[ROM][12-7]TPC v3 2.3.5 | Da_G OC Kernel | IMG Flash | ATT | Rogers |

Search This thread

dma770

Nov 21, 2011
NYC
Thanks will give it a try

Romracer has a thread a few down called stockish kernel I believe it has worked with all roms I have used here so far as.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

After flashing the stockish kernal I lost ability to teither

Sent from my SGH-I727 using XDA App

Last edited:

Edmlaser

Aug 9, 2011
I want to start of by saying this Rom is running Awsome! Best rom I have ever used on any phone.
But, I found a small bug this morning. Everytime I try to use samsung media hub it force closes. Has anyone else seen this happen?

haroonie

Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
Would you be able to post a stockish kernal. I am having fast battery Drain. Other than that this rom is the most stable thus far. And did I mention that the wifi tethering is working now

i'm experiencing faster battery drain also. anybody know what are the cpu master settings would mimic a stock rom? i'm at 384/1566 w/ondemand scaling, i'll return to the stock kernel but i'd rather use da_g's kernel.

droidgreg

Jun 11, 2011
Would you be able to post a stockish kernal. I am having fast battery Drain. Other than that this rom is the most stable thus far. And did I mention that the wifi tethering is working now

here ya go http://server1.underpants-gnomes.biz/~romracer/sgs2sr/kernel-att-bln-0.1.zip

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Thanks will give it a try

After flashing the stockish kernal I lost ability to teither

I'm using the stock kernel from AT&T and I can fully tether via USB or wifi. I haven't tried the stock-ish kernel. I will flash it and report back

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

update: flashed the stockish kernel and was able to tether via USB and wifi. I noticed the boot animation for the stockish doesn't include 'LTE'.

ezshooter

Nov 8, 2011
Haroonie, I had the same questions and didn't find any answers in a quick search so... I am using 192-1782 on-demand and bfq enabled on the advanced tab - based on what I've read in searches - I am getting MUCH better battery life and no SOD yet... going on app 20 hrs with infreq use I'm at 72%

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

InstigatorX

Oct 11, 2011
Haroonie, I had the same questions and didn't find any answers in a quick search so... I am using 192-1782 on-demand and bfq enabled on the advanced tab - based on what I've read in searches - I am getting MUCH better battery life and no SOD yet... going on app 20 hrs with infreq use I'm at 72%

Advanced tab?

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008
I loved the rom as a whole, definitely my favorite of the current ones.. but coming from stock to TPC v3 there is a significant increase in battery drain while the phone is inactive for some reason.. with the same apps and settings it was about the same during heavy usage, but drained 3-4 times the amount of stock when it was idle with the screen off. Using system monitor it didn't show any increase in cpu usage (under 1%) or any specific app eating battery but it was draining faster. Verified its in deep sleep, and I don't get any SoD's or FC/rogue processes. Was on da_g's .43 pre2 kernel for both stock and tpc.

Last edited:

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I loved the rom as a whole, definitely my favorite of the current ones.. but coming from stock to TPC v3 there is a significant increase in battery drain while the phone is inactive for some reason.. with the same apps and settings it was about the same during heavy usage, but drained 3-4 times the amount of stock when it was idle with the screen off. Using system monitor it didn't show any increase in cpu usage (under 1%) or any specific app eating battery but it was draining faster. Verified its in deep sleep, and I don't get any SoD's or FC/rogue processes. Was on da_g's .43 pre2 kernel for both stock and tpc.

It must be something you have installed, the last two nights i have went over 6 hours sleep and still at 100%. I wish i knew how to tell you to fix it, but it just doesn't hardly drain at all while its sleeping for me.

ps. what radio do you have?

Last edited:

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008
Stock radio unless your rom flashes a new one. Just have a nand of stock (+.43 da_g) and one of tpc (+.43) and been comparing battery. I know the apps add to the battery drain, but i had the same ones installed for each rom version, and the only difference was the battery loss while idle. With no additional process listed as using the cpu, just the extra battery loss...

I'll try testing with no apps on either to see.

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Stock radio unless your rom flashes a new one. Just have a nand of stock (+.43 da_g) and one of tpc (+.43) and been comparing battery. I know the apps add to the battery drain, but i had the same ones installed for each rom version, and the only difference was the battery loss while idle. With no additional process listed as using the cpu, just the extra battery loss...

I'll try testing with no apps on either to see.

Try re-flashing the stock radio, or one of the other radios in the radio thread. My rom comes with the Rogers RIL to match Rogers radio, if you flash one of the radio zips from my thread you will have matching radio/RIL and should get better battery life :) That is the only thing that could make a difference between my rom and att stock...give it a try and let me know how it comes out.

Reactions: sulpher

ezshooter

Nov 8, 2011
Advanced tab?

