Development [ROM][12.1][VENUS] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/06/26]

Search This thread

LIGHT_SEE

May 15, 2022
Yeah you can have Magisk patch boot.img and then flash the patched boot.img through Recovery if you like.
Thanks for your help.
I already root my furniture.
The method like this, maybe it's not the right method. but it works.
1. Finish installing this ROM.
2. Shut down the phone. then go to recovery.
3. input adb enable.
4. open cmd and input dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a of=/storage/boot.img.
5. adb pull /storage/boot.img boot.img.(This method will let the boot.img download to your computer)
6. reboot the phone, and copy this file to the phone.
7. open magisk app, and choose patch file.
8. copy the patched file to the computer,let phone go to fastboot mode.
9. input fastboot flash boot_a 'patched file name'
10.input fastboot flash boot_b 'patched file name'
11. fastboot reboot
Then we can get the root.

I think maybe there is another method that can be easy to use.

webdiddy

Aug 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Wow, this ROM is great, really smooth.
However, I am unable to get ANX camera working.
When launching the camera I will see the app GUI but the viewfinder is just black, I can change camera modes from the lower menu, the upper menu is however unresponsive.

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Wow, this ROM is great, really smooth.
However, I am unable to get ANX camera working.
When launching the camera I will see the app GUI but the viewfinder is just black, I can change camera modes from the lower menu, the upper menu is however unresponsive.
I never said ANX would work. I might include an MIUI camera port just for venus in the future, but no promise for now.

Reactions: webdiddy

webdiddy

Aug 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I want to give props to another major feature of this ROM.
Album covers finally works again on my Mercedes Mbux system. Ever since I left my Samsung phone and bought myself a Xiaomi my car have been unable to display album covers streaming trough blutooth, never worked on miui 12 or 13. I have tried 3 other roms before this one and the album cover feature was still broken. To my surprise and pleasure THIS ROM finally fixed this! Mad props. All that's missing now is a custom edge lighting feature for the AOD, I would love to see that. :)

Reactions: jjpprrrr

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
I want to give props to another major feature of this ROM.
Album covers finally works again on my Mercedes Mbux system. Ever since I left my Samsung phone and bought myself a Xiaomi my car have been unable to display album covers streaming trough blutooth, never worked on miui 12 or 13. I have tried 3 other roms before this one and the album cover feature was still broken. To my surprise and pleasure THIS ROM finally fixed this! Mad props. All that's missing now is a custom edge lighting feature for the AOD, I would love to see that. :)
This is "Pixel" experience. It's unlikely we will add edge lighting.

mcchecker

Oct 14, 2011
Hey M8!
Thanks for the ROM!
It's my new daily driver!
I've found another bug:
My digital wellbeing app isn't recording my activities.
Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-235351_Digital Wellbeing.png
    Screenshot_20220515-235351_Digital Wellbeing.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220515-235355_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220515-235355_Settings.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 42

mcchecker

Oct 14, 2011
Hey!
My phone won't enter deep sleep mode.
Any ideas what to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-212729_Battery Guru.png
    Screenshot_20220517-212729_Battery Guru.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 60
So....I followed the instructions to the letter.....all went well until the ADB side load command. The PC said it was sending, then failed. The phone said errored out, error 1. I tried three times....with fresh downloads. Meh....so I waited three weeks...and now I am back on MiUIMiX.

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
So....I followed the instructions to the letter.....all went well until the ADB side load command. The PC said it was sending, then failed. The phone said errored out, error 1. I tried three times....with fresh downloads. Meh....so I waited three weeks...and now I am back on MiUIMiX.
Your platform-tools is probably too old. Try downloading the latest version from Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹
    And Will i be able to install update over the air?
    Or Will i Need a PC to sideload again magisik?
    Simple mate, there a OTA option in Magisk

After flashed OTA update, don't reboot :
    - Magisk > Install > 3rd option : Install in inactive space (only after a OTA update) > Apply

boot .img is reflashed on the other partition boot and you reboot, you have applied ROM Update and keep root :)
    Friends a way to remove the upper right green icon?
    The privacy indicator is a required feature on android 12. Even OEMs are not allowed to remove it from their re-skinned android, hence the ugly position of the green pill in stock MIUI.

If it is showing up too often for location, that's a bug in AOSP after May's security patch. It will be resolved in June's release.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi 11 [venus]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Refer to the changelog for known issues.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Donate me
    Device support group

Android OS version: 12.1.0_r7
    Security patch level: June, 2022
    Build author/Device Maintainer: jjpprrrr
    Device and Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
    Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    ROM Developer: jhenrique09
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Please follow the wiki for detailed install instructions. I will not provide support if you fail to follow the required steps.

If you are on my previous PE 12 / 12 Plus builds, you can directly OTA or dirty flash in recovery. A concise version of clean flash guide for the experienced users:
    - Download the vendor_boot.img (https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/...venus/-/raw/twelve/android-12/vendor_boot.img)
    - Download PE recovery from the official PE website
    - Boot your phone into bootloader mode. You can either
    * hold power + volume down button
    * or `adb reboot bootloader`
    - Connect your phone to a computer
    - Run `fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Run `fastboot flash boot pe_recovery_file_name.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery, or `fastboot reboot recovery`
    - In PE recovery, select `Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset`
    - Go back to main menu and select "Apply update" --> "Apply from ADB"
    - Run `adb sideload pe_rom_file_name.zip` in your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