Development [ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience for Xiaomi MIX 4

Search This thread

arczowsky

May 16, 2010
i have a question. I installed this rom a time ago and have installed magisk but i failed SafetyNet and CTS. First one i can fix with that module for magisk but CTS don't work. Tried the HidePropsConf Module but don't work too.

Is this because i have the nethunter kernel installed?

anyone here have a mix 4 with this rom and complete root?
Yep. This rom + magisk + zygisk for google apps + this:

Apr 28, 2021
Yep. This rom + magisk + zygisk for google apps + this:
i installed this rom here + Magisk + activated zygisk + installed the SafetyNet Fix and it don't work.
Root Checker says that i passed SafetyNet and Response signature validation but failed at Basic Integrity and CTS Profile Mismatch

tried MagiskHidePropsConf and changed to some licensed device fingerprints but always the same.
with the xiaomi.eu weekly rom i have complete root.

When i reboot my phone and open the root checker fast as possible it says: Succeed. 10 seconds later it says failed. I think something starts at bootup who mismatch root.

arczowsky

May 16, 2010
i installed this rom here + Magisk + activated zygisk + installed the SafetyNet Fix and it don't work.
Root Checker says that i passed SafetyNet and Response signature validation but failed at Basic Integrity and CTS Profile Mismatch

tried MagiskHidePropsConf and changed to some licensed device fingerprints but always the same.
with the xiaomi.eu weekly rom i have complete root.

When i reboot my phone and open the root checker fast as possible it says: Succeed. 10 seconds later it says failed. I think something starts at bootup who mismatch root.
Have u tried that fix from @Displax post?
I just installed rom, then magisk, added google apps to DenyList, repacked magisk app to random package name, flashed that fix and thats it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-093922_SafetyNet Test.png
    Screenshot_20220810-093922_SafetyNet Test.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
i have a question. I installed this rom a time ago and have installed magisk but i failed SafetyNet and CTS. First one i can fix with that module for magisk but CTS don't work. Tried the HidePropsConf Module but don't work too.

Is this because i have the nethunter kernel installed?

anyone here have a mix 4 with this rom and complete root?
Well, i haven't tried it with PE since i'm on LOS, but here's how i installed Magisk successfully (Safetynet and CTS successful). Disclaimer: Did it on a new clean system flash)

1) In TWRP - Flashed Magisk.apk by changing *.apk into *.zip
2) reboot
3) Installed Magisk.apk
5) In Magisk-app flashed it again via Direct-Flash (just to be safe)
6) reboots automatically
4) installed Universal Safetynet Fix (should be 2.3.1 currently)
5) reboot
6) Turned on Zygisk and Forced Denying-List
7) reboot
7a) Hiding Magisk-App by giving it a different name
8) Entered Magisk-app and Zygisk-List
9) deny root for Google-play-services, Play-Store and google-Framework
10) wipe cache and data of those 3
11) reboot

Maybe this will help.

yucleto

Mar 11, 2013
I have an issue with a specific app (DirectvGo - Mexico) I've got this message, already hide magisk/app in hidden apps), any possible solution ?

Translation - "The firmware of this device has changed"

Thanx !

Attachments

• photo_2022-08-10_11-58-05.jpg
    photo_2022-08-10_11-58-05.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 16

Lukeass

Aug 16, 2020
Please fix aod and fod in next patch.
FOD- sometimes is lighting with green then doesnt work
AOD- fingerpring doesnt work after 5 sec
Also screen is changing color when is switching between 120hz and 60hz

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

pompiro

Mar 17, 2017
Hello guys, i'm trying this ROM and its amazing! i come from an EU Stable ROM and this one is much better, i LOVE It. But...
I've got a problem playing Brawl Stars, it is low on frames on main screen but when i try to load a match the game and phone freezes, i can't play the game. Do someone knows what causes that? Thanks for advance

Lukeass

Aug 16, 2020
Hello guys, i'm trying this ROM and its amazing! i come from an EU Stable ROM and this one is much better, i LOVE It. But...
I've got a problem playing Brawl Stars, it is low on frames on main screen but when i try to load a match the game and phone freezes, i can't play the game. Do someone knows what causes that? Thanks for advance
For me is working fine. Try to make a clean flash once again.

