[ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

Munir.jacob90

Dec 19, 2020
Don't use night light/extra dim/etc. with fod, it's always been a problem on this phone since we have a mediocre sensor. Light mode struggles sometimes too. Majority of people (including testers) did not have any issues with fod tho
Thank you so much .. it worked
Thanks for the information..
Waiting for newer versions ..
Over all awesome work ..

Reactions: rttxda

abilash_22

Sep 12, 2022
Avudaiyarkoil, India

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-28 220755.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-28 220755.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage_stacked_teal.png

LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy A70

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - DualSIM, including calls on both sims
    - RIL
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Data encryption
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - SELinux enforcing
    - OTA updates
    - Most other basic stuff

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 13-based roms.

Known issues:
    - There is a small issue with internet calls (WhatsApp, Signal...) where output devices are reversed (speaker and earpiece). Doesn't impact call quality though, this is a problem across many recent samsung qcom devices.
    - VoLTE, this affects all Samsung devices on custom roms, not just us ;)

Installation guide:
    1. Make sure that the phone has the recommended A705FNXXU5DVK6 Samsung firmware installed and the bootloader is unlocked
    ---
    2. Open Odin, disable auto reboot in options, and flash vbmeta through AP button (it's required for the bootloader to load Lineage)
    Download vbmeta here
    ---
    3. Reboot again into download mode (hold both volume buttons when phone tries to restart)
    ---
    4. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.
    I suggest that you use Lineage recovery for a better experience, but you can use TWRP as long as you know what you're doing.
    Download Lineage recovery here

Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    ---
    5. Reboot straight into recovery (Volume Up+Power while plugged into the computer)
    ---
    6. Do a factory reset in recovery, then flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.
    There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the rom to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    ---
    7. Flash any other addons (Google apps, magisk/lygisk..) the same way and reboot

Downloads:

(Please clean flash if coming from 2022.11.14!)

lineage-19.1-20230202-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Changelog:
    20230202:
    • Repo sync
    • .190 kernel
    • Signature spoofing for microG support
    • Updated blobs to DVK6
    • aptX support (I hope...)
    • Entire ramdisk updated to R
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • OTA support
    • shameless plug in updater app :)
    • Other minor changes
    Previous changelogs: https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q/releases

Like my work? Consider donating 😊

Contributors
    @rttxda @ataberkozen @Grarak @haky 86

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

Other info
    OS version: Android 12.1
    Linux version: 4.14.190
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DVK6
    Build date: 02/02/2023
    Another good news today: the phone finally booted with SELinux enforcing! :giggle: This means the update will be pushed back a bit while I polish the sepolicy but it looks like we'll finally have enforcing on Android 12 (and 13), enabling SafetyNet and other cool stuff :D

..such immense power that even the battery capacity has magically increased ;)
    Android 13 dropped, and in result many rom maintainers have started porting their features.

While the Lineage team is working on the new version, I'm happy to share that I have successfully built and booted (first try!) the Evolution X 7.0 rom for the A70, making it one of the first devices to get an Android 13-based unofficial build 😁
    For now I don't believe it deserves a separate thread as this is a very early - literally first - build just for testing. No warranties, bugs are to be expected, so if anyone wants to experiment with it, I have uploaded it to AFH:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197207221
    Wifi is broken, use Bluetooth internet sharing. Ethernet works too.
    Source available here and here and here.
    Lineage 19 continues to be supported, of course :)
    Nice work! I'm glad to see someone else taking over. I might be able to help you with FOD after June 20th.
    New build is up, with September security patches! This release mostly contains "under the hood" changes, see the changelog.
    Also an important note: This is most likely the last build to be on SElinux permissive, so please back up your data because the next update will require a clean flash!