[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hama (Syria)
I sideloaded it. You've done a great job porting it to A70. I noticed some issues though:

1. When the phone boots up, the ROM "crashes" on the lock screen, the screen goes black (even though i see the power off, restart, lockdown options). The most of times, it will be fixed by itself, and other times will just stay black and I'll have to reboot it 1-2 times.

2. The ROM is *slow* in detecting the sim card (it might take 2 minutes to load it and prompt for the pin, and locks the device, even it is already unlocked)

3. Lineage OS Recovery seems to be broken (at least in me, which bricked my phone). It just "bootloops" to download mode. Tried using adb reboot recovery (which caused the bootloop) and using the key combo. I had to flash TWRP and repeat the installation progress again :(

Besides the problems, I will keep it and i won't switch back to OneUI.

Thank you!
Flash patched vbmeta, sideload works on both los and twrp recoveries.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hama (Syria)
Dude I saw you pushed device trees back again in a70q-dev but it's all 18.1 and seems like it's same with your old device trees. Is it working on 19.1 ?
well coz I'm rebasing it as should be, for 19.1 you must brings some changes.

ofc I'd rather fix R tree first, in that way bringing S will be a way easier. I've got some "peace" after passing the bootanimation

Working things:
* Audio.
* Lights.
* Power.
* USB and maybe other things from first try already.

XCongoAlpha

Jan 18, 2020
Does Gcam Work in this rom? None of the following Gcam works:
Tried: All versions GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428.0041Release_Snap.apk (org.codeaurora.snapcam)
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428.0042Release_Biometrics.apk (com.samsung.android.biometrics.service)
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428.0040Release_Cameight.apk (com.google.android.GoogleCamera.Cameight)

Jinetty21

Oct 3, 2021
Turkey
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428.0042Release_Biometrics.apk (com.samsung.android.biometrics.service)
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.220428.0040Release_Cameight.apk (com.google.android.GoogleCamera.Cameight)
I'm using BSG's GCAM mods right now. Everything works correctly.

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Any GCam that works on other ROMs should work here exactly the same, most gcams have problems with the a70 but as mentioned earlier some BSG versions work

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I am editing the "mixer_paths_idp.xml" file and I have stuck on finding the earpiece speaker. Can someone tell me which RX is? (I don't know if the Lineage OS 19.1's file is the same with OneUI's one)
this iirc (line 2739):

Mixer paths for aosp are a bit different from OneUI, a diff with the stock file will show all differences :)

this iirc (line 2739):

Mixer paths for aosp are a bit different from OneUI, a diff with the stock file will show all differences :)
Hmm... Adding the "caller-handset" to "speaker" doesn't make the earpiece work as a secondary speaker..

I am trying to make the earpiece as a second speaker and "play together" with the first.
XML:
    <path name="speaker">
        <path name="spk" />
        <path name="call-handset"/>
    </path>

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I am trying to make the earpiece as a second speaker and "play together" with the first.
I see.. but I doubt it's that simple, and I've never tried doing it. Take a look at the s10 configs, after lines 562 and 785:

Also for media, I'd rather use the normal "handset" path

I see.. but I doubt it's that simple, and I've never tried doing it. Take a look at the s10 configs, after lines 562 and 785:

Also for media, I'd rather use the normal "handset" path
Yeah, that seems to help. If there are any updates i will post :)
I don't think i will need all of these routes from the s10 config.
Thanks!

Yeah, that seems to help. If there are any updates i will post :)
I don't think i will need all of these routes from the s10 config.
Thanks!
It is working. Although it is very low in volume, but I feel that I have 2 speakers on my phone. (Tip: Since it is fake stereo, enable the "Mono Audio" in Settings [Settings -> Accessibility -> Audio Adjustment] ) - I will have to look for ways to boost/amplify the earpiece at an "okay" level. Thanks @rttxda! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_233600.jpg
    IMG_20220807_233600.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 28
  • Love
Reactions: rttxda
Reactions: Aidin.rk

rttxda

Oct 19, 2019
Poland
Xiaomi Mi 9
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Also, while I was watching that thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...on-lineageos-19-1-for-a52-4g-and-a72.4364519/ , i show Grarak that found a "fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix"

Could you apply this fix on this build?
My tree is based on Grarak's :) I saw that thread as well but those fixes are a bit old (made for android 10 iirc), and even the updated fp hal doesn't seem to work on the A70 in particular. Now that I've got a bit more time I'll try to look into the whole fingerprint thing again, but if I can't figure it out then someone else might :D It's been one of the major headaches to troubleshoot for me
Hi! sry for the dumb question,
can i flash this new build on top of the previous one with twrp?
It's not a dumb question, but yes you can update from the previous build
Can I install it on new build number A705FXXU5DVG3?
Haven't tested it but should be ok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome Job ...
    Thanks for your hard work ....
    When will we see the next release ?
    Thumbs up 👍
    I'll try to release the next update this week if everything goes to plan.
    First LineageOS 20 build is now uploaded on GitHub!
    All Android 13-specific bugs that I know of got ironed out :) Please report any bugs that you did not encounter on 19.1!!

