Development [ROM][12.1][UNOFFICIAL][VANILLA][GAPPS] VoltageOS 1.6 for Mi 11 (Updated 23-June-2022)

Search This thread

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
PAGS Excuse me, so what should we do? It's just that I'm quite a noob and I don't understand. I am sorry.
If you are a noob, it's best to install setedit
Open setedit and drop down to Secure Table, type off in the search box, then change the value from 1 to 0
Screenshot_20220626-151232_Settings Database Editor.png

Attachments

• io.github.muntashirakon.setedit_7.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 32

or965

Mar 2, 2013
@KamiKaonashi
Thank you so much for making this ROM. It has most of Cherish features and seem to be without issues. The double tap to wake works perfectly, video full screen does not have a weird status bar cutoff like on Cherish and constant 90hz refresh rate works on this ROM. Edit-Sometimes it still has issues with the status bar in video full screen.
I came from Cherish 3.8 as after an update it has issues with refresh rate. The developer change the behavior of adaptive refresh rate (Smooth Display). It used to be lowered from 120hz to 90hz and then to 60hz. After the update, it lower from 120hz to 60hz,without going first to 90hz. He changed it because when the refresh rate is change, the white balance of the display change too. Also, 90hz has different gamma that affect gray colors. The adaptive refresh rate cause very fast color shift, which is annoying, and the update improve it by a little. Unfortunately, it also disables the option to select a constant refresh rate. I used to use a content 90hz by editing refresh rate setting using set edit app(The app let you change system table setting) Please do not change this as for me and many other people, using a constant refresh rate is much better, it does not have any color shift and have the option to use 90hz,which have a much better overall picture quality as it does not crush/clip black levels like on 120hz and 60hz do. I think this is the commit that he changed https://github.com/jjpprrrr/kernel_xiaomi_venus/commit/c176594e126144fe0bd37f912340d12f2f321dd4.
I read that the last Evolution X update have the same issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: KamiKaonashi

KamiKaonashi

@KamiKaonashi
Thank you so much for making this ROM. It has most of Cherish features and seem to be without issues. The double tap to wake works perfectly, video full screen does not have a weird status bar cutoff like on Cherish and constant 90hz refresh rate works on this ROM. Edit-Sometimes it still has issues with the status bar in video full screen.
I came from Cherish 3.8 as after an update it has issues with refresh rate. The developer change the behavior of adaptive refresh rate (Smooth Display). It used to be lowered from 120hz to 90hz and then to 60hz. After the update, it lower from 120hz to 60hz,without going first to 90hz. He changed it because when the refresh rate is change, the white balance of the display change too. Also, 90hz has different gamma that affect gray colors. The adaptive refresh rate cause very fast color shift, which is annoying, and the update improve it by a little. Unfortunately, it also disables the option to select a constant refresh rate. I used to use a content 90hz by editing refresh rate setting using set edit app(The app let you change system table setting) Please do not change this as for me and many other people, using a constant refresh rate is much better, it does not have any color shift and have the option to use 90hz,which have a much better overall picture quality as it does not crush/clip black levels like on 120hz and 60hz do. I think this is the commit that he changed https://github.com/jjpprrrr/kernel_xiaomi_venus/commit/c176594e126144fe0bd37f912340d12f2f321dd4.
I read that the last Evolution X update have the same issues.
Will keep the 90hz in the rom if you guys like it :) also statusbar in landscape will be fixed in next update :)

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Will keep the 90hz in the rom if you guys like it :) also statusbar in landscape will be fixed in next update :)
Thank you so much. I was worried that all custom ROM will drop support for 90hz and constant refresh rate and I will need to stay on older version or come back to miui. I still amazed how stable custom ROM for the mi 11 are now. I really enjoy using my phone with this ROM.

or965

Mar 2, 2013
@KamiKaonashi
I just tested high touch polling rate setting, and it does nothing. It does not increase the poling rate (around 215 Hz)
I am on the 20220620 build.(latest)

tknguyencsu@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Hi KamiKaonashi. I just wanted to thank you for putting in the effort to have a great ROM for MI11. I am very happy with it. What saddens me is that now I don't have money to help you with your project. But I assure you that if one day I can contribute what I can since you and other devs make access to Android fun and very varied. Thank you very much for your effort and for sharing your great ROM. Forgive the typography but I still don't know how to make it better. Best regards.
What firmware I need before I can flash this rom. I tried both on the latest stable CN and global rom without success. Thanks for your reply.

CloeamJ

Jan 28, 2022
After reading your introduction, I am very anxious to use it, but I don't know how to flash the machine.I don't know the second step (Fastboot boot PE Recovery (or included boot.img)

epcwong

Jul 22, 2007
Hi, cannot find the rom download link ! Can anyone share the link please ! Thank you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VoltageOS 12.1 for Xiaomi Mi 11

ABOUT

Greetings, interested users! You have reached the gateway of a simplistic, no frills pure AOSP experience that will not let you down in getting through every day uninterrupted by inconveniences, with just the right dab of customizations. Be it requiring safetynet for banking or payment apps to receiving the latest security patches from Google as soon as they're released, we've got you covered. It doesn't end there. Sit back, relax and let the system theme your device according to your preferences with Monet support. Step in and begin your journey with Voltage OS.

Features
    Pure AOSP
    Latest Security Patches
    Google Monet
    SafetyNet

Github: https://github.com/VoltageOS

WHAT WORKS?
    Almost everything
    NO GAPPS!
    its a vanilla build, so gapps need to be flashed seperate

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    You tell me

DOWNLOADS

click here to download (Vanilla) not updated for now

Gapps Version: click here to download

Installation Guide
    Clean flash recommended
    Always make a backup, be safe.
    NikGapps Basic recommended for better experience.

- Clean flash recommended
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Fastboot boot PE Recovery (or included boot.img)
    3. Wipe Cache / Data / System
    4. ADB Sideload ROM
    5. ADB Sideload Gapps (optional)
    6. ADB Sideload Magisk (optional)
    7. Reboot to System

- Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Reboot to System

ROM Source: https://github.com/VoltageOS

Kernel Source: https://github.com/kamikaonashi/kernel_xiaomi_venus
    Ring & Alam & Notification sound not working
    New build in 40minutes, already fixed, sorry for the inconvenience, you can dirty flash it then
    New build in 40minutes, already fixed, sorry for the inconvenience, you can dirty flash it then

Thank for update. i wait new update soon.:love::love:
    Thank for update. i wait new update soon.:love::love:
    Build is up, same download folder as before :)
    Sorry for the delay