[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
No, it doesn't actually.
It most certainly is broken for some folks. I have posted about it few times and some other folks have also run into issues after OTA which got cleared after dirty flash from adb sideload.

"Works for me" is an OK response, but it does not mean its not broken for some.

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
It most certainly is broken for some folks. I have posted about it few times and some other folks have also run into issues after OTA which got cleared after dirty flash from adb sideload.

"Works for me" is an OK response, but it does not mean its not broken for some.

Flashing through OTA installs the same exact payload flashing through adb does. Please elaborate, because I find your assessment hard to believe. That includes logs and detailed reports, not some bland statement. I have thoroughly tested USB on my Linux an windows machines as well as OTG on my devices themselves both after ota and sideloading with no issue related to such.

Reactions: enjoy_life

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
Is the SLIDER working in all 3 steps? For me its working only 2 steps. The top position is not getting detected. Can switch between RING and VIBRATION but SILENT doesn't detect.

Whats worse is if i suddenly switched from bottom position to too position then nothing changes, ie, it stays in Ring mode only.

Tried all other options like flashlight, brightness but top position is not working with this ROM.

Can someone confirm

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
Is the SLIDER working in all 3 steps? For me its working only 2 steps. The top position is not getting detected. Can switch between RING and VIBRATION but SILENT doesn't detect.

Whats worse is if i suddenly switched from bottom position to too position then nothing changes, ie, it stays in Ring mode only.

Tried all other options like flashlight, brightness but top position is not working with this ROM.

Can someone confirm

I've heard of this before and it's either due to hardware fault or corrupted persist partition.

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
I've heard of this before and it's either due to hardware fault or corrupted persist partition.
I can confirm its not the hardware issue. I just 2 days back came to this ROM from OOS 12 it was working just fine and i hse it regularly. After upgrading to this ROM i had this issue. Atleast the bottom and middle positions work so thats OK. But if i accidentally switch from Bottom position to TOP then it doesn't even go to vibrate mode so in meetings i had to be careful.

Some other issues i had so far (very minor though)

1. Speaker phone was bot working in WhatsApp call. I could only hear from earpiece though speaker option on screen was shown activated

2. The slider issue mentioned above

3. Gmail app notifications aren't working while in background, currently this is most irritating. Unless i open app it doesn't notify. Checked all battery optimizations. Had this issue in OOS c.12 but after OOS c.17 and c.20 updates it worked well.

cloudreamer

Jan 1, 2022
I try the latest version today and turn on the 'always on display' and 'pocket detection'. If i lcok my phone and put it into my pocket, then can't wake the screen sometimes

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Flashing through OTA installs the same exact payload flashing through adb does. Please elaborate, because I find your assessment hard to believe. That includes logs and detailed reports, not some bland statement. I have thoroughly tested USB on my Linux an windows machines as well as OTG on my devices themselves both after ota and sideloading with no issue related to such.
I had posted logcat output when I reported my first failure and have the potential to have gone as deep in analysis as you wanted. But you pretty much ignored it.

You can check my posts if you are really curious but I am past this already.

janitor9

Jan 12, 2014
OnePlus 8 Pro
I was hurry today when updated new OTA and made that mistake that i was rebooted without Magisk. Now root is gone.... Is it adb sideload or using payload dumber. Or is there alternatives?

Solved.

Last edited:

vip77

Jan 6, 2009
Where do we have the changelog for new release?
Here.
Seems like status bar icons fit problem with latest versions. Moreover, everything is fine in the curtain. If I disable vibrate icon for example, everything is fitting well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-141806_System UI.png
    Screenshot_20220529-141806_System UI.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220529-141824_System UI.png
    Screenshot_20220529-141824_System UI.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 36

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
I flashed the last OTA and then flashed magisk in the inactive slot. As the last time i tried, i get a wierd behavior of my OP8P: i can't get access to data partition and i have no connecrion (no data and no wifi). The last time i solved sideloading the update with ADB, but now it doesn't work. I also tried to change the active slot or uninstall magisk but nothing change.
Any suggest to recover my phone without a facorty reset?

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
Well my OTA update is downloading from more than 6hrs. Shows 2 more hours to go. Really frustrating with this server. Tried VPN but its same.

psychemisha

Feb 10, 2015
Petach tikva
Xiaomi 12
I have like this anoying bug it happens to me on evo from early 12 days! like sometimes screen goes black and it feels like everything else i working so i must reboot the phone to solve the issue

petes

Jul 25, 2006
I'll fix this on the releases later this week, seems to be a rather easy fix. However, I've already started my update cycle for 8 series today so it won't be available in tonight's builds.

Hi @AnierinB . Looking at the change log, I assume you didn't get a chance to look at this one yet. But, just in case you did, the latest build still has the same issue with macro lens on 8T. Always grateful for the great work, but just to flag it to you since you mentioned you hoped to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts