Development [ROM] [13] ・ Cherish OS v4.2 - Xiaomi Mi 11・OFFICIAL

Search This thread

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
XDA_CherishFull.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features.

Your warranty is now void, or not... I have no idea it depends... ・ I'm not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or alarm app fails. ・ If it's your first time or you're unexperienced with flashing ROMS, please do some search before flashing! ・ YOU are choosing to make these modifications, you're the only responsible guy for messing up if you do so.

XDA_Informations.png

Build Date : 28th of November 2022
ROM Developer : Hungphan2001
Maintainer : kota
Latest v4.2 Sources.
Selinux State : Enforcing
Running latest Security patch! (November)
Passes CTS by default.
Donations :
Here!
Used Kernel : Here!

XDA_Working.png

・ WIFI
・ RIL
・ Mobile Data
・ GPS
・ Camera
・ Flashlight
・ Camcorder
・ Bluetooth
・ FM Radio
・ Fingerprint Reader
・ Face Unlock
・ NFC
・ Lights
・ Sound / vibration

XDA_Issues.png

You tell me!

XDA_GUIDE.png

Initial flash :

・ Make sure that you are on MIUI 13.0.X or an A12 AOSP, MIUI 12.x or any A11 AOSP will just EDL Brick. ・ Reboot to Bootloader and follow the next steps! (They're different if you have TWRP) ・ Flash the Boot Image you downloaded by doing "fastboot flash boot_ab boot_cherish.img". (Recovery) ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode by doing this command "fastboot reboot recovery". ・ Once in Recovery, go into "Format Data/Factory Reset". (DOING THIS STEP WILL WIPE YOUR DATA) ・ Then go back into the main menu, and go into Apply Updates -> Apply from ADB. ・ Check if the device is connected by doing "adb devices", it should be in Sideload Mode. ・ Finally, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" and reboot.

Sideload Update : (dirty flashing)

・ Make sure that you're not making a downgrade! 🙈 ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode and select Install Update -> ADB Sideload. ・ Once done, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" . ・ Finally, Quit Sideload Page and reboot. Enjoy the new release!

You also want to root? Here are some steps.
Installing Magisk : (optional)

・Download the latest provided boot image to your Internal Storage on your device. ・Second, download and install Magisk. Once done, Click Install and patch the image you downloaded. ・Then send the new magisk image (that should be in /Downloads) to your ADB directory in your PC. ・Finally, reboot to Fastboot Mode and perform this command : "fastboot flash boot magisk_file.img"

XDA_Download.png

ROM : Click me!
Boot Image : Here!

Follow @CherishOS
Join
@CherishOS_Chat
Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Eidenz

Are we supposed to flash the linked boot image if we come from your last unofficial version?

I only sideloaded the new update and it's working great. Wonder if I need to "update" the boot image as well... (since the image name is different, cherish13 now vs cherish11 before)
And if so, do we need to factory reset?

muellerdeluxe

Oct 23, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi, I´m on the last unofficial release and flashed the new boot.img. Then I tried to sideload the new release but I always get the error
"adb: failed to read command: No error"
How to solve this ? It´s the same fastboot/adb that I used before successfully ......

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi, I´m on the last unofficial release and flashed the new boot.img. Then I tried to sideload the new release but I always get the error
How to solve this ? It´s the same fastboot/adb that I used before successfully ......
I have no idea why this gitch happens :/, the two versions should be compatible. Try updating ADB!

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
Are we supposed to flash the linked boot image if we come from your last unofficial version?

I only sideloaded the new update and it's working great. Wonder if I need to "update" the boot image as well... (since the image name is different, cherish13 now vs cherish11 before)
And if so, do we need to factory reset?
No need to factory reset, you can normally sideload to official from the last recovery. The jump from 11 to 13 i skipped releasing one build on XDA. If you encounter any issue, try updating your ADB Version or switching to the boot_cherish13 recovery provided!

Reactions: jejemc and Eidenz

Eidenz

I had the same issue when trying to sideload on Linux. Switched to my windows installation and it worked without error this time...

Reactions: furomin

jejemc

Jul 8, 2011
paris
Updated Official ROM: Cherish-OS-v3.8-20220627-1429-venus-OFFICIAL-GApps.zip

changelog:
  • Etude kernel: Op.12 Op.2 bringup :
The kernel source has been rebased and cleaned up!
Merged LA.UM.9.14.r1-19800-LAHAINA.QSSI13.0
Has been built with Prelude Clang based on the latest LLVM Clang 15 source.
Enabled ThinLTO, CFI, and Shadow Call Stack.
Fixed lots of warnings from Clang 15.
Introduced a page_alloc fix from upstream that may help alleviate memory pressure.
Imported Wireguard kernel driver 1.0.20211208.
Backported lz4’s fast decompress loop from upstream lz4 1.9.3, which offers more than 10% throughput incrUpdated vendor blobs from MIUI Stable V13.0.12.0 for Mi 11 Ultra/Pro and MIUI Stable V13.0.8.0 for Mi 11ease in zram decompression
Fixed a potential lz4 out-of-bound read.
Imported the latest exFAT kernel driver backport from mainline kernel. OTG USB drive with exFAT filesystem should work now.

• Vendor changes :
Removed included firmware, to minimize a maximum EDL bricking chances.
Updated display blobs from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19300.01-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
Updated the display HAL from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19200-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0

• Other fixes/improvements :
Device Tree Cleanup + fixing typos.
Optimized native executables for Cortex-A55
Synced some telephony packages and properties with QSSI

• GNSS improvements :
Updated GNSS HAL to LA.UM.9.14.r1-19800-LAHAINA.QSSI13.0
Synced some GPS configs with stock
Picked a few NTP servers that can respond closer to your location, so your time synchronization takes less time which leads to faster location fix.
  • LZ4 :
Switched zram compression algorithm from lzo-rle to lz4lz4 with my fast decompress loop backport offers higher throughput and lower latency than lzo-rle does
lz4’s compression ratio is slightly less than lzo-rle, but Mi 11’s 8GB/12GB RAM does not encounter memory pressure very frequently, so memory bandwidth and latency is more preferable than compression ratio (quotes from jjpprrrr)

Most changes made to this CherishOS build wouldn't have been possible without jjpprrrr's work!

• Love
Reactions: fir1996 and furomin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA_CherishFull.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features.

Your warranty is now void, or not... I have no idea it depends... ・ I'm not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or alarm app fails. ・ If it's your first time or you're unexperienced with flashing ROMS, please do some search before flashing! ・ YOU are choosing to make these modifications, you're the only responsible guy for messing up if you do so.

XDA_Informations.png

Build Date : 28th of November 2022
    ROM Developer : Hungphan2001
    Maintainer : kota
    Latest v4.2 Sources.
    Selinux State : Enforcing
    Running latest Security patch! (November)
    Passes CTS by default.
    Donations :
    Here!
    Used Kernel : Here!

XDA_Working.png

・ WIFI
    ・ RIL
    ・ Mobile Data
    ・ GPS
    ・ Camera
    ・ Flashlight
    ・ Camcorder
    ・ Bluetooth
    ・ FM Radio
    ・ Fingerprint Reader
    ・ Face Unlock
    ・ NFC
    ・ Lights
    ・ Sound / vibration

XDA_Issues.png

You tell me!

XDA_GUIDE.png

Initial flash :

・ Make sure that you are on MIUI 13.0.X or an A12 AOSP, MIUI 12.x or any A11 AOSP will just EDL Brick. ・ Reboot to Bootloader and follow the next steps! (They're different if you have TWRP) ・ Flash the Boot Image you downloaded by doing "fastboot flash boot_ab boot_cherish.img". (Recovery) ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode by doing this command "fastboot reboot recovery". ・ Once in Recovery, go into "Format Data/Factory Reset". (DOING THIS STEP WILL WIPE YOUR DATA) ・ Then go back into the main menu, and go into Apply Updates -> Apply from ADB. ・ Check if the device is connected by doing "adb devices", it should be in Sideload Mode. ・ Finally, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" and reboot.

Sideload Update : (dirty flashing)

・ Make sure that you're not making a downgrade! 🙈 ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode and select Install Update -> ADB Sideload. ・ Once done, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" . ・ Finally, Quit Sideload Page and reboot. Enjoy the new release!

You also want to root? Here are some steps.
    Installing Magisk : (optional)

・Download the latest provided boot image to your Internal Storage on your device. ・Second, download and install Magisk. Once done, Click Install and patch the image you downloaded. ・Then send the new magisk image (that should be in /Downloads) to your ADB directory in your PC. ・Finally, reboot to Fastboot Mode and perform this command : "fastboot flash boot magisk_file.img"

XDA_Download.png

Boot Image : Here!

Follow @CherishOS
    Join
    @CherishOS_Chat
    Have a nice day!
    New CherishOS Build is out!

Running early 3.9 Sources with latest July patches

With all the new expected changes and a bit more :)
    (Pre-Release, It just means that it's not listed on CherishOS groups and website + not fully on XDA yet!)

Can be found on CherishOS Sourceforge here!
    Changelog: https://telegra.ph/Xiaomi-Mi-11--Changelog-8th-of-July-2022-07-08

Enjoy!
    cherishlogo-png.5641963

New Update for CherishOS on Xiaomi Mi 11!

A new release is up!
    Informations :

Was built on the 12th of July 2022.
    Passes CTS By default, Selinux Enforcing.
    Want to donate?
    Here!

Changelog :

- Updated 3.9 Sources (improvements and fixes)

+ Changes from 8th of July.

- Switched Vendor Blobs to Global MIUI.
    - BT Audio is now fixed.
    - Fixed Landscape mode Status Bar (Google messed it twice ^^)
    - Clear Speaker feature bring up. (From MIUI 12)
    - AnxCamera bring up! (Removed Stock Camera)
    - Overall Stability Improvements.

What's broken ?

- You tell me!

Download :

Follow @CherishOS
    Join @CherishOS_Chat
    Have a nice day!
    it's me or genshin impact crash with this version of cherish ?

I got freeze after 5 minute genshin

Working on it with other fixes too.
    Most glitches happening on latest CherishOS are related to Vendor Blobs issues.
    The issue seems to be related to two changes :

- Latest Firmware not being provided with the ROM (to not risk EDL Bricking)
    - Vendor blobs being updated, but with an older firmware.

I'm still in vacation right now, but i'm also working on new plans for CherishOS and Mi 11 development in general.

For now, i already worked on a pre-release of what the next update should bring up :)
    Lets quacking go, congrats dude :)