[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

slz80

Jul 31, 2022
Did you re-flash the Gapps package after dirty-flashing the latest ROM release but before starting it for the first time like mentioned in the instructions?
Yes i did. Reflashed the rom, rebooted in recovery and flashed Gapps (did this several times troubleshooting).

Still wont sync:
-checked the permissions of google play, contacts etc,
-cleared the cache of the contacts app

Removed the google account and readded it. Nothing seems to work.

slz80

Jul 31, 2022
Yes i did. Reflashed the rom, rebooted in recovery and flashed Gapps (did this several times troubleshooting).

Still wont sync:
-checked the permissions of google play, contacts etc,
-cleared the cache of the contacts app

Removed the google account and readded it. Nothing seems to work.
Update i enabled and disabled couple of things (play services etc) and it seems to work now.. took me several flashes and a headache though...

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2022-08-17

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Android security patch august 2022
- Fix "Intent Filter Verification Service" crash

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh19

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93

Reactions: blorkraider

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
I need some help.

I wanted to flash this ROM and get rid of ColorOS12.1 and followed the steps for vanilla Lineage but after wiping data and rebooting back to recovery there was no option to apply update. I rebooted back to bootloader to start again with flashing the recovery.img but when I now try to boot into recovery it says "The current image (boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer support to fix it."

How to proceed from here?

[EDIT]
Restored with MSM Download tool to 10.5.5 and re-unloacked the bootloader. Now flashing of recovery went fine.

Last edited:

mythos_

May 27, 2012
I need some help.

I wanted to flash this ROM and get rid of ColorOS12.1 and followed the steps for vanilla Lineage but after wiping data and rebooting back to recovery there was no option to apply update. I rebooted back to bootloader to start again with flashing the recovery.img but when I now try to boot into recovery it says "The current image (boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer support to fix it."

[EDIT]
Restored with MSM Download tool to 10.5.5 and re-unloacked the bootloader. Now flashing of recovery went fine.
Since you went back to 10 I guess that means you also reverted to the modem/baseband that version has. Can you check?

Also I've been asking in the last 2 pages if this can be installed over the latest OOS12 but got no reply. Your experience suggests it can't. This is rather important information that should be included in the instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MajorP93

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
Since you went back to 10 I guess that means you also reverted to the modem/baseband that version has. Can you check?

Also I've been asking in the last 2 pages if this can be installed over the latest OOS12 but got no reply. Your experience suggests it can't. This is rather important information that should be included in the instructions.
.c9-00023-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.422164.2.446371.2

Reactions: mythos_

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
It is recommended to flash this ROM while being on OOS11.
Will update the instructions accordingly.

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010

This (MPSS.HI.2.0.c9-00023-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.422164.2.446371.2) is the firmware from OOS 11, e.g. from 11.1.10.10.AC01AA or 11.1.11.11.AC01BA

OOS 12 (e.g. 11_F.12) has the firmware identifier MPSS.HI.1.0.c8.10-00002-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1

So this LOS is based on a 11 firmware, although the OS is Android 12.

Last edited:

mythos_

May 27, 2012
This is OOS 11 baseband. You said you installed OOS12 and then reverted to 10. It's strange that you have OOS11 baseband.

This (MPSS.HI.2.0.c9-00023-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.422164.2.446371.2) is the firmware from OOS 11, e.g. from 11.1.10.10.AC01AA or 11.1.11.11.AC01BA

OOS 12 (e.g. 11_F.12) has the firmware identifier MPSS.HI.1.0.c8.10-00002-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1

So this LOS is based on a 11 firmware, although the OS is Android 12.

It is my understanding that LOS doesn't change the baseband. This thread suggests the same.

MajorP93 can inform us on this.

Reactions: Doc Sniper

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
This is OOS 11 baseband. You said you installed OOS12 and then reverted to 10. It's strange that you have OOS11 baseband.

It is my understanding that LOS doesn't change the baseband. This thread suggests the same.

MajorP93 can inform us on this.
When you install this ROM latest OOS11 baseband firmware will be installed.

mythos_

May 27, 2012
When you install this ROM latest OOS11 baseband firmware will be installed.

