[ROM][12.1_r5][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.3.1 [05/15/2022]

Search This thread

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
I wouldn't advise this, as a friendly "is there anything currently being developed" will soon turn into, "when will it be ready?"
Why will it soon turn into that? Why would it unless we as a community let it? That was his point is that if we all keep it civil it's just fine. There absolutely isn't any issue in asking for information in a genuine way. The toxic and unappreciative wenETA people have set a false president on XDA that ANY form of asking for ANY type of info in ANY way is absolutely prohibited because "developers have lives"

That's obviously a simple minded way to look at it. There's a right way to handle things, and a wrong way to handle things. Just because the wrong way exists, doesn't mean the right way should also be prohibited because "it will always inevitability end up being the wrong way" - no I have faith in people.

Unfortunately when a thread has thousands upon thousand of views and hundreds of people daily driving the ROM, it only takes the loud minority of a few people to P a developer off.

Honestly I was just giving my 2 cents on the issue. The quick settings in A12 is atrociously ugly. And MaterialU is only a step behind that. Noy my fav. Im staying on A11 until OOS12 comes out, I could care less when the new EvoX releases. You'll catch me on multiple occasions asking why people deal with buggy or unpolished A12 ROMs just to see their Android version go up by a single digit. I don't get it, I'm on your side with that.

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Why will it soon turn into that? Why would it unless we as a community let it? That was his point is that if we all keep it civil it's just fine. There absolutely isn't any issue in asking for information in a genuine way. The toxic and unappreciative wenETA people have set a false president on XDA that ANY form of asking for ANY type of info in ANY way is absolutely prohibited because "developers have lives"

That's obviously a simple minded way to look at it. There's a right way to handle things, and a wrong way to handle things. Just because the wrong way exists, doesn't mean the right way should also be prohibited because "it will always inevitability end up being the wrong way" I have faith in people.

Unfortunately when a thread has thousands upon thousand of views and hundreds of people daily driving the ROM, it only takes the loud minority of a few people to P a developer off.
:( Not going to a answer beyond this.

The reason it'll evolve into something else is because that's how the world works, one person sees a simple question written with courtesy and emulates it, another views their question and emulates that, each time a little change happens. Before long it's gone from courtesy to demanding..

Don't ask for ETA's, its rude and taboo, there's no middle ground as it all means the same thing. As nice as people are per person, you can't expect everybody to be thoughtful of others, which is why
rules are created.

As asking for ETA's isn't an actual rule, it would fall under courtesy in my opinion.

I'll continue to not ask for ETA's because I have manners, you do as you wish.

If you need to have the last say on the matter then go ahead, I surprised that this is even being discussed, I'd prefer to not take any more of the thread up so am open to a private discussion if needs be.

Reactions: gsser

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
:( Not going to a answer beyond this.

The reason it'll evolve into something else is because that's how the world works, one person sees a simple question written with courtesy and emulates it, another views their question and emulates that, each time a little change happens. Before long it's gone from courtesy to demanding..

Don't ask for ETA's, its rude and taboo, there's no middle ground as it all means the same thing. As nice as people are per person, you can't expect everybody to be thoughtful of others, which is why
rules are created.

As asking for ETA's isn't an actual rule, it would fall under courtesy in my opinion.

I'll continue to not ask for ETA's because I have manners, you do as you wish.

If you need to have the last say on the matter then go ahead, I surprised that this is even being discussed, I'd prefer to not take any more of the thread up so am open to a private discussion if needs be.
I respectfully disagree with most of what you said

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnierinB

tejkumarvusirikala

Mar 6, 2012
Hyderabad
Ohh God!! Please don't piss off the dev. Let him do his work. I already asked an indirect eta once and I'm thankful that he replied to that. I'm sure that he is working on it and would not want to release a buggy rom, so he is taking time. Let him take his time, I'm sure that the rom, when it comes out would be damn stable.

My respect and thanks to the dev for putting his free time to contribute to the community.

istariwhite

Jan 7, 2022
actually, finger print reader went away when I activated smart lock - and came back when I disabled it. looks like smart lock disables finger print reader - is this known defect?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Just realised @AnierinB you are doing the OnePlus 9 forum too?

Damn mate, that's dedication that bud.

I had a peek over the fence at the pixel 6 pro, apparently plagued with issues, forums are in disarray, physical screen problems, screen colour issues, plus the battery won't be as good as what we have here.

Plus I've been pushing my 8 pro with overclocks and it's comparable if not better than my wife's Sammy flip which I believe has an 888 in it.

So for me, there's no need to jump yet, I think the 8 pro was one of the last great android devices.. sort of ticks every box.

Coupled with this ROM, it's the whole package.

Glad I moved back 😂

istariwhite

Jan 7, 2022
I noticed this too i think maybe it is meant to be like that because when u have location to keep unlocked or trusted device then FP not really required.
Yes, no need for FP to unlock the phone since its already unlocked - but there are many applications that uses fingerprint authentication, and when using smart lock fp doesn't work on any of those applications, it makes logging into those applications a lot more cumbersome. Probably not a deal breaker, but I certainly hope this is in the known defect list so it can be fixed at some point.

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
Not here although smart lock is on and I don't need to use for unlocking phone in certain apps im using it still asks for Fp to unlock the app.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
It's there a way on this ROM to disable permissions for Google?

I'm getting a little worried, keep getting stories based on things in watching on my TV that are not linked to any account of mine.

For example I've never had any lord of the rings stories come up on my Google feed and have never had to Google LOTR in my life, let alone recently.

I watched the desolation of smaug yesterday and today (check screen shot) coincidence? Maybe... But I've had a lot more than just this occurrence, we were talking about sheep the other week, Shaun the sheep namely and how weird sheep are, was quite funny.

Next day, stories about sheep dogs and different kinds of sheep started popping up.

Anyway, would love to disable the mic for Google if I could, can't remember not being able to do this on OOS.

It's there a way?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-151905_Permission_controller.png
    Screenshot_20220118-151905_Permission_controller.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20220118-152208_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220118-152208_Pixel_Launcher.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 59

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
It's there a way on this ROM to disable permissions for Google?

I'm getting a little worried, keep getting stories based on things in watching on my TV that are not linked to any account of mine.

For example I've never had any lord of the rings stories come up on my Google feed and have never had to Google LOTR in my life, let alone recently.

I watched the desolation of smaug yesterday and today (check screen shot) coincidence? Maybe... But I've had a lot more than just this occurrence, we were talking about sheep the other week, Shaun the sheep namely and how weird sheep are, was quite funny.

Next day, stories about sheep dogs and different kinds of sheep started popping up.

Anyway, would love to disable the mic for Google if I could, can't remember not being able to do this on OOS.

It's there a way?

Cheers

You can disable the mic via the app named App Ops (available on Google Play).

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
does this ROM come with a custom kernel if not what is the best one for the rom thank you
This is all the info I have on the kernel that comes installed (see screenshot)

I tried elemental X and it bootlooped, so don't bother with that one.

I've just stuck with what it comes with, as it's fast and battery's good..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-084128_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220119-084128_Settings.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts