[ROM][12/13][S8/S8+/N8][OTA Updates] PixelExperience / Plus edition [AOSP]

Search This thread

AbdoXms

Jan 29, 2015
I'm facing a problem with this rom on my S8+, after a reboot the phone starts normally but as soon as the lockscreen is shown the screen dims slowly till its completely off and doesn't tun on again.

I faced this same problem on this rom before and tried multiple things, reflashing the rom zip did nothing, and the only way I was able to fix it was to wipe the data partition.

The first time I hadn't usb debuggin on so my options was limited. now I do have usb debuggin on, I tried resetting the display settings with no success "adb shell wm reset", also I restarted the phone in safe mode, same thing. I see the safe mode text on the lockscreen before it dims to black.

Any ideas to what causing this? any way I can figure out the cause? is there some boot log somewhere that I can access? I really do like the rom and don't want to change it and I'm hoping I wont have to wipe my data partition again.

I'm using the pixel experience plus edition with magisk, in both of the times this happens it was after a reboot.

duchan

Dec 9, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm facing a problem with this rom on my S8+, after a reboot the phone starts normally but as soon as the lockscreen is shown the screen dims slowly till its completely off and doesn't tun on again.

I faced this same problem on this rom before and tried multiple things, reflashing the rom zip did nothing, and the only way I was able to fix it was to wipe the data partition.

The first time I hadn't usb debuggin on so my options was limited. now I do have usb debuggin on, I tried resetting the display settings with no success "adb shell wm reset", also I restarted the phone in safe mode, same thing. I see the safe mode text on the lockscreen before it dims to black.

Any ideas to what causing this? any way I can figure out the cause? is there some boot log somewhere that I can access? I really do like the rom and don't want to change it and I'm hoping I wont have to wipe my data partition again.

I'm using the pixel experience plus edition with magisk, in both of the times this happens it was after a reboot.
Hi, I had same problem. For me it was "bedtime mode" after I enabled "Grayscale" option. Then when it was on and I restarted phone it took maybe 2 seconds after boot to completely dim and stays off. I turned off grayscale option and since then it's ok.

AbdoXms

Jan 29, 2015
Hi, I had same problem. For me it was "bedtime mode" after I enabled "Grayscale" option. Then when it was on and I restarted phone it took maybe 2 seconds after boot to completely dim and stays off. I turned off grayscale option and since then it's ok.
Yeah you're right, Thanks for the tip 👍. This morning I checked my phone and it worked just fine, so with no doubt it's the bedtime mode.

The previous time this happened I wasn't patient enough to leave it till the morning as it occured in the middle of the week and I had to have acces to my phone in the morning.

Reactions: duchan
Jun 7, 2014
Heey luke .. thank you for the great effort.. i have a problem with the sd card its not able to read and write it says can't use this folder to protect you privacy choose another one .. using 13

Reactions: gnikolson

spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
Heey luke .. thank you for the great effort.. i have a problem with the sd card its not able to read and write it says can't use this folder to protect you privacy choose another one .. using 13
Hi, I have seen that when the user wants to perform an action on the SD card, the app asks to select a folder to gain access, and the user selects the root of the SD card.
Could you provide more details? Which app are you using? What action are you trying to achieve? And which folder of your SD card have you selected? Does the system says that error for all your folders of your SD card?
Cheers

Jun 7, 2014
Hi, I have seen that when the user wants to perform an action on the SD card, the app asks to select a folder to gain access, and the user selects the root of the SD card.
Could you provide more details? Which app are you using? What action are you trying to achieve? And which folder of your SD card have you selected? Does the system says that error for all your folders of your SD card?
Cheers
This is happening with all apps can read or write on sd card it says allow to use sd first by selecting the root folder of the sd .. and when the explorer opens the root folder , the option to use this folder is grayed out and can't select it and when i press it shows a message says I can't use this folder to protect my privacy please select another folder .. thats it .. I can't even attach a screenshots to you right now because of this ☹️

Jun 7, 2014
This is happening with all apps can read or write on sd card it says allow to use sd first by selecting the root folder of the sd .. and when the explorer opens the root folder , the option to use this folder is grayed out and can't select it and when i press it shows a message says I can't use this folder to protect my privacy please select another folder .. thats it .. I can't even attach a screenshots to you right now because of this ☹️
I was using los 20 before and this problem wasn't there 🤨

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
Install the Fox Magisk Module Manager, then install the NoStorageRedirect.zip via FoxMMM.

Attachments

• NoStorageRestrict.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
Jun 7, 2014
Install the Fox Magisk Module Manager, then install the NoStorageRedirect.zip via FoxMMM.

Thanks mate .. now (use this folder) button is blue and clickable bs its doing nothing just a loop with this screen to continue please select the sd card folder and allow permission ☹️

expressluke

Thanks mate .. now (use this folder) button is blue and clickable bs its doing nothing just a loop with this screen to continue please select the sd card folder and allow permission ☹️
Fix for sd card will arrive in the next build. Now you can tell why PE is still in beta 😉

davenasc

Sep 8, 2013
guys, what's the best way to root s8 with pixel experience? magisk tutorial tell to reset everything with tar file but if I do it will revert to stock rom, the alternative is to install via custom recovery?

Loay209

Mar 7, 2014
Alexandria
i have a problem with android 12 and 13 the phone gets very hot when i plug the charger and use it, after a few seconds it stops charging the phone says it's charging but i lose battery percentage, is this a hardware issue or from the software. what im guessing is the ohone stops charging due to it being hot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts