[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hama (Syria)
Hello fod, I partially fixed fod on your source, it doesn't enroll for some reason. but a good step to keep going on.

IMG_20220918_000835.jpg

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hello fod, I partially fixed fod on your source, it doesn't enroll for some reason. but a good step to keep going on.

View attachment 5713903
That's awesome! Still a step forward 😁

Also, I had a quick look at your kernel repo, and it was indeed a kernel problem.. though the touchscreen commits do nothing since we use a different touchscreen and those files never get built.. easy to port over to a70 though! Hope you correct that :)

Last edited:

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hama (Syria)
That's awesome! Still a step forward 😁

Also, I had a quick look at your kernel repo, and it was indeed a kernel problem.. though the touchscreen commits do nothing since we use a different touchscreen and those files never get built.. easy to port over to a70 though! Hope you correct that :)
yes I wasnt included all a72 kernel patches in that test so now should be find, currently I'm cleaning up overlays and fingerprint hal before continue a70q+sm6150-common bring up due to plan to buy a71 maybe.

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-174217_LineageOS Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220918-174217_LineageOS Settings.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20220918_231802.jpg
    IMG_20220918_231802.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

xandar_null

Sep 22, 2022
XandarNull.t.me
Hey sir, I just wanted to say thank you for doing all of this on behalf of every A70 owner, I have a poco x3 pro and an A70 and I have been following this project in silence for over 3 months now, checking the comments on this thread and the GitHub releases and commits, you are doing great work and this rom is becoming more and more stable every day because of you, I noticed your default GitHub branch is now Lineage 20.0, does that mean you're gonna update it to android 13?, I would also love if you'd support Evox more since I use it on my poco and I think it's a bit better than LineageOS, no pressure though, thanks again for the great work.

• Love
Reactions: rttxda

northsail

Sep 13, 2022
Hey sir, I just wanted to say thank you for doing all of this on behalf of every A70 owner, I have a poco x3 pro and an A70 and I have been following this project in silence for over 3 months now, checking the comments on this thread and the GitHub releases and commits, you are doing great work and this rom is becoming more and more stable every day because of you, I noticed your default GitHub branch is now Lineage 20.0, does that mean you're gonna update it to android 13?, I would also love if you'd support Evox more since I use it on my poco and I think it's a bit better than LineageOS, no pressure though, thanks again for the great work.
Evox better than lineage? i don't think so.

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
this rom is becoming more and more stable every day
Maybe "every day" is a bit of a stretch but thank you! It takes a lot of time, I've spent many hours on it, even before the xda release..
I noticed your default GitHub branch is now Lineage 20.0, does that mean you're gonna update it to android 13?, I would also love if you'd support Evox more since I use it on my poco and I think it's a bit better than LineageOS
Yes, I'll definitely try to update it to 13. I aim to eventually do evo x builds as well, but I'd rather focus on Lineage first since it's the most popular and mature distro.
Evox better than lineage? i don't think so.
To each his own, personally I like it, it's pretty much just pixel experience with some neat features. Bad experience often comes from a bad port to some device😅

PS testers still needed if someone wants to test dual sim

xandar_null

Sep 22, 2022
XandarNull.t.me
Maybe "every day" is a bit of a stretch but thank you! It takes a lot of time, I've spent many hours on it, even before the xda release..
yeah, I didn't mean literally every day but how it keeps getting better with your bug fixes, and yeah I read the post when you said you only posted it here after you worked a lot on it before you released it, again, great work, and thanks.
To each his own, personally I like it, it's pretty much just pixel experience with some neat features. Bad experience often comes from a bad port to some device😅
you're absolutely right, maybe I can just flash NikGApps and pixel launcher then it would function very similarly to evox, and be less bloated

Reactions: rttxda

IBastawisi

Jan 3, 2015
Mansura
ibastawisi.github.io
yeah, I didn't mean literally every day but how it keeps getting better with your bug fixes, and yeah I read the post when you said you only posted it here after you worked a lot on it before you released it, again, great work, and thanks.

you're absolutely right, maybe I can just flash NikGApps and pixel launcher then it would function very similarly to evox, and be less bloated
Or just install Pixelify Magisk module to enables pixel exclusive features and ui

xandar_null

Sep 22, 2022
XandarNull.t.me
Or just install Pixelify Magisk module to enables pixel exclusive features and ui
yeah that's a great idea maybe I'll try it but I'm not a very big fan of spoofing the whole device, I only use pixelify google photos for unlimited storage, and the full package of NikGApps already replaces most apps and features with google ones without spoofing, and not to mention that Lineage already looks and functions very great.

TestUserG

Sep 7, 2022
Even more good news: looks like I got dual sim working too 😁 Testers needed, if anyone uses two SIM cards and wants to test them, send me a message on telegram @rtd1250 or here on xda!
Could anyone give me the latest build that passes selinux enforcing. I see commits in github but no release. I do not care if it is in development mode. Do we also know when the September build be available for all?

