[ROM][12][BECKHAM] PixelExperience 12 OFFICIAL [AOSP]

Search This thread

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
OTA update fail to apply but works in recovery.

After update my SDCard (mounted as internal) is missing: file explorer doesn't show it and file storage (from settings) crash if I try to open it (configuration menu shows like the card is attached by available space).
I did a dirty flash, it is the cause of the problem?

aldodrem

Aug 27, 2021
OTA update fail to apply but works in recovery.

After update my SDCard (mounted as internal) is missing: file explorer doesn't show it and file storage (from settings) crash if I try to open it (configuration menu shows like the card is attached by available space).
I did a dirty flash, it is the cause of the problem?
Probably was. I had dirty flash issues with this update as well (through recovery adb), I had to do a clean and it's working flawlessly now.

aldodrem

Aug 27, 2021
What kind of problems did you had?

Besides the SDCard thing everything is working fine for me; it's sounds more like the encryption keys was replaced by new ones or even removed during the dirt flash.
I recant that statement. I've had hookup app just stop working and hang when it's trying to use location services. & I've had the camera app a few times take photos that were just grey screen with no image or a partial image and grey screen on the rest of the image.

Wondering is it's a SD card error thing, as I'm using one as well, but I did clean install, and it reformatted the SD for internal phone storage?

I noticed that I was on slot B for some reason in recovery. I wiped data again rebooted into recovery and clean installed rebooted and was in slot A but then when I rebooted to format again before final boot it put me back over to slot b?

I'm on slot b now and can't get back to slot a, am I supposed to be on slot b? I don't understand this a/b thing

Last edited:

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
I recant that statement. I've had hookup app just stop working and hang when it's trying to use location services. & I've had the camera app a few times take photos that were just grey screen with no image or a partial image and grey screen on the rest of the image.

Wondering is it's a SD card error thing, as I'm using one as well, but I did clean install, and it reformatted the SD for internal phone storage?

I noticed that I was on slot B for some reason in recovery. I wiped data again rebooted into recovery and clean installed rebooted and was in slot A but then when I rebooted to format again before final boot it put me back over to slot b?

I'm on slot b now and can't get back to slot a, am I supposed to be on slot b? I don't understand this a/b thing
The a/b thing shouldn't matter since were using retrofit (I know it shows slot a/b but is just bug).

I did try factory reset but the SD problem still persists! I did remove the SD card from phone and did a factory reset but somehow the user data is still linked to it and camera app doesn't even open.
In recovery I can see: E: public:179_64 failed to mount /dev/block/volmgr/public:179_64: No such device

So I did a full format:
- factory reset from recovery
- installed retrofit from second post (downloaded again to be sure)
- reboot to recovery
- now the error message E: public:179_64... is gone
- installed the last plus version (12.1-20220523-1042)
- reboot to system

Then formatted the SD card as internal, rebooted; but everything in there is getting corrupt :(
- Take some picture
- Go to file explorer and open the picture, it is okay
- Reboot phone
- Go to file explorer again and now the picture is corrupt

So I did try that:
- rebooted phone
- moved data back to internal phone storage
- formatted SD as external storage
- ejected it and formatted again in PC
- reboot phone
- put SD card back in and formatted as internal again
- tested it and no luck at all, files are getting corrupt after a while/reboot

Then I removed the SD Card and tested it against H2testw in PC:
- write+verify OK
- ejected the device
- waited a couple of minutes
- put it back and tested verify again, everything is OK

Had no issue in previous version (12.1-20220418-1058) I will try it soon.

Reactions: aldodrem

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
Had no issue in previous version (12.1-20220418-1058) I will try it soon.

Previous version 12.1-20220418-1058 working good:
- installed retrofit from second post (again)
- reboot to recovery
- installed 12.1-20220418-1058
- reboot to recovery
- factory reset from recovery (oh boy I did it every time I could)
- formatted SD card as internal

All working good, downloaded Spotify library without any issues (~10GB of music), working after several reboots either.

For now I'm stick to this version :)

Turbognx

May 23, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
It looks like the latest updates of both 12 and 12+ are corrupt. I downloaded multiple times of each file on different computers, and they all fail to install. I had to get my phone up and running again so I downloaded 11+ and first try it installed. Now I wait to see if it all works.

