Development [ROM][12.1][VENUS] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/06/26]

Search This thread
Error applying update: 7 (Errorcode: :kInstallDeviceOpenError)
.Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

After making sure the platform tools are updated, that the PATH variable was set.
I flash the vendorboot...and recovery fine. I get this error in recovey when I try to sideload.....

:(

mcchecker

Oct 14, 2011
Use Root to determine what is keeping your phone awake, app or partial wakelock. Battery Guru app can tell you if you have root
Hey! I gave battery guru the rights its needed. What does this tell me 😂😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-175003_Battery Guru.png
    Screenshot_20220520-175003_Battery Guru.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220520-174958_Battery Guru.png
    Screenshot_20220520-174958_Battery Guru.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 56

Quietsch

Jan 14, 2009
If anyone else is looking for a GCam that works well on Pixel Experience with ultrawide support and no freezing, Wichaya 8.1 is the way to go.

Tried more or less every recent 8.x release (Shamim, BSG, etc.) and Wichaya is the only one that works reliably.
this here is workin fine with 27 MP without config for me

onslaught86

Jul 26, 2009
ASUS ROG Phone II
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Please use BSG 8.1 which has proper support for the ultrawide and macro lenses.
BSG 8.1 restarts when switching lenses, I did not find it satisfactory for daily use. Wichaya8 has all lenses available without restarting. I post this only to help anyone else dissatisfied with BSG, to save the week of trial and error.

With no disrespect to the community or individual efforts to bring Google's computational photography to other handsets, I generally find GCam ports to be a poor and convoluted user experience; a time-sink for flagship handsets, more beneficial in the midrange.

Thankfully, every other aspect of the Mi 11 is tremendously improved with Pixel Experience. This has been the best aftermarket ROM I have used on any device in at least several years. Many thanks for your wonderful work, especially at a time when Xiaomi has not updated the Mi 11's global track in 4+ months.

Reactions: Sage

Abgesandter

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys. I just flashed this rom and its perfect. But i have no audio output on my speakers. Is there a workaorund? Ive reflashed the rom multiple times but the problem still exists :/

Abgesandter

Jul 26, 2015
Yes i flashed the odl version and since then i tried to get the audio working but no luck so far. Now just flashing the new build from today :) Hope this build will fix it :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹
    And Will i be able to install update over the air?
    Or Will i Need a PC to sideload again magisik?
    Simple mate, there a OTA option in Magisk

After flashed OTA update, don't reboot :
    - Magisk > Install > 3rd option : Install in inactive space (only after a OTA update) > Apply

boot .img is reflashed on the other partition boot and you reboot, you have applied ROM Update and keep root :)
    Friends a way to remove the upper right green icon?
    The privacy indicator is a required feature on android 12. Even OEMs are not allowed to remove it from their re-skinned android, hence the ugly position of the green pill in stock MIUI.

If it is showing up too often for location, that's a bug in AOSP after May's security patch. It will be resolved in June's release.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi 11 [venus]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Refer to the changelog for known issues.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Donate me
    Device support group

Android OS version: 12.1.0_r7
    Security patch level: June, 2022
    Build author/Device Maintainer: jjpprrrr
    Device and Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
    Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    ROM Developer: jhenrique09
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Please follow the wiki for detailed install instructions. I will not provide support if you fail to follow the required steps.

If you are on my previous PE 12 / 12 Plus builds, you can directly OTA or dirty flash in recovery. A concise version of clean flash guide for the experienced users:
    - Download the vendor_boot.img (https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/...venus/-/raw/twelve/android-12/vendor_boot.img)
    - Download PE recovery from the official PE website
    - Boot your phone into bootloader mode. You can either
    * hold power + volume down button
    * or `adb reboot bootloader`
    - Connect your phone to a computer
    - Run `fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Run `fastboot flash boot pe_recovery_file_name.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery, or `fastboot reboot recovery`
    - In PE recovery, select `Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset`
    - Go back to main menu and select "Apply update" --> "Apply from ADB"
    - Run `adb sideload pe_rom_file_name.zip` in your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