Apr 28, 2021
Well, i haven't tried it with PE since i'm on LOS, but here's how i installed Magisk successfully (Safetynet and CTS successful). Disclaimer: Did it on a new clean system flash)

1) In TWRP - Flashed Magisk.apk by changing *.apk into *.zip
2) reboot
3) Installed Magisk.apk
5) In Magisk-app flashed it again via Direct-Flash (just to be safe)
6) reboots automatically
4) installed Universal Safetynet Fix (should be 2.3.1 currently)
5) reboot
6) Turned on Zygisk and Forced Denying-List
7) reboot
7a) Hiding Magisk-App by giving it a different name
8) Entered Magisk-app and Zygisk-List
9) deny root for Google-play-services, Play-Store and google-Framework
10) wipe cache and data of those 3
11) reboot

Maybe this will help.
I have found the solution.
I must deactivate the root rights for nethunter for passing root complete.

How i found this solution?
When i restart my phone for 5 seconds i passed but after nethunter Startup i dont passed root.

Thanks for the Help.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I haven't been active on XDA recently thanks to IRL stuff, but I have been doing some ROM work in the background. A new build is up with some fixes and improvements

• August security patch (Build ID is for July but August patch is merged)
  • Kernel updated to 5.4.210
  • Distorted audio in VoIP apps fixed
  • Expanded refresh rate settings (60hz, 90hz, 120hz min/max rates are selectable)
  • Auto refresh rate switching disabled below 35% brightness (should stop noticeable gamma shift at low brightness)
  • New option to enable/disable 120w fast charge in battery settings (on by default)
  • Extended charging info on lockscreen (amperage, wattage, voltage, not a standard PE feature, added by me)

I've also got an updated OrangeFox build that can decrypt Android 12 ROMs available here (flashable zip):

Last edited:

NULLOBANDITO

Jul 20, 2018
I haven't been active on XDA recently thanks to IRL stuff, but I have been doing some ROM work in the background. A new build is up with some fixes and improvements

• Expanded refresh rate settings (60hz, 90hz, 120hz min/max rates are selectable)
  • Auto refresh rate switching disabled below 35% brightness (should stop noticeable gamma shift at low brightness)
  • New option to enable/disable 120w fast charge in battery settings (on by default)
  • Extended charging info on lockscreen (amperage, wattage, voltage, not a standard PE feature, added by me)

I've also got an updated OrangeFox build that can decrypt Android 12 ROMs available here (flashable zip):
Thanks soooo much for this! Without you behind that I'd be pretty frustrated with my MIX 4 seeing as the EU ROM isn't getting fixed.

One thing I noticed is ANXCamera freezing for a few seconds when taking a pic or switching between 1x and 5x.

MasterDiCoR

Dec 4, 2021
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
{Mod edit: Quoted post deleted}
why are you spamming this in every Mix4 post? have you ever heard of workload? do you know that for updates you have to fix the bugs first?

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Dec 2, 2013

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MIX 4 [odin]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Screen off FOD
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Downloads available here

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

#bug or missing function, battery share (reverse charge) is not exists!

You are the best. :) :) :)

Btw, what is required for your builds to become official... honestly, just asking out of interest.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
You are the best. :) :) :)

Btw, what is required for your builds to become official... honestly, just asking out of interest.
Official PE builds aren't allowed to have ANX Camera installed. Seems a pretty arbitrary decision to me, especially as GCam can't make use of all the features of this device (e.g. 108mp mode)
I can't understand why fod is not working on ambient display. At least remove fod "logo" from screen @Inkypen
Rest of update is nuts. Keep going mate
Same reason sceen off FOD doesn't work. Unlike Xiaomi, I allow the GPU to nap when the device enters deep sleep to save battery. Side effect is when the GPU goes to sleep, the touchscreen driver stops reporting touches in the FOD area. Considering both "double tap to wake" and "raise to wake" work perfectly fine, I think this is an acceptable trade off for better battery life.
One more thing I've noticed just now, is the Now Playing feature disabled in this ROM or is that a bug?
Unfortunately Now Playing only works on genuine Pixel devices.