Ok so this ROM includes baseband and it's from OOS11. Thanks for clarifying that. It confirms what phuturist said.

The issue for me (and the reason I've been asking about this) is that I need baseband from OOS12 to have 5G support in my country. Is there a way you can include that in a future version?

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Ok so this ROM includes baseband and it's from OOS11. Thanks for clarifying that. It confirms what phuturist said.

The issue for me (and the reason I've been asking about this) is that I need baseband from OOS12 to have 5G support in my country. Is there a way you can include that in a future version?
As of now no custom ROM for the Nord will be compatible with OOS12 baseband.
Reason is the kernel.
Due to the ColorOS + OxygenOS merge there have been lots of changes done to the kernel by OnePlus / Oppo with their A12 release.
The new kernel sources are not yet fully compatible with Nord custom ROMs.
Dev scene will have to put in work for that.

It is definitely planned for the future and I know 1 dev that is already working on it.
I will also look into it so you can expect that one of the future updates of this ROM will come with a new kernel and therefore also new underlying (baseband) firmware.

Best regards

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010

I've added "almost all custom ROMs" to the text of the linked thread, as this ROM shows that there are exceptions.

While there are reasons to include the firmware in the custom ROM, there are good reasons why one shouldn't. But this is another story...

Last edited:

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
I've added "almost all custom ROMs" to the text of the linked thread, as this ROM shows that there are exceptions.

While there are reasons to include the firmware in the custom ROM, there are good reasons why one shouldn't. But this is another story...
In this case it is done due to compatibility reasons.
If I won't include baseband people might use A12 baseband which will result in bootloop.

Erwann Burguiere

Aug 24, 2022
I need some help.

[EDIT]
Hello,

I just had the exact same issue as you did, was able to flash back a stock recovery image and unbrick the phone, but did it work for you after using MSM ? Did you get the option to apply update in the new recovery ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :) First of all, thank you very much for your work!
    As far as I understand, you currently are using your own kernel tree, as shown here, right? Is there a reason why there exists a separate kernel tree for this build? Why did you guys not merge your work on the kernel?
    Hi!

Our current kernel repository (which you linked) will be obsolete later.
    Like explained in our crowdfunding post we are working on a scratch bringup and therefor also on a new kernel repository which is based on OOS12 kernel sources.
    Hi!

Our current kernel repository (which you linked) will be obsolete later.
    Like explained in our crowdfunding post we are working on a scratch bringup and therefor also on a new kernel repository which is based on OOS12 kernel sources.

Awesome stuff, cant wait for the updates and progress.
    UPDATE 2022-09-16

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Android security patch september 2022

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh19

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93
    Hi!! Does NFC work with the latest version of LineageOS and do banking apps work well? Android Auto? Thank you in advance and thank you for the porting work
    Hi!
    NFC is working.
    Most banking apps require to pass safety net, there is a howto in our telegram group.
    My personal banking app is working fine after I performed the correct steps.
    Feel free to come to our telegram group and ask for assistance there.
    Android Auto will work when you install NikGapps full instead of Omni.
    I am thrilled to hear the great news. Love your work guys.

Is there a way to support you through some nonprofit directly in the future?

Also I've done some research and have a second question. Does the official distribution mean that we will lose system installed aurora store with auto-updates?
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 19.1 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 19.1 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 19.1 vanilla (no GApps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!
    Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Flash the recovery image: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 19.1 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 19.1 vanilla (no GApps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 12.1
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @Keertesh, @MajorP93
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link* and *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 19.1
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2022-05-02
    Last Updated: 2022-09-16
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - to @Keertesh for his awesome work with bringing up 19.1
    - @KakatkarAkshay for maintaning PixelExperience avicii device tree on which this build is heavily based on.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download GApps from here: *Link* (NikGapps SL, Omni Edition)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Flash the recovery image: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into bootloader: click advanced --> reboot to bootloader (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Flash the recovery image again: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    -Enter recovery mode again and choose apply update, apply from adb
    -Sideload the GApps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash GApps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Download GApps from the link above
    -Sideload the GApps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2021-10-10

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Android security patch october 2021
    - Fixed screen off gestures
    - Fixed status bar alignment (aligned to center of punchhole)

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.