[ROM][12.1][UMI][CMI][OFFICIAL] Evolution X

Search This thread

Kierek

Dec 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
play.google.com
I've been installing it for a few hours now and whatever I do it still crashes at initialization screen.

Things I've tried:
1. Starting point for me was official Global MIUI. Unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP (twrp-3.5.2-0-umi-yarpiin), newest Evolution X, firmware package 12.5.11 and wiped data. Flashing firmware before or after Evolution X didn't change anything, com.android.phone was crashing all the time.

2. Then I assumed that maybe Xiaomi.EU will install correct firmware files so I've tried installing newest Xiaomi.EU (12.5.11), it worked fine, no crashes.

3. I've tried installing Evolution X again. Now I couldn't make it to even initialization screen, it was rebooting to TWRP right after Evolution X animated logo. TWRP wasn't mounting anything automatically anymore, I couldn't format partitions. I've tried installing firmware package 12.5.11 with adb sideload, it installed but I'm still unable to boot into Evolution X. Xiaomi.EU once again installed correctly.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I am a little rusty, since last Android modding I did was with HTC Sensation years ago. "Wipe data" in instructions refer to "factory reset" in TWRP or Format Data? I've been trying both.

Last edited:

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
I've been installing it for a few hours now and whatever I do it still crashes at initialization screen.

Things I've tried:
1. Starting point for me was official Global MIUI. Unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP (twrp-3.5.2-0-umi-yarpiin), newest Evolution X, firmware package 12.5.11 and wiped data. Flashing firmware before or after Evolution X didn't change anything, com.android.phone was crashing all the time.

2. Then I assumed that maybe Xiaomi.EU will install correct firmware files so I've tried installing newest Xiaomi.EU (12.5.11), it worked fine, no crashes.

3. I've tried installing Evolution X again. Now I couldn't make it to even initialization screen, it was rebooting to TWRP right after Evolution X animated logo. TWRP wasn't mounting anything automatically anymore, I couldn't format partitions. I've tried installing firmware package 12.5.11 with adb sideload, it installed but I'm still unable to boot into Evolution X. Xiaomi.EU once again installed correctly.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I am a little rusty, since last Android modding I did was with HTC Sensation years ago. "Wipe data" in instructions refer to "factory reset" in TWRP or Format Data? I've been trying both

use correct memeui base and firmware , aosp use china firmware not eups. and it is 12.5.10 not 11

Reactions: Kierek

Kierek

Dec 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
play.google.com
Thanks, after installing whole Xiaomi China official ROM it started to work! So... are those firmware packages from another thread not flashing correctly through TWRP?

Anyway, fantastic ROM! It's good to be back on clean Android.

Slogan7777

Feb 25, 2022
hello,I want to download the last Android 11 version,but I cant find it,could you please tell mewhere can I find and tell me the url?thanks

Feb 11, 2011
hi @yarpiin , nice ROM, using it since last year on my MI 10 Pro. however, I'm facing a problem since the last two updates, namely 02261254 and 03041413. I flash your ROM in TWRP, then wipe dalvik, then Magisk for android 12. Once I boot the phone into android, everything works fine unless the phone sleeps, or I try to open the settings app. The screen starts blinking and the phone becomes useless. Pressing any key or touching anywhere does nothing, and the only thing left to do is long pressing power button to kill the device. I said the phone works until sleep because I enabled in previous versions the "stay awake" option in developer settings, hence if I plug the phone to the charger and I don't let it sleep, it will work. I think there might be something related to the settings app because the behavior starts also if I touch settings, both from notifications or drawer's icon. the only way to get my phone back to normal is flashing back the valentine's build, 02140108.

What can I do? I don't want to clean my phone and start over. I'm aware I've tweaked multiple settings in The Evolver, but that hasn't been an issue in the past when updating.

2b6ca7a8f9a4f7d1cea8132aa34c666.jpg

juanito00

Mar 15, 2022
Hi, i just want to ask where can i download the 12.5.10 firmware? iwant to try this rom in my UMI, thank you.

Top Liked Posts