[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][20/06/2022]

Search This thread

tommotx

Jan 12, 2015
Really nice ROM. Thank you! I have only one wish. Can you please include working MI Sound Enhancer for the headphones like we have in Pixel Experience ROM?

Reactions: Zeetaa

Zeetaa

Nov 21, 2019
Really nice ROM. Thank you! I have only one wish. Can you please include working MI Sound Enhancer for the headphones like we have in Pixel Experience ROM?
Hey, thx for the feedback. About mi sound enhancer i will look into it but not sure if will be included in next update

Zeetaa

Nov 21, 2019
never mind, absolutely awful battery life over the last 2 days. lost 60% while I was sleeping due to wakelocks. why do AOSP and Pixel-like custom ROMs always seem to have this problem, where MIUI doesn't?
Hey, sry for ur battery drain but have u tried to disable chrimera?

Zeetaa

Nov 21, 2019
If u guts don't know, in Android 11, 12, 12.1, 13 there is a logspam about a gms service called conscrypt, that logspam leads to alot of overhead, battery drain and maybe performance loss so to fix that u need to do:

Install Termux in f-droid site:

After that open termux and type:

su

After that type this command:

pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

And done!

You don't need to reboot or do this command after every reboot.

What does after that?
- Well, this disables chimera which is a non sense service who does logspam and overheads

Ultra_HR

Hey, sry for ur battery drain but have u tried to disable chrimera?

If u guts don't know, in Android 11, 12, 12.1, 13 there is a logspam about a gms service called conscrypt, that logspam leads to alot of overhead, battery drain and maybe performance loss so to fix that u need to do:

Install Termux in f-droid site:

After that open termux and type:

su

After that type this command:

pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

And done!

You don't need to reboot or do this command after every reboot.

What does after that?
- Well, this disables chimera which is a non sense service who does logspam and overheads
Thanks for the tip. However, when I try this, the terminal gives an error:
Code:
cmd: Failure calling service package: Failed transaction (2147483646)

I am not rooted, if that matters, and don't intend to root.

Zeetaa

Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for the tip. However, when I try this, the terminal gives an error:
Code:
cmd: Failure calling service package: Failed transaction (2147483646)

I am not rooted, if that matters, and don't intend to root.
U will need to have root. U can root and unroot after type the command

Zeetaa

Nov 21, 2019
Ok, thank you, I may try this (but probably not).

Out of curiosity, do you know why this is an issue on this ROM and other similar Pixel-style ROMs, but not on stock MIUI or Xiaomi.eu? If it is an issue with Google Play Services, surely it should affect all ROMs equally, no?
I didn't have this issue in PixelOs.

On PixelExperience, in the first week I had a deviceidle_maint wakelock that was causing high battery drain. After a few days it disappeared, battery life is good now. I am on self built PixelExperience and Nexus kernel.
Just give it 1-2 weeks and see if it gets better.

Ultra_HR

Mine is also safe from the drain *knockonwood
I did have the drain on pixel experience plus, that's why I switched to PixelOS.
I was the same as you for a few days. Drain on Pixel Experience, but not on PixelOS. But now I have to here too 😅

I might get around to rooting to disable the Chimera thing, if that is indeed what is causing the drain.

@Zeetaa Better Battery Stats suggests the main reason for the drain is a wakelock from something called "smpwp-sleepstate" - does this still mean it is caused by Chimera??

fenixdemar

Apr 18, 2022
I don't know if this will be the case but I have found that on all AOSP roms the battery drains dramatically if "Always on display" is enabled, but not when I disable it.

Cheers!

Ultra_HR

I don't know if this will be the case but I have found that on all AOSP roms the battery drains dramatically if "Always on display" is enabled, but not when I disable it.

Cheers!
Yes, this is often the case. It's very frustrating, because always on display is a nice feature, and it doesn't cause anywhere near so much battery drain in MIUI-based ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
    None

Requirements
    FW 12.5.3.0

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Lmi Download
    Firmware https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/lmi/stable/V12.5.3.0.RJKMIXM
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    Recovery https://t.me/NexusKernelSm8250/21130

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • Nexus Kernel included

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Wipe cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash fw 12.5.3.0 (link above)
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
    • Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat

Source Code
    PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree https://github.com/NotZeetaa/device_xiaomi_lmi-4/tree/PixelOs
    Common Device Tree https://github.com/NotZeetaa/device_xiaomi_sm8250-common-4/tree/PixelOs
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/projects-nexus/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8250/tree/staging2

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.x
    Stable Release Date: 19/06/2022
    Latest Release Date: 19/06/2022
    IMG_20220618_202429_370.jpg

New HotFix Update Up!

Download

Changelog:
    - Revert A12 Blobs in dt (Didn't broke anything but to make sure)
    - Fixed Status bar too above

Notes:
    - Fw 12.5.3.0 global
    I have been using this for two days now and honestly this the most polished Pixel rom I've seen for this phone. Battery life is much better than PE+ and no bugs anywhere to be found. Great job, hope it doesn't get abandoned.
    I am not sure what features this ROM has that other Pixel-style ROMs don't. I think, maybe, the answer is none? However, it is very stable, and battery life seems a lot better than what I got with Pixel Experience.

I'll probably try some others too, but will come back to this given how stable and efficient it seems. Are there any killer features of this ROM that I'm missing? Also, are there plans to make this official, so that it can get updates through OTA?
    Yes there are plans to get official
    I didn't have this issue in PixelOs.
    Mine is also safe from the drain *knockonwood
    I did have the drain on pixel experience plus, that's why I switched to PixelOS.