[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

rttxda

I couldn't boot new build but it's not because I have DVF1, I can boot previous build just fine. Also DVF1 uses DVE3 CP when I looked the archive.
That's the reason I've removed it from the first post. It's a problem with the sensors service and has nothing to do with firmware version. Basically the phone boots whenever it feels like it, kind of weird

Reactions: Jinetty21

rttxda

I don't know if it's me too, but I can't get screen mirroring to work. sorry for my bad english and really congrats on your work.
Thanks for your interest in the rom :D Flashing Google apps should fix screen mirroring to android TV etc. Do a factory reset in recovery before installing gapps, otherwise you might face some problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Kocaadammurat

Pablentina

Sep 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A70
hello good, I wanted to know if it is advisable to install this rom, although my mobile is not dual sim, it only has one port, I wanted to know if the calls ina work well and if the fingerprint already works or at least facial recognition works?

rttxda

hello good, I wanted to know if it is advisable to install this rom, although my mobile is not dual sim, it only has one port, I wanted to know if the calls ina work well and if the fingerprint already works or at least facial recognition works?
Single sim model shouldn't be a problem, calls should work fine too, as for fingerprint scanner I couldn't get it working under Android 12, and facial recognition is not a feature in Lineage. Only some roms have that, such as Pixel Experience (I don't recommend installing the Pixel Experience GSIs since they're pretty buggy, I'll probably do a proper port soon, once major roadblocks are dealt with)

Pablentina

Sep 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A70
Single sim model shouldn't be a problem, calls should work fine too, as for fingerprint scanner I couldn't get it working under Android 12, and facial recognition is not a feature in Lineage. Only some roms have that, such as Pixel Experience (I don't recommend installing the Pixel Experience GSIs since they're pretty buggy, I'll probably do a proper port soon, once major roadblocks are dealt with)
Hello, could I ask you the favor of recommending a rom I have the A705MN and if there is one that allows the use of the fingerprint

rttxda

Hello, could I ask you the favor of recommending a rom I have the A705MN and if there is one that allows the use of the fingerprint
There aren't many good and updated roms for this phone but if you're willing to use something older then crDroid and lineage 17.1 look decent. I had some lineage 18.1 builds with FOD but it would be too much of a hassle to maintain all those versions, it's probably better to just focus development on android 12

Aikoyori

Thanks for the ROM. Works great so far. I am using DUE1 firmware and it works alright. I do have dual SIM version of the phone and the second SIM doesn't work but overall very stable.

Again great job and thank you for the ROM (at least this one doesn't take 48MB photo).

Last edited:
Reactions: rttxda

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
How are features added or removed from developer options?
What partition does the download mode reside in?
If oem unlock can be enabled by connection to data after enabling developer options to unlock the bootloader on a snapdragon device, im curious to know exactly how that happens and if it can be done without data connection.

Merc87

Aug 5, 2021
Just an enquiry here, the A12 pixel experience GSI that I saw recommends using firekernel but why and would it even be really possible to use. The developer said that kernel only works on A10-11. Firekernel is actually very well developed wish there was a version for A12 : (

Reactions: Aikoyori

rttxda

How are features added or removed from developer options?
What partition does the download mode reside in?
If oem unlock can be enabled by connection to data after enabling developer options to unlock the bootloader on a snapdragon device, im curious to know exactly how that happens and if it can be done without data connection.
I don't remember ever seeing the OEM unlock option in any custom rom, it might just be a feature available for vendors only, and if that's the case then it's probably difficult to reverse engineer

Just an enquiry here, the A12 pixel experience GSI that I saw recommends using firekernel but why and would it even be really possible to use. The developer said that kernel only works on A10-11. Firekernel is actually very well developed wish there was a version for A12 : (
To be fair the PE post is a bit of a mess. It does mention firekernel but that kernel has not been updated since 2020, android 12 was not even close to being released back then. I've upstreamed the kernel used in my build to .261, merged CAF changes, and I'm satisfied with how it's performing under 12L :D

Last edited:

Merc87

Aug 5, 2021
To be fair the PE post is a bit of a mess. It does mention firekernel but that kernel has not been updated since 2020, android 12 was not even close to being released back then. I've upstreamed the kernel used in my build to .261, merged CAF changes, and I'm satisfied with how it's performing under 12L :D
Oh yeah it's performance is really good to be honest. At the moment I'm using Crdroid just maybe until your build is out of the Beta stage, solely because of battery life. For some reason this ROM charges up my battery faster than anything I've ever used and it lasts way longer when doing regular things on my phone (browsing, social media, watching YouTube etc) while still being a good performer.