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Could anyone give me the latest build that passes selinux enforcing. I see commits in github but no release. I do not care if it is in development mode. Do we also know when the September build be available for all?
I can send it to you if you really want it but it's unfinished (mainly battery is broken) and I don't want to release a buggy build! There is too much stuff in the works to include everything in september but I'll still release the security patch update this weekend. Didn't expect the update to be this big.

Reactions: Jinetty21

TestUserG

Sep 7, 2022
Well, even with selinux permissive I managed to completely pass safetynet using magisk delta and instructions in github + magisk props. Google pay works and play store is certified. However, it would be better to wait for selinux enforcing in October update and to a fingerprint fix.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome Job ...
    Thanks for your hard work ....
    When will we see the next release ?
    Thumbs up 👍
    I'll try to release the next update this week if everything goes to plan.
    First LineageOS 20 build is now uploaded on GitHub!
    All Android 13-specific bugs that I know of got ironed out :) Please report any bugs that you did not encounter on 19.1!!

It still needs some work but adventurous testers can download it from here:
    Yet another progress update: DualSIM works, including calls! Big thanks to @haky 86 and @KewlCustomRomGuy for testing the changes :)
    November 14th update is out, including DualSIM and FOD support.
    Changelog:
    • Fingerprint sensor is now supported
    • DualSIM is now supported, with calls on both SIMs
    • Double tap to wake is now supported
    • Low bluetooth volume is fixed
    • Echo cancellation is fixed
    • Low volume in some usecases (especially calls) is fixed
    • Switched to Samsung audio
    • Synced latest LineageOS sources
    • October + November security patches
    Some good news today: apart from fingerprint and double tap to wake, it seems like I've got some progress on dual sim too. @EuK_V I know you have followed this topic. Only thing needed to test is calls on both sims. Internet might not work (yet..)
    If someone wants to test I'll send a build, or just look on my github and report back.
    lineage_stacked_teal.png

LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy A70

(want to test LineageOS 20? see here)
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - DualSIM, including calls on both sims
    - Most other basic stuff

Partially fixed:
    - SELinux - needs some more work, but it boots

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 13-based roms. I still recommend using this version and I'll keep updating it with some smaller patches!

I won't accept any bugs if you use a custom kernel or you modified the install process in some way (for example force disabled encryption)!!

Known issues:
    - There is a small issue with internet calls (WhatsApp, Signal...) where output devices are reversed (speaker and earpiece). Doesn't impact call quality though, this is a problem across many recent samsung qcom devices.
    - VoLTE, this affects all Samsung devices on custom roms, not just us ;)

Installation guide:
    1. Make sure that the phone has the recommended A705FNXXU5DVG3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked
    ---
    2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, and flash vbmeta through AP button (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage)
    Download vbmeta here
    ---
    3. Reboot again into download mode (hold both volume buttons when phone tries to restart)
    ---
    4. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.
    I suggest that you use Lineage recovery for a better experience, but you can use TWRP as long as you know what you're doing.
    Download Lineage recovery here

Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    ---
    5. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer)
    ---
    6. Do a factory reset in recovery, then flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.
    There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the rom to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    ---
    7. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

lineage-19.1-20221114-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(AndroidFileHost mirror) androidfilehost is currently broken

Previous releases:
    lineage-19.1-20220929-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220721-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(For earlier releases, see the changelog spoiler)

Changelog:
    20221114:
    • Fingerprint sensor is now supported
    • DualSIM is now supported, with calls on both SIMs
    • Double tap to wake is now supported
    • Low bluetooth volume is fixed
    • Echo cancellation is fixed
    • Low volume in some usecases (especially calls) is fixed
    • Switched to Samsung audio
    • Synced latest LineageOS sources
    • October + November security patches
    • Many other small changes, see git trees.
    Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Contributors
    @rttxda @ataberkozen @Grarak @haky 86

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

Other info
    OS version: Android 12.1
    Linux version: 4.14.261
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DVG3
    Build date: 14/11/2022
    Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)
    Android 13 dropped, and in result many rom maintainers have started porting their features.

While the Lineage team is working on the new version, I'm happy to share that I have successfully built and booted (first try!) the Evolution X 7.0 rom for the A70, making it one of the first devices to get an Android 13-based unofficial build 😁
    For now I don't believe it deserves a separate thread as this is a very early - literally first - build just for testing. No warranties, bugs are to be expected, so if anyone wants to experiment with it, I have uploaded it to AFH:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197207221
    Wifi is broken, use Bluetooth internet sharing. Ethernet works too.
    Source available here and here and here.
    Lineage 19 continues to be supported, of course :)
    Nice work! I'm glad to see someone else taking over. I might be able to help you with FOD after June 20th.
    New build is up, with September security patches! This release mostly contains "under the hood" changes, see the changelog.
    Also an important note: This is most likely the last build to be on SElinux permissive, so please back up your data because the next update will require a clean flash!