Development [ROM][12.1][VENUS] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/06/26]

Search This thread

Pikaone41

Mar 11, 2021
Just try it for 1 hour. This rom is f...ing awsome ! Everything works great ! I have one question, is super charge 55w is supported ?

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
That is not correct. My build has MIUI China Stable 13.0.6.0 firmware included. Following my instructions should be enough. Personally I've also successfully flashed directly upon MIUI 12.5.

If there is really any edge cases on the bootloader side, that is beyond my control. It's not unheard of for Xiaome to **** up bootloader slot switch.

That is not correct. My build has MIUI China Stable 13.0.6.0 firmware included. Following my instructions should be enough. Personally I've also successfully flashed directly upon MIUI 12.5.

If there is really any edge cases on the bootloader side, that is beyond my control. It's not unheard of for Xiaome to **** up bootloader slot switch.
What do you think I should do to make it work? I really want to try it out, but nothing works.l for me. :(

Mar 1, 2021
Error applying update: 7 (Errorcode: :kInstallDeviceOpenError)
.Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

After making sure the platform tools are updated, that the PATH variable was set.
I flash the vendorboot...and recovery fine. I get this error in recovey when I try to sideload.....

:(
Mate,

Use .\adb sideload xxx.zip
Or ./adb .... Either 1 of the 2..

That did the trick for me. Use pe recovery or arrow recovery

Mate,

Use .\adb sideload xxx.zip
Or ./adb .... Either 1 of the 2..

That did the trick for me. Use pe recovery or arrow recovery
Thank you. I may try that soon. I was a bit disheartened when it failed 3 times in a row. I followed the instructions to the letter. It worked up to the sideload part. I was able to open PE recovery and factory reset....but it just wouldn't sideload.

Berard_Gutler

May 24, 2022
Hello, bought myself a week ago a MI 11 for about 370 euro, seemed cheap but the experience with global miui is horrible so far, previous phone is a Mi8 that has at least the same or even better autonomy after 3.5 years than this one (with xiaomi.eu) so i was thinking before sending the device back to the shop to ask you guys how is the experience with this ROM as battery time/ SOT, is it snappy or not, everything works fine? Thank you!

Pikaone41

Mar 11, 2021
Sincerely,
Hello, bought myself a week ago a MI 11 for about 370 euro, seemed cheap but the experience with global miui is horrible so far, previous phone is a Mi8 that has at least the same or even better autonomy after 3.5 years than this one (with xiaomi.eu) so i was thinking before sending the device back to the shop to ask you guys how is the experience with this ROM as battery time/ SOT, is it snappy or not, everything works fine? Thank you

Hello, bought myself a week ago a MI 11 for about 370 euro, seemed cheap but the experience with global miui is horrible so far, previous phone is a Mi8 that has at least the same or even better autonomy after 3.5 years than this one (with xiaomi.eu) so i was thinking before sending the device back to the shop to ask you guys how is the experience with this ROM as battery time/ SOT, is it snappy or not, everything works fine? Thank you!
Sincerely, I had this rom since 2 days and the battery life is so much better than miui 13.

crusaderrs

Mar 23, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 11
It’s a lot better for me than miui, faster and smoother. I use Evolution X, try it. You will not go wrong with whatever you choose between pixel experience and evolution x. (y)

Berard_Gutler

May 24, 2022
Thanks guys, how many hours of SOT you get ? Also battery time since 100% charged?

I get like 15-17 hours on WIFI with ~6 hours of SOT with FHD+ / 120 hz or 5 - 5.5 h SOT on 4G, phone is debloated but it didn't do much. in 23-24 hours charge time i get like 5 hours max. Does pixel experience get to lets say 7 hours of SOT in 24 hours charge at least ?

LE: Now i was checking i have 7 hours 20 minute since charge, 1,5 hours of SOT and already at 70% battery on 4G no BT or anything and just whatsapp, fb, browsing, youtube and usual stuff ( no games)

Last edited:

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
Xiaomi Mi 11
Do it you won't look back. Only negative is a bit worse camera though that's the same with any non miui

Reactions: Berard_Gutler

Top Liked Posts

New update is great, phone feels even more snappy, flickering is gone, light sensor seems a bit better now in terms of "jumps" up and down they are more fluid now but still the same issue, for me i don't know if its placebo or not but battery is also slightly better.

