[ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I just installed this rom and it's awesome it's working smooth but I have a bug that it doesn't detect my carrier I don't know why.. And when I go to settings the airplane mode says :turning off and never actually turns off please help

You likely need to enter your carrier's specific APN info into settings. Do you have phone service?

As far as the airplane mode bug, did you do a clean install (factory reset, wipe Dalvik, and wipe cache)?

reficuliu

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
4G LTE Icon

Hi,

I'm new to this ROM and thread, and apologize if this question has already been covered.
I have flashed this ROM on my AT&T HOX and everything is working great.

One thing I have noticed is that regardless of the Mobile Data Network toggle, the "4G LTE" icon doesn't seem to disappear.
I searched around a bit and there was mention of CleanMOD, however it seems as if it is no longer supported (or at least not applicable to 7.0R2.

Is this behavior because of hardware issues or is there a way to disable the icon upon disabling Mobile Data?
Thanks in advance.

jacobas92

Dec 21, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

I'm new to this ROM and thread, and apologize if this question has already been covered.
I have flashed this ROM on my AT&T HOX and everything is working great.

One thing I have noticed is that regardless of the Mobile Data Network toggle, the "4G LTE" icon doesn't seem to disappear.
I searched around a bit and there was mention of CleanMOD, however it seems as if it is no longer supported (or at least not applicable to 7.0R2.

Is this behavior because of hardware issues or is there a way to disable the icon upon disabling Mobile Data?
Thanks in advance.

IIRC, that's just with the AT&T icon set. I don't have any idea as to why they do that, but it really means absolutely nothing at all. Just for looks I suppose.

Reactions: reficuliu

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

As jacobas stated, I think this is normal for the AT&T icon set.

It just means a LTE signal is present, not that you are connected to it.

reficuliu

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
As jacobas stated, I think this is normal for the AT&T icon set.

It just means a LTE signal is present, not that you are connected to it.

IIRC, that's just with the AT&T icon set. I don't have any idea as to why they do that, but it really means absolutely nothing at all. Just for looks I suppose.

Thanks all.
I was just used to the data icons turning off when disabled on non AT&T variants.
It is a bit of an eyesore, but I guess I can find a way to live with it.

Najmus

Mar 4, 2013
Bangalore
infoverse.org.in
You can switch from 4g to 3g or 2g whatever you want to.
Goto dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*# .You will see a new screen appeared, now goto phone information then down the page you get an option to change the network mode..It May help you.

Hit thanks if i have helped you

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
This is a gem! I was considering upgrading my phone soon since an upgrade with my carrier is on the horizon, but this latest version has brought new life to my HTC One X. Scott... great job. This thing runs very smoothly.

I did, however, have a rough time trying to get the hboot updated in order to work out a rebooting issue. Anyone running a Windows 8.1 computer and trying to fastboot the latest and greatest... be prepared for a fun time! Spent nearly 4 hours and finally got it to work, but the instructions found on this forum don't work 100% the way they are written. They may work that way for some, but not all. Really wish I had a spare Linux box to use ADB with.

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
@sarichter Did you end up getting fast boot to work on windows 8.1? I read that its jot compatible so I had to switch to a win7 machine to use fast boot...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thebobmannh

May 22, 2012
Derry, NH
www.scrampf.com
Here's an odd question.

I switched from another ROM where I had the XPosed framework installed, with a few tweaks.

I wanted to go back to something simple, so I switched to CleanROM, my old standby. I did a full wipe (system, etc... everything but SD) before installing CleanROM, and installed it and have been running it a few days... but today (maybe a week after the install) I got a root access request from one of the XPosed tweaks from the last ROM. How did that even... I honestly have no idea how that happened. Why wasn't it wiped by the system wipe? Even if it was on the "SD card", why did it get executed??

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here's an odd question.

I switched from another ROM where I had the XPosed framework installed, with a few tweaks.

I wanted to go back to something simple, so I switched to CleanROM, my old standby. I did a full wipe (system, etc... everything but SD) before installing CleanROM, and installed it and have been running it a few days... but today (maybe a week after the install) I got a root access request from one of the XPosed tweaks from the last ROM. How did that even... I honestly have no idea how that happened. Why wasn't it wiped by the system wipe? Even if it was on the "SD card", why did it get executed??

