[ROM][12] AOSP android-s-beta-1 on Taimen

Search This thread

adiantek_ovh

Oct 12, 2015

Android S beta 1 on Taimen​

This is a clear build from the official source code with some fixes. GIS doesn't work on Taimen, so I compiled it from source code.

What works?​

• Bluetooth,
  • WiFi,
  • sound,
  • camera,
  • flashlight,
  • fingerprint,
  • GPS,
  • WebGL in browser
  • Auto-rotate

What doesn't work?​

• IMS (you can't type phone number),
  • SIM status is "Not available",
  • cgroups - there may be problems with user isolation (not-tested),
  • bpf_create_map in LibBpfLoader always fails (I don't know what the side effects may be, it can't load test.o, offload.o, time_in_state.o, clatd.o, gpu_mem.o, netd.o)

Download​

Click here to download

How I did it?​

Read the README.md - you have a step-by-step guide. I hope this will be used to create other ROM with gapps and some other improvements. I don't know how to fix SIM status, so if u know please tell me.

Github: https://github.com/adiantek/Google-Pixel-2-XL-Android-S

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-005741.png
    Screenshot_20210521-005741.png
    740.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • Screenshot_20210521-005806.png
    Screenshot_20210521-005806.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,163
  • Screenshot_20210521-005816.png
    Screenshot_20210521-005816.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Screenshot_20210521-005748.png
    Screenshot_20210521-005748.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Screenshot_20210521-005757.png
    Screenshot_20210521-005757.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:

我是十七

Dec 17, 2020
Can you post the specific points of the tutorial, but I don’t understand it. Do you want to operate on a virtual machine?

adiantek_ovh

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks! I ran Android S in AVD, but still, I don't have all the news. I think there are currently a lot of changes in API, but not visually (except rectangles in settings). They didn't change PlatLogoActivity (easter egg when you click Android version). I don't know why volume control is not changed and scroll animation, it's in SystemUI, but they aren't any commits in their repository.
Can you post the specific points of the tutorial, but I don’t understand it. Do you want to operate on a virtual machine?
I compiled it on Ubuntu 20 and flashed physical device. Which points are not understood? You need to add device/google/taimen and dependencies, vendors, fix hal_oemlock_default, bpfloader and cgroups2. If u have trouble with any specific step u can DM me.

elmismobg

Oct 23, 2010
Big thanks to the OP dev for the effort! 🙌👍
Can't believe our phone is already dead and there are no more devs on the fight for stable Android 12 on Pixel 2 XL.
The hope dies last!!! 🤞

Can't believe our phone is already dead and there are no more devs on the fight for stable Android 12 on Pixel 2 XL.
The hope dies last!!! 🤞
Patience is a virtue my friend. I'm sure most of the Dev's are waiting for Google to release the source code (later this year) so they start cooking and baking their masterpieces.

PS: Taimen is far from being dead.

Reactions: elmismobg

vatva69

Sep 5, 2016
Hanoi
now source switch to android 13
Code:
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=Tiramisu
PLATFORM_VERSION=Tiramisu
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_taimen
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.19.0-17-cloud-amd64-x86_64-Debian-GNU/Linux-10-(buster)
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=AOSP.MASTER
OUT_DIR=out
PRODUCT_SOONG_NAMESPACES=device/google/taimen device/google/wahoo vendor/google/camera hardware/google/camera hardware/google/pixel hardware/qcom/msm8998 vendor/qcom/taimen/proprietary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android S beta 1 on Taimen​

This is a clear build from the official source code with some fixes. GIS doesn't work on Taimen, so I compiled it from source code.

What works?​

• Bluetooth,
    • WiFi,
    • sound,
    • camera,
    • flashlight,
    • fingerprint,
    • GPS,
    • WebGL in browser
    • Auto-rotate

What doesn't work?​

• IMS (you can't type phone number),
    • SIM status is "Not available",
    • cgroups - there may be problems with user isolation (not-tested),
    • bpf_create_map in LibBpfLoader always fails (I don't know what the side effects may be, it can't load test.o, offload.o, time_in_state.o, clatd.o, gpu_mem.o, netd.o)

Download​

Click here to download

How I did it?​

Read the README.md - you have a step-by-step guide. I hope this will be used to create other ROM with gapps and some other improvements. I don't know how to fix SIM status, so if u know please tell me.

Github: https://github.com/adiantek/Google-Pixel-2-XL-Android-S

HI! nice job building this. i installed it and it boots but nothing here looks like android 12 (S) i see the version number but nothing else looks like it should.
    Thanks! I ran Android S in AVD, but still, I don't have all the news. I think there are currently a lot of changes in API, but not visually (except rectangles in settings). They didn't change PlatLogoActivity (easter egg when you click Android version). I don't know why volume control is not changed and scroll animation, it's in SystemUI, but they aren't any commits in their repository.
    I compiled it on Ubuntu 20 and flashed physical device. Which points are not understood? You need to add device/google/taimen and dependencies, vendors, fix hal_oemlock_default, bpfloader and cgroups2. If u have trouble with any specific step u can DM me.
    looking forward for a fully working stable rom of Android 12 cause its really huge update and sad that pixel 2 xl is not anymore supported :(
    The hope dies last!!! 🤞