In CPU Master Pro v2.2 there's an advanced tab.... and if I have done this right the pics attached to better clarify

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323662585243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323662585243.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: InstigatorX

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008
Try re-flashing the stock radio, or one of the other radios in the radio thread. My rom comes with the Rogers RIL to match Rogers radio, if you flash one of the radio zips from my thread you will have matching radio/RIL and should get better battery life :) That is the only thing that could make a difference between my rom and att stock...give it a try and let me know how it comes out.

Thanks I'll give it a try!

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Running Stock-ish kernel and the battery life has been great but I still get random SOD from time to time. Got only one today but had couple yesterday and on top of that I still cannot figure out why the phone restarts when I'm talking on the phone.

For some weird reason it happens randomly and only on incoming calls. I can talk for 20+ minutes on a placed call and it won't restart but on incoming calls, sometimes it happens within seconds and other time after couple of minutes and sometime it does not happen at all :confused:

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Running Stock-ish kernel and the battery life has been great but I still get random SOD from time to time. Got only one today but had couple yesterday and on top of that I still cannot figure out why the phone restarts when I'm talking on the phone.

For some weird reason it happens randomly and only on incoming calls. I can talk for 20+ minutes on a placed call and it won't restart but on incoming calls, sometimes it happens within seconds and other time after couple of minutes and sometime it does not happen at all :confused:

something is definitely not right, I would recommend flashing the stock att radio first....link is in my signature. If that doesn't work, try re-flashing and wiping dalvik cache.

davidusr

Jan 13, 2007
Fort Worth

norcalsfinest

Sep 7, 2010
Noticed this ROM seems to not function with my accelerometer for screen rotation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the official Rogers Stock ROM, and has been optimized for both AT&T and Rogers users. It will wipe your data so be sure and do a nandroid backup before you flash. This ROM uses a new method to flash, it flashes a complete system.img.ext4 to the system partition...similar to an ODIN flash but without tripping the flash counter. The IMG file is modified from the original stock with all permissions preserved which should provide you with a ROM as stable as Stock Odin Flash and with all speed/features of a custom ROM. Special thanks to Da_G for all his help with the ROM, and providing us with a great custom kernel :) You should have a stable, fast, reliable ROM suitable for everyday use with this release.

changelog for v3

--added bootanimation...if you dont like mine you can get the ics one here. or stock sgs2 here

--added blue circle battery

--used completely new flashing method, for the ultimate in speed, stability, battery life.

--changed "favourites" to "favorites" in contacts menu(att version)

--added Rogers version for all you Canadians :)

--added Da_G's kernel, you can OC with an app like systemtuner, setcpu, etc.

--patched libhardware_legacy.so from Da_G to allow 192 min frequency.

--updated busybox and bash again(thanks Da_G)

changelog for v2

1. add EN USA language

2. added extended power menu

3. move all market apps to /data/app/

4. replace more Rogers files with ATT for better compatibility with AT&T network

5. added CRT off animation

6. added some tweaks for speed

7. change 4g icons to AT&T

8. added visual voice mail from AT&T

9. add AOSP gb keyboard

10. replace host file with adfree version

11. added rom manager, titanium backup, flashlight, systune(free version) updated other market apps

12. removed rogers bloatware

13. added sysrw/sysro to /system/xbin/

14. insecure stock kernel with init.d and busybox run-parts

15. updated busybox and bash---latest versions compiled by Da_G

16. added % stock battery

17. deodexed and zipaligned--includes script to automatically zipalign any new apps you install

SC20111121-210259.png
    SC20111127-194712.png

I am in no way responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device...flash at your own risk!

Download TPC v3 for AT&T -- HERE

Download TPC v3 for Rogers -- HERE

Download TPC v2 HERE

Download TPC Rogers Stock ROM for AT&T v1Here
    Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update on where I am at right now with the rom. Last weekend I purchased a new pc and I have spent most all of my free time since getting it set up to work with linux/android. My plans for v4 include a theme, 14 toggle mod, and a few other surprises :) I really want to be able to finish it soon, but with the holidays coming up my time will be extremely limited. I appreciate all the kind words and support from everybody and just wanted you all to know where I am at....please be patient I am doing the best i can.
    Thanks twopumpchump.

Could you assist me with the script?

Ridilen

Here is the script i use, its in flashable zip format. Be warned...if for some reason this makes you have a bootloop you will have to use ADB to delete the script /system/etc/init.d/99oc to fix it. This is what works for me, it is OC to 1.72mh and min level is 192 with ondemand governor. Just because this works for me, does not mean it will work for you...flash at your own risk. DO NOT USE ANY CPU TUNER APPS WITH THIS SCRIPT.
    lol another ex Tilt/Kaiser user here. Good to see a familiar chef here on the Skyrocket forum. Got a lot of reading to do before I flash a new rom or root or whatever I gotta do...lol
    Can't wait to try out your rom TPC!

Hey rkub! Good to see you here! Is this your first android device? If so just root your device with zerg rush install rom manager/cwm then flash my rom! Since you are on att you should also flash a radio...try them all if you want :)

v2 up, link in OP.