Check this thread. I believe they still work, I used them previously when I was running 126.96.36.199 for a bit.
Wipe data, cache, & dalvik cache 3 times. Than flash Fresh 3.5I am still on 188.8.131.52 . I am either going to wait for a stable bug free gingerbread or for the evo 3d to come out before I mess with any other roms.
I have sucessfully updated my phone to 184.108.40.206 but i'm having a hard time updating my moms phone to 220.127.116.11. When I try to flash it manually this is what it says:
Finding update package..
Opening update package..
E: Can't open /sdcard.fresh-evo-18.104.22.168.zip
I have tried to re-download the file and i am running the latest version of clockwork recovery.
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Changes from Fresh Evo 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199:
- Based on the new Sprint OTA (3.70.651.1)
- New kernel by HTC (#15)
- Modified slightly to allow app2sd, remount, and enable usb debugging
- Good battery life is back!
- Added notification pull down widgets (huge props to jschisurf)
- Removed USB debugging icon (thanks to jschisurf)
- Removed GPS icon when it's disabled (thanks to jschisurf)
- Option to reboot added to power menu (thanks to snq- and aamikam)
- Updated DarkTremor Apps2sd to 188.8.131.52
- Updated Gmail to 2.3.2 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
- Updated Google Search to 184.108.40.206376 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
- Updated Google Maps to 5.0.0
- Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
- Updated Market to 2.2.7
- Due to many users experiencing issues in the 3.5.0 beta with this you will see the old market after you first flash, however it will be quickly updated in the background to the new one.
- Updated ES File Explorer to 220.127.116.11
- The OTA brought a lot of behind the scenes changes, but also some new apps. I removed most as they are things you could already get off the market. Here's what I did with everything. Keep in mind that some of these apps can be re-installed by clicking in a file browser, while some must be copied to /system/app/ manually:
- SWYPE -- left this for now
- WM DRM 10 -- left this for now
- Blockbuster -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- Adobe Reader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- Kindle eReader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- NOVA Demo -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- Sprint Zone Update -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- New Sprint Nav -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- New Sprint TV -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
- New radio (baseband), wimax radio, and PRI and NV can all be found on Fresh Updater after flashing 3.5 or downloaded below.
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed market bug
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed location bug
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed busybox / root apps FC'ing bug
- 188.8.131.52: I wanted to give a shout out to skullmonkey, mrgq1111, Rolland985 and gordon ramsay (he yells a lot) for sitting in tinychat with me and trying every market fix I threw at them. And an extra special thanks to mrgq1111 for letting me remote in to his computer so I could work on the issue on his phone (because I couldn't duplicate the problem on mine). I wouldn't have been able to fix it without that.
Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on Fresh Evo 3.2 or higher. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing. Updating to the new radio and PRI is highly recommended. I recommend doing it after you flash the rom. The download is below.
Donors: If you were already on 184.108.40.206 then yes you still need to update or you will not be able to get future updates from fresh updater properly.
If you are experiencing issues:
- If your gmail FC's on your first boot and you aren't getting push gmail then simply open Settings < Manage Applications < All < Gmail < Clear Data . After that everything should work for you.
- If your market is FC'ing then you will need to perform a few adb commands after flashing the rom.
- adb remount
- adb shell
- rm -r /data/data/com.android.vending
- rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
- rm /data/system/packages.xml
- reboot recovery
- then you should be in recovery. and do (assuming RA) Other < Fix APK UID mismatches
- If you have tried all of that and are still having issues then you need to go in to recovery and do a full data wipe and flash and all will be fine.
Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.