The issue of adaptive brightness has been explained extensively in the known issue section of the current release's changelog.Few more things/bugs i noticed:
1. Live display / Automatic: when activated on a partial dark room (at least in a partial dark room) it will be very undecided how to keep the brightness on the phone, so it keeps going up and down creating an annoying "pulsating" effect on the screen. Solved this by deactivating
2. FOD: when activated, sometimes will randomly appear behind an app that is scrolling so when you scrolling and if you hit the finger display zone it will try to activate, if you lock the device and unlock, it will go back to normal.
3. Colors / Adaptive: When activated on adaptive in a partial dark room it will create a pulsating effect on certain color, (ex. status bar - the grey will color will be more or less vivid every 1-2 seconds), i've solved by setting this to natural.
In general i see the adaptive brightness has some issue, the way it increases in steps, in the same ambient it will change very often (even in a matter of seconds) up and down being a little annoying, feels like it needs some little polish here.
4. Pixel launcher eats alot of battery i see it seconds in the list of consumption per 24 hours 912 mah. Not sure what is the culprit here.
5. Extra DIM, while it looks nice also has some issues with this screen has some color shifting i see, also deactivated it now
As for the GCAM mentioned above MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2a_snap, i've installed and its good, but the 2x still doesn't work, it shows blured.
1. Not likely to be added to PE.
Thank you very very much!!!!!!!!Paolo, turn off adaptive connectivity and maybe run through adb the command to optimize android. Do you have AOD turned on ? that sucked my phone 13% in 8-9 hours yesterday also, i disabled it and using double tap wake & close + what i mentioned above and now i have screen off 3% in 10 hours that is 0.3% /h from 1.3% and 98,2% deep sleep. (all this with 4G+wifi left on 24/7)
adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job - run this through adb.
If what i mentioned doesn't fix it install BatteryGuru and give it all the permissions through adb to have a clear view what kills your battery. Also, i disabled in developer options that option "keep mobile data always activate" and actiovated "suspended execution for cached apps"
What i find wierd is how the automatic light sensor is working now, in partial dark rooms its very undecided and too bright or too low very often, hope this gets some improvement in the next update, otherwise this ROM is very very good.
The problem seems solved!!!
Try my tips for adb sideload : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/adb-sideload-doesnt-work-try-this.4449541/
I understand that you didn't mean to offend, but I genuinely have no idea how to answer questions like this. I feel like asking for an ETA is quite pointless: you would only get an estimate; whether the release will come as I promised or not is still undetermined.Dear jjpprrr, thank you for the best Mi11 experience !
After reading that there are many fixes already available und the security fixes for june are also released I want to ask kindly when you plan to release the next version of your wonderful ROM. (no pressure, it´s already my all time favorite for the Mi11!)