Is it possible that you accidentally restored a backup or something like that?

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

thebobmannh

May 22, 2012
Derry, NH
www.scrampf.com
Is it possible that you accidentally restored a backup or something like that?

I only backed up / restored a handful of apps via TiBu, none of them system-type apps, so it'd surprise me if it "got in" that way, but I guess it's another option.

Not a big deal, really, I just hate the idea that things are running in the background that shouldn't be and that I really can't remove.

billbillw

Oct 19, 2012
I've been running the P1 version of CleanRom 7 since it was released (September?). It worked so well, I never bothered to come back and check for a final release. That was, until recently. I've been having a bout of severe battery drain issues. Initially, I was getting 24-36 hours on a charge with normal (light) usage. Lately, I've seen the battery drain completely (without any warning tones) in 3-4 hours. Not sure if I'm having a hardware problem or things have just gotten corrupted somewhere. Either way, I'm going to install R2 now. I will report back in a week or so to see if this has fixed my random battery drain issues. Thanks again Scott for all your work.

tenorman

Sep 15, 2006
Unwanted notification vibrations in "Vibrate" sound profile

I just switched from CleanROM 6.5 to 70R2 and noticed a change in how vibrations are handled. I have calendar and gmail notifications set to sound only in their respective apps; this works as expected in the "Normal" sound profile. When the sound profile is change to "Vibrate," my phone begins vibrating every few minutes with each new email and calendar reminder, or any other notification. Searching the thread, I see that many people have noticed "phantom" vibrations, perhaps this explains their trouble.

I only want my phone to vibrate for calls, text messages, and voice mails since they are typically much higher priority. So far my solution has been to stay in the "Normal" sound profile and keep the ringer volume as low as possible, but this can still be disruptive during meetings. This is the only issue I found in an otherwise fantastic ROM.

Does anyone know how to fix it so that notification vibration preferences are respected in the "Vibrate" sound profile? It worked perfectly in CleanROM 6.5, was this a change in Sense 5?

billbillw

Oct 19, 2012
I've been running the P1 version of CleanRom 7 since it was released (September?). It worked so well, I never bothered to come back and check for a final release. That was, until recently. I've been having a bout of severe battery drain issues. Initially, I was getting 24-36 hours on a charge with normal (light) usage. Lately, I've seen the battery drain completely (without any warning tones) in 3-4 hours. Not sure if I'm having a hardware problem or things have just gotten corrupted somewhere. Either way, I'm going to install R2 now. I will report back in a week or so to see if this has fixed my random battery drain issues. Thanks again Scott for all your work.

Well, after almost a day, I can say that re-flashing the ROM (P1>R2) has made an obvious and huge improvement in my battery life. Over the last few months, even when I didn't get one of these phantom battery drain issues, I was still struggling to get 24 hours on a charge.

After flashing yesterday and restoring apps/settings with T-B Pro, I have gone over 20 hours and still have 57% battery! That's awesome! I really think it is less of the change from P1 to R2, but more that the OS got bogged down after 6 months of heavy use. I guess that is similar to MS Windows. A clean install always flies! I guess I'll plan to re-flash a couple times a year from now on to keep things fresh, at least as long as there are phones that can be rooted/flashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-7-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM look and feel, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA which is Android 4.2.2 infused with AT&T settings!
    • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is the longest running ROM series for the HTC One X!

features.png

• Android 4.2.2
    • Sense 5
    • Very Light Build
    • AOSP Recent's
    • Option For Minor Tiles
    • All Apps up to date
    • Busybox!
    • ADB as root!
    • System partition writable!

changes.png

Version 7.0R2- 12/13/2013
    • Re-compressed and update all files
    • Removed Auto and Stocks

installation.png

• Must have TWRP Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery not supported!
    • Highly recommend latest Jellybean firmware and S-Off!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

• All Users, Testers and Donaters! Thanks for your support!
    • All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Turge for the base ROM to work with! Please check out that thread and hit that Thanks button too! I cant make this ROM with out his base! Firmware is also there so you have to go to that thread ;)

Donations are gladly accepted! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    [/CENTER]
    Minor Tiles Attached!
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Guys, I dont normally ask this in a thread....

But lets try to get me to 8K thanks today. Would mean a lot me!

And we only need about 18 more 5 star thread votes if you think the work produced is worth it!

Thanks!