoLTE enabled. The media notification view should be much better looking now as well and 3 buggy features (QS transparency, notif count, and lock screen media art blur) have been removed. The lock screen unlock animation, as well as the partial screenshot feature, have been vastly improved as well. I hope you guys enjoy it! The next update will include July security patches!
Changelog for the latest (06/30/2022) update
- CarrierConfig: Enable VoLTE support for Telkomsel (Indonesia)
- overlay: enable VoLTE support for Indosat and XL Axiata
- overlay: enable VoLTE support for Three
- parts: Don't explicitly set android:theme for activities
- Add support for External EXT4/F2FS storage
- AlarmManagerService: Reduce log level wtf -> w
- AudioService: Fix issue with linked notification volume
- Don't build QuickSearchBox
- Evolver: Add rotationX animation to quick settings tiles
- Evolver: Bring back Lockscreen Charging info
- Evolver: Bring back animations to quick settings tiles
- Evolver: Bring back click to take partial screenshot feature
- Evolver: Import RenderingJitter test from FWB
- Evolver: Logo: Add amogus icon
- Evolver: Make notification artwork background toggleable
- Evolver: Remove lock screen media art blur level (buggy)
- Evolver: Remove status bar notification count (buggy)
- Evolver: Remove transparency QS options (still buggy)
- Evolver: Rework media artwork notification
- Fix potential error for sys.platform
- GameSpace: Improve strings
- Handle non-exist permission group correctly for pm list permissions
- InputWrapper: Opt out early if session == null
- Re-enable remote keyguard animation
- ServiceRegistry: Don't throw an exception if OEM_LOCK is missing
- Settings: Add preference for toggling the wallpaper zooming animation
- Switch back to original charging animation background
- SystemUI: Clean up and fix Status bar Logo feature
- SystemUI: Fix daily data view in QS footer
- SystemUI: Fix double unlock sound issue
- SystemUI: Fix few issues with toggling privacy indicators
- SystemUI: Fix notification view not updating on ui mode change
- SystemUI: Fix suspicious spaces around mobile icons
- SystemUI: Make popup menus more rounded
- SystemUI: Media notification: Remove blur customizations
- SystemUI: Rework media notification view
- SystemUI: logo: Re-align amogus icon
- SystemUI: screenshot: add delay for long-press partial screenshot
- SystemUI: screenshot: add extra crop boundaries
- SystemUI: screenshot: close QS after launching long screenshot activity
- SystemUI: screenshot: disable magnification for partial screenshots
- SystemUI: screenshot: open long screenshot activity for partial screenshots
- SystemUI: screenshot: remove duplicate clamping on move action
- SystemUI: screenshot: remove misplaced call to set crop view padding
- Update SMS short code list for Bahrain
- Update SMS short code list for Mexico and Colombia
- Update several APNs from SQ3A.220605.009.B1
- Update translations
- apns: Remove user_editable="false" for user visible APNs
- base: Do not reset keyguard going away state
- base: EasterEgg: Implement Android 12L Easter Egg
- base: Provide missing permissions for SystemUI
- base: Provide required permissions for cellbroadcastreceiver
- core: Fix menu popup ripple
- device_config: Disable always screen on
- neko/Cat: Mark FLAG_IMMUTABLE PendingIntent with FLAG_MUTABLE
- services: fix a synchronization issue in CachedAppOptimizer
- vendor: Add overlay to fix app icon font on PixelLauncher
1. No.Hi everyone,
First of all thanks to @joeyhuab for keeping this device not just alive, but thriving.
I'm trying to install a custom ROM after a very long time and need some assistance. I've read all the post so far and have a few queries:
1) Is it important to flash this ROM on both slots? The original post doesn't mention it but a few responses over here do. If yes, how to change slots?
2) Are there any special care/steps to be taken if you're going from a stock firmware (Android 9, no root, but bootloader unlocked) directly to the latest May update of EvoX 12.1? I remember when I first considered going from stock 9.0 to an Android 10 custom ROM, there were some complications around 2 different kinds of fingerprint hardware (Goodix and the other one I can't remember). Eventually, I decided not to upgrade back then. Are these variables still important while considering this ROM or are things simpler now?
3) I read some older posts about GPS performance being sub-par. Are things better now in the May 2022 update?
4) This is my primary device and use my banking apps in it. How to maintain safety net integrity after installing a custom ROM? Btw, I don't need root.
5) Which gcam mod does the developer recommend for this particular ROM? I see some mentions of Urnyx05 and Wichaya?
Look forward to responses from this thriving community. Thanks & regards
That partition error isn't important at all and you can ignore it. Recovery persists after you flash twrp installer zip after the ROM each time after an update.Hey, thanks for the prompt reply. Just took a backup of my data and started the process. However, I'm getting a 'Failed to mount /vendor (invalid argument)' inside twrp.
Here are the steps I followed:
1) Unlock bootloader from fastboot (this wiped my device and showed 'Unlocked' and then I saw a 'Encrypting your device' screen and then the initial setup)
2) Flash twrp 3.5.2_9
3) Wipe data/cache/system (this is where I'm getting the above error)
What am doing wrong?
Edit: Wanted to also ask how does one 'make sure recovery persists'?
You are right. I just went ahead and performed the remaining steps anyway and things worked. Thanks a bunch.
/* * Your warranty is void. Or valId, probably? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X, * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you. */