Reactions: rttxda

Brohh

Feb 2, 2020
View attachment 5628345

LineageOS 19.1 for A705FN

Disclaimer: This is my own, unofficial build of LineageOS, and as such it may contain some bugs. Moreover, it is unfinished and it still lacks functionality that could be considered important by some users. I aim to provide the best quality build that I possibly can, but unfortunately my knowledge is limited so I won't be able to solve every problem that might arise.

After a few months spent slowly porting Lineage 19.1 to the Galaxy A70, I have finally reached a point where I'm satisfied enough to publish a somewhat finished build to the forums.

Please note that this is sort of a beta stage build, there are still some problems that need to be taken care of.

What is working:
- WiFi
- RIL
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- Camera
- Sound
- GPS
- Sensors
- SD cards
- Most other basic stuff

What is not working:
- Fingerprint scanner
- DT2W

Known issues include:
- Proximity sensor
- SELinux is permissive for now, it's fairly close to being enforcing but currently I can't boot the phone with enforcing on.
- DualSIM/VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:
1. Make sure that the phone has the latest A705FNXXU5DVE3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked

2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, flash vbmeta through AP in Odin (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage): Download here

3. Reboot straight back into the bootloader, flash Lineage recovery through AP in Odin: Download here
3.1 Alternatively you could use TWRP for easier zip flashing: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxya70.html

Official Samsung firmware wipes the custom recovery partition while booting so try not to reboot into Android.

4. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer), do a factory reset, then sideload the downloaded ROM through the "Apply update" menu.
4.1 Use Minimal ADB on Windows. Open cmd-here and type
Code:
adb sideload <rom-file>
substituting <rom-file> with the filename (dragging in the zip file into cmd will do this for you).
4.2 Alternatively you could put the ROM on an SD card and install it from there. Not tested

5. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

lineage-19.1-20220620-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(AndroidFileHost mirror)

Previous releases:
lineage-19.1-20220616-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
lineage-19.1-20220606-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
lineage-19.1-20220605-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
lineage-19.1-20220514-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Changelog:

20220620:
  • Synced latest LineageOS sources
  • Updated blobs from Samsung firmware DVE3
  • Bumped vendor security patch to 2022-06-01
  • Updated Lineage recovery (see installation guide)
  • Fixed echo reference paths for loudspeaker calls, this will hopefully reduce echoing
  • Fixed proximity and hover sensors change reverted because of the new sensors service locking up sometimes
Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Contributors
@rttxda @ataberkozen @Grarak

Source code
https://github.com/LineageOS
https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

Other info
OS version: Android 12.1
Linux version: 4.14.261
Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DVE3
Build date: 20/06/2022
Hope you do it better ! See you

DeadPterodactyl

Jun 29, 2022
View attachment 5628345

Disclaimer: This is my own, unofficial build of LineageOS, and as such it may contain some bugs. Moreover, it is unfinished and it still lacks functionality that could be considered important by some users. I aim to provide the best quality build that I possibly can, but unfortunately my knowledge is limited so I won't be able to solve every problem that might arise.

After a few months spent slowly porting Lineage 19.1 to the Galaxy A70, I have finally reached a point where I'm satisfied enough to publish a somewhat finished build to the forums.

Please note that this is sort of a beta stage build, there are still some problems that need to be taken care of.

What is working:
- WiFi
- RIL
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- Camera
- Sound
- GPS
- Sensors
- SD cards
- Most other basic stuff

What is not working:
- Fingerprint scanner
- DT2W

Known issues include:
- Proximity sensor
- SELinux is permissive for now, it's fairly close to being enforcing but currently I can't boot the phone with enforcing on.
- DualSIM/VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:
1. Make sure that the phone has the latest A705FNXXU5DVE3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked

2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, flash vbmeta through AP in Odin (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage): Download here

3. Reboot straight back into the bootloader, flash Lineage recovery through AP in Odin: Download here
3.1 Alternatively you could use TWRP for easier zip flashing: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxya70.html

Official Samsung firmware wipes the custom recovery partition while booting so try not to reboot into Android.

4. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer), do a factory reset, then sideload the downloaded ROM through the "Apply update" menu.
Code:
adb sideload <rom-file>
substituting <rom-file> with the filename (dragging in the zip file into cmd will do this for you).
4.2 Alternatively you could put the ROM on an SD card and install it from there. Not tested

5. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

(AndroidFileHost mirror)

Previous releases:
lineage-19.1-20220606-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
lineage-19.1-20220605-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
lineage-19.1-20220514-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Changelog:

20220620:
  • Updated blobs from Samsung firmware DVE3
  • Bumped vendor security patch to 2022-06-01
  • Updated Lineage recovery (see installation guide)
  • Fixed echo reference paths for loudspeaker calls, this will hopefully reduce echoing
  • Fixed proximity and hover sensors change reverted because of the new sensors service locking up sometimes
Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Contributors

Source code

Other info
Build date: 20/06/2022

Will this rom work on the a70s?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: August build is now up, which includes this month's security patch and fixes the proximity and hover sensors.
    Also, while I was watching that thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...on-lineageos-19-1-for-a52-4g-and-a72.4364519/ , i show Grarak that found a "fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix"

Could you apply this fix on this build?
    My tree is based on Grarak's :) I saw that thread as well but those fixes are a bit old (made for android 10 iirc), and even the updated fp hal doesn't seem to work on the A70 in particular. Now that I've got a bit more time I'll try to look into the whole fingerprint thing again, but if I can't figure it out then someone else might :D It's been one of the major headaches to troubleshoot for me
    Hi! sry for the dumb question,
    can i flash this new build on top of the previous one with twrp?
    It's not a dumb question, but yes you can update from the previous build
    Can I install it on new build number A705FXXU5DVG3?
    Haven't tested it but should be ok
    Dude I saw you pushed device trees back again in a70q-dev but it's all 18.1 and seems like it's same with your old device trees. Is it working on 19.1 ?
    well coz I'm rebasing it as should be, for 19.1 you must brings some changes.

ofc I'd rather fix R tree first, in that way bringing S will be a way easier. I've got some "peace" after passing the bootanimation

Working things:
    * Audio.
    * Lights.
    * Power.
    * USB and maybe other things from first try already.
    I'm on A705MN and I'm having an opposite issue. Bluetooth, and Speaker Phone work fine, but calls though the headset don't work and you can't hear anything. Switching back to speaker after switching to headset doesn't return the audio to the speaker, and I have to hang up and call them again on speaker to get it to work.

Everything else works amazing, It feels like this is a brand new top spec phone with this rom!
    That's strange, I haven't encountered any issues with the recovery whatsoever, same for the lock screen crash. Could be a bad flash perhaps? I can't work on the device specific issues lately due to lack of time but I aim to publish a July build pretty soon. Glad to hear the rom itself works fine! 😀
    Update: The recovery issue was by TWRP. For some reason it couldn't flash the recovery partition. Eventually, I had to unpack the recovery.img file from your build, patch it with magisk (no ramdisk :( ) and enter to the Download Mode in order to patch it using ODIN (placed recovery.img on AP). Now, I have a fast, full rooted/customized and optimized system, without problems! Thank you! I might contribute to the project (i am a developer), in order to help you and not let that effort go.

P.S: The lock screen crash seems to happen lees and less and now, it detects the SIM card rapidly! :D
    lineage_stacked_teal.png

Disclaimer: These are my own, unofficial builds of LineageOS, and as such they may contain some bugs. I aim to provide the best quality builds that I can, but I can't guarantee they will work flawlessly.

After a few months spent slowly porting Lineage 19.1 to the Galaxy A70, I have finally reached a point where I'm satisfied enough to publish builds to the forums :)

Please note that this port is in the beta stage, there are still some problems that need to be taken care of, see below!

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Most other basic stuff

What is not working:
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - DT2W

Known issues include:
    - Some people experience echo during calls
    - DualSIM/VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:
    1. Make sure that the phone has the recommended A705FNXXU5DVE3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked

Code:
    adb sideload <rom-file>

Downloads:

lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(AndroidFileHost mirror)

Previous releases:
    lineage-19.1-20220721-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(For earlier releases, see the changelog spoiler)

Changelog:
    20220813:
    • August security patches
    • Fixed proximity sensors!

Contributors

Source code

Other info
    Build date: 13/08/2022
    Nice work! I'm glad to see someone else taking over. I might be able to help you with FOD after June 20th.
    Update: August build is now up, which includes this month's security patch and fixes the proximity and hover sensors.
    That is very likely. I've tried booting Android 12 with haky's ramdisk import but it failed, I might've just missed something.. It's worth mentioning that for now I've removed the ramdisk support from the kernel but I'll probably revisit this sometime
    you must copy the fstab into boot.img, like I did here https://github.com/Haky86/android_device_samsung_a70q/blob/lineage-18.1/rootdir/Android.mk
    it works with prebuilt vendor, so it will boots with oss too if done correctly. anyways keep up the good work
    New build is up! USB hotplug is now fixed.