[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

blorkraider

Dec 7, 2016
OnePlus Nord
Hi,

Same issue as @joshndroid. I dirty flashed the ROM following OP instructions with ADB sideload in LOS recovery.
Flashing the old rom did not work (it says something like downgrading is not allowed).

I switched to the other slot to be back on previous version and bring my phone back to life.

Is there a specific way to flash this update ?

Reactions: joshndroid

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
UPDATE 2022-05-02

New major release LineageOS 19.1

Changelog:

Both versions:
- Initial release

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

Big thanks goes to @Keertesh for doing most of the work for this new release!

Please note: clean flash required!
For now it is recommended to use PE recovery.
Download link can be found in the first post.
LineageOS 19.1 vanilla is not compatible with OpenGapps. Use FlameGapps.
Refer to the updated instructions in the second post of the thread.

@MajorP93 Upstream LOS provides a 'dirty' upgrade path from 18.1 to 19.1 because data structure is basically the same. Why is wiping data necessary when upgrading from 18.1 to 19.1 using the builds you are providing? Did the build/signing keys change?

Edit: Ah, found the info in the telegram group. So, the signing keys changed between builds. Wouldn't it be possible to export the new keys and provide a migration.zip for people switching from 18.1 to 19.1 as proposed here: https://lineageosroms.com/signing-builds/#changing-keys

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc Sniper

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
@MajorP93 Upstream LOS provides a 'dirty' upgrade path from 18.1 to 19.1 because data structure is basically the same. Why is wiping data necessary when upgrading from 18.1 to 19.1 using the builds you are providing? Did the build/signing keys change?

Edit: Ah, found the info in the telegram group. So, the signing keys changed between builds. Wouldn't it be possible to export the new keys and provide a migration.zip for people switching from 18.1 to 19.1 as proposed here: https://lineageosroms.com/signing-builds/#changing-keys
Would be possible.
I do not plan to do so though.
There are other things regarding this ROM that are more important while my time is limited.

Also backing up your data and migrating really isn't that hard.
Takes 1-2 hours max. and having a backup is important anyway.

Reactions: joshndroid
Apr 25, 2009
London
OnePlus Nord
I've found a small bug in the latest version of vanilla.

The status bar doesn't show when calls and notifications are muted. Previously I'd see the bell symbol with a line through it, but I dont get this symbol anymore.

In vibrate only mode I do get the vibrate symbol on the status bar.

This happens whether I set muted mode with the physical switch above the power button or through the volume menu.

A phone reset will fix the problem temporarily but then it comes back.

Can anyone else confirm the same problem?

S1ngl3-x

Jun 10, 2022
Is there any progress towards reaching official state so I can install it via LOS website?

Last time I checked there was problem with kernel build so I was wondering if things have changed.

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
Great update - thank you for your continued work on this.

Working well for me - I didn't have any trouble with the install of vanilla+gapps by following the instructions in the second post.

I actually tried NikGapps Full (NikGapps-full-arm64-12.1-20220501-signed.zip) instead of Omni. It worked first time. I wanted Android Auto to work, which is only in NikGapps Full. It wasn't working with FlameGapps for me. With NikGapps Full I have Android Auto working
I've finally switched to LOS19 too, doing a clean install and reinstalling all apps manually. Backing up and restoring has always been fairly hit and miss for me over the years so I tend to avoid that.

19.1 is working very nicely for me, thank you @MajorP93, @Keertesh and @KakatkarAkshay for the great work!

I noticed too late that Android Auto won't work with NikGapps-omni. Is there a recommended way of switching to NikGapps-full without wiping and starting over?

I'm asking mainly because Gapps has to be flashed before booting LOS for the first time - suggesting that flashing Gapps might fail after LOS has already been booted.

Can I just flash NikGapps-full on top of a working LOS install with NikGapps-omni, or could I dirty flash LOS19.1-20220518 again on top of itself, as if I'm dirty flashing for an update, and then install NikGapps-full?

Reactions: Yusef Kifah

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
I've found a small bug in the latest version of vanilla.

The status bar doesn't show when calls and notifications are muted. Previously I'd see the bell symbol with a line through it, but I dont get this symbol anymore.

In vibrate only mode I do get the vibrate symbol on the status bar.

This happens whether I set muted mode with the physical switch above the power button or through the volume menu.

A phone reset will fix the problem temporarily but then it comes back.

Can anyone else confirm the same problem?

My alert slider's broken so I couldn't verify that, but I don't get the crossed-out bell symbol either.

Attachments

• muteiconmissing.png
    muteiconmissing.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 121

wadken1

Oct 31, 2010
Can anyone help with this error. I'm failing to even get started flashing the LOS recovery and can't a solution despite many Google searches.

C:\Android\6T\Lineage>fastboot flash boot recovery.img
Warning: skip copying boot_b image avb footer (boot_b partition size: 67108864, boot_b image size: 100663296).
Sending 'boot_b' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.318s]
Writing 'boot_b' FAILED (remote: 'Error flashing partition : Volume Full')
fastboot: error: Command failed

My current active slot is confirmed as "b" although I've also tried it on slot a with similar results.

I have Fastboot version 33.0.2-8557947 installed, phone has OOS 11.1.2.2 and bootloader is definitely unlocked.

qwzar

Oct 15, 2017
Hello.

I flashed microg version and I cant change to vanilla, it says i cant downgrade.

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2022-07-27

Changelog:

Both versions:
- Android security patch july 2022
- Blobs cleanup
- Reverted vulkan (this fixes video playback in some apps, e.g. Instagram)
- Thermal config from OOS
- Improved statusbar dimensions
- Enable Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo
- Update blobs from LA.UM.9.12.r1-14000.02-SMxx50.QSSI12.0
- Update blobs from LA.UM.9.12.r1-14200.02-SMxx50.QSSI12.0
- General performance and stability optimizations

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh19

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93

Last edited:

mythos_

May 27, 2012
This ROM doesn't update modem/baseband, right? So in order to get the latest I suppose I need to update to OOS 12 first and then to this?

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2022-08-03

Changelog:

Both versions:
- Fix high resolution video playback
- Media encoding and decoding optimizations
- Video over LTE call optimizations

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh19

mythos_

May 27, 2012
Can this be installed over the latest OOS12? I see in other threads for lineage on Oneplus phones that specific (older) OOS12 versions are needed.

slz80

Jul 31, 2022
Google contacts wont sync.. tried almost everything.. remove account.. checked permissions.. etc running the vanilla rom. Anyone else has this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 20 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 20 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!

Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 13
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @MajorP93, @KakatkarAkshay
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2023-01-22
    Last Updated: 2023-02-20
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - @KakatkarAkshay for putting in awesome work towards bringing up OOS12 firmware based trees.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download Gapps from here: *Link* (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash Gapps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Download Gapps from the link above
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2023-01-22

New major release LineageOS 20.0

Changelog:

Both versions:
    - Initial release
    - Android 13

Please note:
    While upgrading from our latest LineageOS 19.1 release to this LineageOS 20.0 release using the dirty flash method worked in our tests it is strongly recommended to backup your important data before doing so.
    If possible do a clean flash instead as it can prevent issues when upgrading to a new major release / new version of Android.

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83