Lukeass

Aug 16, 2020
Same reason sceen off FOD doesn't work. Unlike Xiaomi, I allow the GPU to nap when the device enters deep sleep to save battery. Side effect is when the GPU goes to sleep, the touchscreen driver stops reporting touches in the FOD area. Considering both "double tap to wake" and "raise to wake" work perfectly fine, I think this is an acceptable trade off for better battery life.
In my opinion u should give people a choice with battery draining. Whats wrong with this green light while unlocking phone by fod? its sometimes doenst allow to unlock the phone.
Btw 90hz doesnt work when min is 60hz and max 90hz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've posted an update for the A13 beta. 120w charging and bluetooth are fixed. I've also added a fix to get deep sleep in AOD working. I've tried various things to get ANX camera working but they all fail. We are going to have to wait for MIUI 14 to release so that I can grab an A13 version of libcameraservice.

Bear in mind that A13 is still in beta status so expect some bugs, although everything seems pretty solid so far.
    Pixel Experience 13 Beta has been released. It's available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/13/PixelExperience/

It's advisable to clean flash when updating to new Android versions as opposed to updating the same Android version. You might be able to flash 13 directly over 12 but this is untested.
    ANX camera crashes under A13 so is not included.
    Using Wichaya's GCam port, works really well for me. I included the XML config I use below.

Screenshot_20220915-041332.png
    老哥怎么刷机,我看不懂啊

Mod Edit: Use the English Language or a Translator, please:

Brother how to flash the machine, I don't understand
    thx dude . i will use english
    @Inkypen Sorry to bother you again, but would it be possible to apply the FOD patch to the LineageOS ROM? I'm experiencing some idle battery drain on the PixelExperience ROM that wasn't happening on the LineageOS ROM. Even the older versions of the ROM (before the FOD patch) and the ParanoidAndroid rom on this forum (which is based off your code) were both experiencing this issue. LineageOS + the Pixelify Magisk module gives me the same functionality with like 2x the battery life so I'd like to switch to that but I've already gotten used to the FOD.

Thanks again for this ROM!
    Funny that you mention it, I'm uploading fresh LOS builds now.

Also on another note: Considering how many people were whinging about screen off FOD not working, I'm amazed that only one person actually had any comments about my test build. No one else has any feedback?

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MIX 4 [odin]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Screen off FOD
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Downloads available here

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

I found a way to get screen off fingerprint to work without turning off deep sleep. Here is a test build, if the feedback is good I'll add this permanently.
    New builds are up. Download

Changelog:
    • Kernel version 5.4.203
    • July security patch
    • Fixed Wifi Display
    • Fixed physical screen size properties (this caused tiiny images in apps like reddit)
    • Fixed Netflix not detecting widevine L1 correctly
    • Added high touch poll rate for you gamers out there ;)
    • Enabled multi threaded render engine (improves UI smoothness)
    • Enabled some power saving tweaks for Wifi/Bluetooth
    • Some other minor tweaks and improvements

Also got an updated TWRP A12 build for you here: Download
    • Touchscreen now works properly on MIUI based ROMs
    • TWRP settings are now saved properly and are persistent across reboots
    • TWRP settings are now saved in /data/recovery rather than /sdcard/.twrps (some apps look for the .twrps folder and then declare your device is rooted even if it isn't)
    {Mod edit: Quoted post deleted}
    I literally just posted an update and then you ask for an update as well as spam just about every thread with this absurd request. Congrats, you're now on my ignore list and I won't see any of your future posts (y)