It still needs some work but adventurous testers can download it from here:
    Yet another progress update: DualSIM works, including calls! Big thanks to @haky 86 and @KewlCustomRomGuy for testing the changes :)
    November 14th update is out, including DualSIM and FOD support.
    Changelog:
    • Fingerprint sensor is now supported
    • DualSIM is now supported, with calls on both SIMs
    • Double tap to wake is now supported
    • Low bluetooth volume is fixed
    • Echo cancellation is fixed
    • Low volume in some usecases (especially calls) is fixed
    • Switched to Samsung audio
    • Synced latest LineageOS sources
    • October + November security patches
    Some good news today: apart from fingerprint and double tap to wake, it seems like I've got some progress on dual sim too. @EuK_V I know you have followed this topic. Only thing needed to test is calls on both sims. Internet might not work (yet..)
    If someone wants to test I'll send a build, or just look on my github and report back.
    lineage_stacked_teal.png

LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy A70

(want to test LineageOS 20? see here)
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - RIL
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - DualSIM, including calls on both sims
    - Most other basic stuff

Partially fixed:
    - SELinux - needs some more work, but it boots

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 13-based roms. I still recommend using this version and I'll keep updating it with some smaller patches!

I won't accept any bugs if you use a custom kernel or you modified the install process in some way (for example force disabled encryption)!!

Known issues:
    - There is a small issue with internet calls (WhatsApp, Signal...) where output devices are reversed (speaker and earpiece). Doesn't impact call quality though, this is a problem across many recent samsung qcom devices.
    - VoLTE, this affects all Samsung devices on custom roms, not just us ;)

Installation guide:
    1. Make sure that the phone has the recommended A705FNXXU5DVG3 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked
    ---
    2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, and flash vbmeta through AP button (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage)
    Download vbmeta here
    ---
    3. Reboot again into download mode (hold both volume buttons when phone tries to restart)
    ---
    4. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.
    I suggest that you use Lineage recovery for a better experience, but you can use TWRP as long as you know what you're doing.
    Download Lineage recovery here

Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    ---
    5. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer)
    ---
    6. Do a factory reset in recovery, then flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.
    There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the rom to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    ---
    7. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

lineage-19.1-20221114-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(AndroidFileHost mirror) androidfilehost is currently broken

Previous releases:
    lineage-19.1-20220929-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220721-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

(For earlier releases, see the changelog spoiler)

Changelog:
    20221114:
    • Fingerprint sensor is now supported
    • DualSIM is now supported, with calls on both SIMs
    • Double tap to wake is now supported
    • Low bluetooth volume is fixed
    • Echo cancellation is fixed
    • Low volume in some usecases (especially calls) is fixed
    • Switched to Samsung audio
    • Synced latest LineageOS sources
    • October + November security patches
    • Many other small changes, see git trees.
    Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Contributors
    @rttxda @ataberkozen @Grarak @haky 86

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

Other info
    OS version: Android 12.1
    Linux version: 4.14.261
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DVG3
    Build date: 14/11/2022
    Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)
    Android 13 dropped, and in result many rom maintainers have started porting their features.

While the Lineage team is working on the new version, I'm happy to share that I have successfully built and booted (first try!) the Evolution X 7.0 rom for the A70, making it one of the first devices to get an Android 13-based unofficial build 😁
    For now I don't believe it deserves a separate thread as this is a very early - literally first - build just for testing. No warranties, bugs are to be expected, so if anyone wants to experiment with it, I have uploaded it to AFH:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197207221
    Wifi is broken, use Bluetooth internet sharing. Ethernet works too.
    Source available here and here and here.
    Lineage 19 continues to be supported, of course :)
    Nice work! I'm glad to see someone else taking over. I might be able to help you with FOD after June 20th.
    New build is up, with September security patches! This release mostly contains "under the hood" changes, see the changelog.
    Also an important note: This is most likely the last build to be on SElinux permissive, so please back up your data because the next update will require a clean flash!