Only thing i'm not sure if Volte is working or not? For Wifi calling its working and i have the wifi icon + HD in the dialer but when i initiate a call through LTE it doesn't show anything and i think its not working. Should it display an icon somewhere for voLTE ? Thank you!
    I think when you call, if the icon 4g is still here, volte works. For me, when i had not volte, when i called somone, the 4g icon switch to h+ and now i have volte, the icon is only 4g when i call.
    I think you are refering to LTE not 4G, i don't see 4G ever on PE+. i have LTE & LTE+ all the time but i don't seem to get a better quality on the call, like i do on wifi calling for example, thats why i'm not sure if it works or not.
    if you want, try 5g/4g volte check on playstore
    Hi, just noticed a possible bug.
    I registered 3 fingerprints but it seems that only the first one is recognized by the sensor.
    I finally tried to add the 3rd one a second Time (so 4 fingerprints) but same issue.

Anyone else having the same behavior ?
    Regards.
    Registering multiple fingerprints works fine for me.
    New update is great, phone feels even more snappy, flickering is gone, light sensor seems a bit better now in terms of "jumps" up and down they are more fluid now but still the same issue, for me i don't know if its placebo or not but battery is also slightly better.

Only thing i'm not sure if Volte is working or not? For Wifi calling its working and i have the wifi icon + HD in the dialer but when i initiate a call through LTE it doesn't show anything and i think its not working. Should it display an icon somewhere for voLTE ? Thank you!
    PE does not display a "VoLTE" icon in the statusbar because Pixel doesn't do it either. That does not mean VoLTE won't work.
    Registering multiple fingerprints works fine for me.
    Damn ! And you manage to unlock phone with any registered fingerprint ? I tried everything and rebooted phone but even with changing them, duplicating them, etc. Only the first and the one configured at phone start wizard works. All other return as "unrecognized" :(

Edit : NVM, found it, I have advanced options related to a specific profile. Have to setup each of them. Works fine now.
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹
    And Will i be able to install update over the air?
    Or Will i Need a PC to sideload again magisik?
    Simple mate, there a OTA option in Magisk

After flashed OTA update, don't reboot :
    - Magisk > Install > 3rd option : Install in inactive space (only after a OTA update) > Apply

boot .img is reflashed on the other partition boot and you reboot, you have applied ROM Update and keep root :)
    Friends a way to remove the upper right green icon?
    The privacy indicator is a required feature on android 12. Even OEMs are not allowed to remove it from their re-skinned android, hence the ugly position of the green pill in stock MIUI.

If it is showing up too often for location, that's a bug in AOSP after May's security patch. It will be resolved in June's release.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi 11 [venus]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Refer to the changelog for known issues.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Donate me
    Device support group

Android OS version: 12.1.0_r7
    Security patch level: June, 2022
    Build author/Device Maintainer: jjpprrrr
    Device and Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
    Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    ROM Developer: jhenrique09
    2022/06/26
    Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
    After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)
    I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.
    • If I find some regressions and need to take time to fix them, all you get is more disappointment.
    • Say everything is ready, and I deliberately hold on the update to mess with you guys. Why would I do it? What do I gain from it? Of course I release as soon as it's ready, so no need to ask about it. I don't freaking know when it will be ready. I only know after I finish testing everything.
    On the other hand, official PE's release window is not always open. We work on the ROM source at our own pace. Sometimes the CI is locked so we can start merging new patches or bringing in fixes. For example, right now due to some build server issue, all releases are halted. We cannot release anything even if the device is ready.

Therefore, please relax and enjoy the current build. This would be the last time I answer questions regarding ETA.
    Please follow the wiki for detailed install instructions. I will not provide support if you fail to follow the required steps.

If you are on my previous PE 12 / 12 Plus builds, you can directly OTA or dirty flash in recovery. A concise version of clean flash guide for the experienced users:
    - Download the vendor_boot.img (https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/...venus/-/raw/twelve/android-12/vendor_boot.img)
    - Download PE recovery from the official PE website
    - Boot your phone into bootloader mode. You can either
    * hold power + volume down button
    * or `adb reboot bootloader`
    - Connect your phone to a computer
    - Run `fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Run `fastboot flash boot pe_recovery_file_name.img` in your cmd/powershell/terminal
    - Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery, or `fastboot reboot recovery`
    - In PE recovery, select `Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset`
    - Go back to main menu and select "Apply update" --> "Apply from ADB"
    - Run `adb sideload pe_rom_file_name.zip` in your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes
    Hi jjpprrrr, we all know the rules about eta, but can you give some news about your next update ? 🥹