[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread
My tree is based on Grarak's :) I saw that thread as well but those fixes are a bit old (made for android 10 iirc), and even the updated fp hal doesn't seem to work on the A70 in particular. Now that I've got a bit more time I'll try to look into the whole fingerprint thing again, but if I can't figure it out then someone else might :D It's been one of the major headaches to troubleshoot for me
I understand. I hope you find a solution. Also, is there a way to get FM Radio on this build? It is the only thing that I miss so much. I tried compiling this source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_FMRadio but makefile seems to complain that something is missing.

P.S: Installed the build. It is even more stable than before. Well done! :)

rttxda

There probably is, but I can build the apk for you or just make a system update with the FM app real quick :)
also, if you happen to have discord or something similar we could message there instead of spamming this thread

Last edited:

Jinetty21

Oct 3, 2021
Turkey
I tested proximity with phone app. Proximity is working but screen doesn't come back when i take phone away from my ear, it just locks screen. It is a dumb question maybe but is it expected ? BTW echoing still continues i guess, i haven't tested but it was happening un previous builds.

EDIT: I checked with AIDA64 and proximity doesn't refresh itself, it stuck on 0.0 cm.

Last edited:

rttxda

I tested proximity with phone app. Proximity is working but screen doesn't come back when i take phone away from my ear, it just locks screen. It is a dumb question maybe but is it expected ? BTW echoing still continues i guess, i haven't tested but it was happening un previous builds.

EDIT: I checked with AIDA64 and proximity doesn't refresh itself, it stuck on 0.0 cm.
Proximity works perfectly for me, dirty screen maybe? 😂 Or could be old firmware.
I did try to fix echoing but it looks like it's still there.. pretty annoying. FM build in direct message

avcompute

Aug 16, 2022
I'm on A705MN and I'm having an opposite issue. Bluetooth, and Speaker Phone work fine, but calls though the headset don't work and you can't hear anything. Switching back to speaker after switching to headset doesn't return the audio to the speaker, and I have to hang up and call them again on speaker to get it to work.

Everything else works amazing, It feels like this is a brand new top spec phone with this rom!

Reactions: rttxda

rttxda

I'm on A705MN and I'm having an opposite issue. Bluetooth, and Speaker Phone work fine, but calls though the headset don't work and you can't hear anything. Switching back to speaker after switching to headset doesn't return the audio to the speaker, and I have to hang up and call them again on speaker to get it to work.

Everything else works amazing, It feels like this is a brand new top spec phone with this rom!
Thanks for the report, in this case a system log would be very helpful. You should take it about 5 seconds after starting a call on the handset and send it preferably in a private message :)

Info on taking logs: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/logcat
adb from the installation guide will work just fine

Jinetty21

Oct 3, 2021
Turkey
Tested firmware is near the end of the first post. If your region doesn't have it, then closest to that one applies
I used DVG3 (Latest for Turkish right now) and still same problem. My sensor isn't broken, it's flawless on stock and los 18.1.
I figured that it has same CP with previous (DVF1).
EDIT: I guess it has timeout for refresh. It worked as expected after 1-2 minutes.

Last edited:

Jinetty21

Oct 3, 2021
Turkey
It works perfect right now. I guess it fixed with latest firmware. Checked with AIDA64 and call that it refreshes instantly. Seems like it was a bug.

Top Liked Posts

Someone else reported this same exact problem, so it's not only you but it might indeed be a firmware issue.. Check your direct messages.
    Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)
    New build is up, with September security patches! This release mostly contains "under the hood" changes, see the changelog.
    Also an important note: This is most likely the last build to be on SElinux permissive, so please back up your data because the next update will require a clean flash!
    Even more good news: looks like I got dual sim working too 😁 Testers needed, if anyone uses two SIM cards and wants to test them, send me a message on telegram @rtd1250 or here on xda!
    Hello fod, I partially fixed fod on your source, it doesn't enroll for some reason. but a good step to keep going on.

IMG_20220918_000835.jpg
    Hi sir when you update next release
    when it's ready
    Simple question, when a headphone jack is inserted, an icon must appear in the top bar?
    I honestly can't remember o_O if it doesn't show up then maybe you need to turn on the icon.. search for status bar in settings app
    Edit: yeah you need to turn it on in settings
    lineage_stacked_teal.png

LineageOS 19.1 for A705FN

Disclaimer: These are my own, unofficial builds of LineageOS, and as such they may contain some bugs. I aim to provide the best quality builds that I can, but I can't guarantee they will work flawlessly.

After a few months spent slowly porting Lineage 19.1 to the Galaxy A70, I have finally reached a point where I'm satisfied enough to publish builds to the forums :)

Please note that this port is in the beta stage, there are still some problems that need to be taken care of, see below!

(Want to test an experimental Android 13 based rom? See here.)

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Most other basic stuff

What is not working:
    - Second sim in DS model
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - DT2W

Known issues include:
    - Some echoing during calls
    - SELinux is permissive for now, soon to be enforcing
    - VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:
    1. Make sure that the phone has the recommended A705FNXXU5DVG3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked

2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, flash vbmeta through AP in Odin (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage): Download here

3. Reboot straight back into the bootloader, flash Lineage recovery through AP in Odin: Download here
    3.1 Alternatively you could use TWRP for easier zip flashing: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxya70.html

Official Samsung firmware wipes the custom recovery partition while booting so try not to reboot into Android.

4. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer), do a factory reset, then sideload the downloaded ROM through the "Apply update" menu.
    4.1 Use Minimal ADB on Windows. Open cmd-here and type
    Code:
    adb sideload <rom-file>
    substituting <rom-file> with the filename (dragging in the zip file into cmd will do this for you).
    4.2 Alternatively you could put the ROM on an SD card and install it from there. Not tested

5. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(AndroidFileHost mirror) androidfilehost is currently broken

Previous releases:
    lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220721-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220620-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(For earlier releases, see the changelog spoiler)

Changelog:
    20220926:
    • Synced latest LineageOS sources
    • September security patches
    • Updated blobs to A705FNXXU5DVG3
    • Mostly "under the hood" changes, see git trees.
    Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Contributors
    @rttxda @ataberkozen @Grarak

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

Other info
    OS version: Android 12.1
    Linux version: 4.14.261
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DVG3
    Build date: 26/09/2022
    Android 13 dropped, and in result many rom maintainers have started porting their features.

While the Lineage team is working on the new version, I'm happy to share that I have successfully built and booted (first try!) the Evolution X 7.0 rom for the A70, making it one of the first devices to get an Android 13-based unofficial build 😁
    For now I don't believe it deserves a separate thread as this is a very early - literally first - build just for testing. No warranties, bugs are to be expected, so if anyone wants to experiment with it, I have uploaded it to AFH:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197207221
    Wifi is broken, use Bluetooth internet sharing. Ethernet works too.
    Source available here and here and here.
    Lineage 19 continues to be supported, of course :)
    Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)
    Nice work! I'm glad to see someone else taking over. I might be able to help you with FOD after June 20th.
    New build is up, with September security patches! This release mostly contains "under the hood" changes, see the changelog.
    Also an important note: This is most likely the last build to be on SElinux permissive, so please back up your data because the next update will require a clean flash!