Strange. I do not have any options in there for that, and everything in gestures is turned off except for the quick open camera option.
Just turn off navbar fully in Evolver > buttons and you'll never see any swipe gestures again.
It's intended by Google and I no longer have plans to bring back light theme to QS.I finally updated after a while, and I'm glad I'm on the latest and greatest at the moment. The only thing I've noticed is that the QS Settings background stays Dark/Black no matter what theme you're device is set at, Light or Dark. This didn't use to be the case before. Is this an intended change?
Otherwise, amazing ROM! I wish I could donate but PayPal isn't available from where I am
If you mean swipe up to recents gesture, that can't be turned off as it is part of the Recents provider within Pixel Launcher. Try changing launchers.
I dont know the name of the gesture, but back to recents could be it.
It seems quite persistant. I now tried two different alternative launchers (Nova and Niagara), but that swipe behaviour is still there. I guess I just have to try to get used to it
It's explained in the main post which TWRP version to install to avoid issues (3.5.2_9).I successfully flashed the ROM using TWRP only one time recovery as I couldn't install TWRP recovery but I'm facing some problem regarding the system sound, video playback and fingerprint so did I flash it in a wrong way or how can I fix this, PS: I'm new to this.
On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
No clue. Haven't experienced this.
Yikes. Are you sure you're on the latest firmware to flash these stuff? Make sure first to be on the latest firmware then flash twrp. For further inquiries, join the telegram group. Everyone will assist you there. You're having too much trouble that shouldn't be happening if you followed the instructions correctly.On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
Your bootloader is unlocked right? If unsure, flash to latest stock Android 9 using MiFlash. Then enable ADB and unlock bootloader. Reboot to confirm. Then use fastboot to boot to TWRP 3.529 and flash TWRP 3.529. Then reboot to recovery (TWRP). Wipe system, data, dalvik. Flash ROM zip. Change slots so we can Flash both slots and be sure. Flash ROM zip again. Boot to system.On trying to boot to TWRP using the following command : fastboot boot "C:\Users\Username\twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img" that I downloaded from the official TWRP website the phone gets stuck on a black screen til I run adb reboot to reboot system, Any ideas on why is this happening ?
Try using Gcam by wichaya. I'm using version 1.5 based on Gcam 8.1.101. You have to manually set the camera IDs for auxiliary -- back main 0, back wide 2, front main 1.I can't find any camera app. There is a com.google.android.GoogleCamera package installed with the app name of Google Camera Dummy. What's your suggestion on this?
Can't play video when trying to play any video from photos or any other app. I also experienced this in pixel experience plus 12 rom. Then I tried pixel experience 12 rom, that was fine.
1. No.Hi everyone,
First of all thanks to @joeyhuab for keeping this device not just alive, but thriving.
I'm trying to install a custom ROM after a very long time and need some assistance. I've read all the post so far and have a few queries:
1) Is it important to flash this ROM on both slots? The original post doesn't mention it but a few responses over here do. If yes, how to change slots?
2) Are there any special care/steps to be taken if you're going from a stock firmware (Android 9, no root, but bootloader unlocked) directly to the latest May update of EvoX 12.1? I remember when I first considered going from stock 9.0 to an Android 10 custom ROM, there were some complications around 2 different kinds of fingerprint hardware (Goodix and the other one I can't remember). Eventually, I decided not to upgrade back then. Are these variables still important while considering this ROM or are things simpler now?
3) I read some older posts about GPS performance being sub-par. Are things better now in the May 2022 update?
4) This is my primary device and use my banking apps in it. How to maintain safety net integrity after installing a custom ROM? Btw, I don't need root.
5) Which gcam mod does the developer recommend for this particular ROM? I see some mentions of Urnyx05 and Wichaya?
Look forward to responses from this thriving community. Thanks & regards
That partition error isn't important at all and you can ignore it. Recovery persists after you flash twrp installer zip after the ROM each time after an update.Hey, thanks for the prompt reply. Just took a backup of my data and started the process. However, I'm getting a 'Failed to mount /vendor (invalid argument)' inside twrp.
Here are the steps I followed:
1) Unlock bootloader from fastboot (this wiped my device and showed 'Unlocked' and then I saw a 'Encrypting your device' screen and then the initial setup)
2) Flash twrp 3.5.2_9
3) Wipe data/cache/system (this is where I'm getting the above error)
What am doing wrong?
Edit: Wanted to also ask how does one 'make sure recovery persists'?
You are right. I just went ahead and performed the remaining steps anyway and things worked. Thanks a bunch.
/* * Your warranty is void. Or valId, probably? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X, * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you. */