Turbognx

May 23, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
I installed 12+ and I just noticed that under settings/apps it says all the Pixel apps are installed but when I look through my apps they are not there.
Also, all notification sounds will play once and after that they don't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is ready. Will be released soon
    I recently installed the latest PE 12 on my Moto Z3 Play (XT1929-4)...Besides the headache of an install, I eventually got the rom installed and noticed a couple things having issues if anyone has any idea:
    • Settings app crashing when trying to select "SIMs" or "WiFi"
      • This one is a big issue since I rely on WiFi with this phone entirely and I can't switch the WiFi networks right now
    • Moto Mods Projector seems to crash often when using the software button
      • Seems to work fine when using the hardware button
    For the install I followed these steps:
    • Ensured I was on stock rom Android 9 (phone came with 8)
    • Flashed PE 12 recovery
    • Format then sideload `copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip`
    • Format then sideload retrofit `aosp_beckham-ota-retrofit-eng.aicp-dev_2.zip`
    • Restart to System
      • It booted PE 12...now I am thinking it may have been already installed from previous attempts...but the procedure says to sideload the PE build after retrofit is installed and "Format your data and reboot to recovery.", but this step would "brick" my device and I would either have to install the stock rom again or somehow get the fastboot working again
    Again, coming from stock rom... boot twrp, install copypartitions, format data. DO NOT EVER WIPE BLUETOOTH PARTITION, ELSE WIFI, DATA AND OTHERS ARE GONE, install some android 11 and go recovery, format data, install retrofit zip, boot retrofit once, go recovery, format data, reboot recovery sideload pe updated, done
    Again, coming from stock rom... boot twrp, install copypartitions, format data. DO NOT EVER WIPE BLUETOOTH PARTITION, ELSE WIFI, DATA AND OTHERS ARE GONE, install some android 11 and go recovery, format data, install retrofit zip, boot retrofit once, go recovery, format data, reboot recovery sideload pe updated, done
    Thanks for the extra detail....the step that confused me is that retrofit appears to be a full blown PE OS...so I actually thought the OS got fully installed and I needed to stop there. But once I booted into retrofit, I reboot to recovery and then sideloaded the actual PE zip/build and everything is working much better.
    yesterday I installed the room following all the steps mentioned above, but some applications don't give me the option to use the SD card, in Chrome for example it says it doesn't have enough space, why?
    SD as internal is broken in previous version 20220523-1042 and my guess it's still broken in this version too.

All SD data (if formatted as internal) get broken after update; if you do a clean install the SD Internal works but all data is lost after some time or reboot.

I did this post about it.

PixelExperience 12 for Moto Z3 Play [beckham]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Flash instructions:

Download THIS RECOVERY;
    Make a backup (you already are in the right forum for search how to do it :p )
    Format data; (yes format)
    Install PixelExperience zip;
    Install TWRP INSTALLER to make additional flashes;
    Reboot;
    proofit

Disclaimer:

THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE, ALL THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITIES ARE HERE, BUT IT'S UP TO YOU INSTALL.

Builds moved to BETA at
    https://download.pixelexperience.org/beckham

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

1- You need Pixel Experience recovery installed (MANDATORY -TWRP WON'T WORK)
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

DO NOT USE TWRP FOR RETROFITED ROMS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR PARTITIONS
    Update is out

March security patch Rebased over Android 12L source code
    Updated translations
    Added call recording support
    Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    That issue has been fixed on the source side and rolled out in this update
    MotoCamera as default camera app

Download Here

THIS IS A RETROFFITED BUILD. IF YOU ARE FLASHING BY FIRST TIME, YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTIONS
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website
    2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device Download here: https://mega.nz/file/DAU1hABZ#0CjaYVAYntkIjKN2R_6qtCSKCKvIoPh1lDtXyrl0_gM
    3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.
    4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system? yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip
    2- Why the hell use the retrofited system? Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    3- How do I go back to the old schema: Easy as you converted: - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11) - Reboot recovery - Format data - Flash a/b zip -Done

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

Update is out
    Per app data control fixed
    Per data app measurement fixed
    Solved minnor selinux denials

Follow the instructions on post #2

Download at post #1