[ROM][12][BECKHAM] PixelExperience 12 OFFICIAL [AOSP]

Search This thread

nmajin

Feb 1, 2020
hmm, seems I need to check updater app. Will check later this month cause I can't do too soon. But I'm aware and will be checkin
Yea the last two updates failed for me and this time around with the adb sideload it messed up my quick action buttons on top when I swipe down, they are not displaying properly...will have to do a clean install.

alfeu.rafael

Jul 20, 2022
Sorocaba-SP
Hello

Well... I'm pretty new to this and I tried installing Pixel Experience on my Moto Z3 Play. Initially it was showing an error when trying to sideload the ROM ZIP file. I followed all the steps on the PE install guide page, then I saw here that it is necessary to install the retrofit.zip first. I installed it and after restarting, it is in this image and I cannot enter recovery.

The question I have is, is it possible to recover it or have I lost it forever? :(

Sorry my bad inglesh :/

IMG_20220720_065257_671.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
Hello

Well... I'm pretty new to this and I tried installing Pixel Experience on my Moto Z3 Play. Initially it was showing an error when trying to sideload the ROM ZIP file. I followed all the steps on the PE install guide page, then I saw here that it is necessary to install the retrofit.zip first. I installed it and after restarting, it is in this image and I cannot enter recovery.

The question I have is, is it possible to recover it or have I lost it forever? :(

View attachment 5664145
Use LMSA from Lenovo and flash stock rom

Reactions: alfeu.rafael

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
Wow.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :)
Do you know where I could have gone wrong? I'm scared to try again.
I'm not sure about the flash. On the phone it appeared as slot b when sideloading. That's right?
Again thanks a lot for the help.
For a safe upgrade, you can first:
- Go to stock rom;
- Make the proceeds after stock (copy-partitions);
- Flash PixelExperience android 11;
- From Pixel 11 recovery, flash the retrofit zip linked on the how to post of this thread;
-Update;
done

Reactions: alfeu.rafael

alfeu.rafael

Jul 20, 2022
Sorocaba-SP
Ahhh...
So that's where I went wrong. I tried to install the Pixel 12 straight away without installing the 11 first.
I am going to try. Thanks. :)
- Go to stock rom;
- From Pixel 11 recovery, flash the retrofit zip linked on the how to post of this thread;
-Update;
done

modifiedbears

Apr 5, 2008
I'm noticing some screen burn in that I haven't experienced before. Is there something to reduce this other than turning down the brightness?

manck

Dec 27, 2013
Tell me why two applications

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-105718_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220730-105718_Settings.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 17

EvilMonkey88

Dec 10, 2018
Hey guys , could I ask you to check if VoLTE and WiFiCalling is working on this ROM please?
I'm on official lineage version and sadly both don't work. Many thanks

Turbognx

May 23, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
Hey guys , could I ask you to check if VoLTE and WiFiCalling is working on this ROM please?

Mine is working, but barely. Very weak signals that I originally thought was a SIM card issue. I put in a new card yesterday and it didn't change. At my house where I had almost full bars I now have no bars and dropped calls.

EvilMonkey88

Dec 10, 2018
Mine is working, but barely. Very weak signals that I originally thought was a SIM card issue. I put in a new card yesterday and it didn't change. At my house where I had almost full bars I now have no bars and dropped calls.
Thanks, that's weird though ..so are you saying WiFi calling made things worse? Have you tried to disable it ?

EvilMonkey88

Dec 10, 2018
WiFi didn't make it worse, it just seems this ROM has made changes that mess with the signals.
I used to have really good reception on both LTE and WiFi, now both suck. Both signals are still strong it's just my phone no longer receives it.
Ohh I see what you mean. Sorry I was actually referring to VoWiFi aka Voice over WiFi aka WiFi Calling which (when supported by your network provider / carrier) allows you to make calls over WiFi when your gsm signal is weak or non existent.

Another function I was asking about was VoLTE aka Voice over LTE which (when supported by carrier) allows to use 4g network for phone calls in order to improve phone call quality and signal coverage

In your case if this ROM decreased your GSM and WiFi strength maybe you should try official lineage ROM to see if it's software or hardware issue. I'm using it and there is no decrease in signal strength. (However VoLTE and VoWiFi both don't work)

Turbognx

May 23, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
Ohh I see what you mean. Sorry I was actually referring to VoWiFi aka Voice over WiFi aka WiFi Calling which (when supported by your network provider / carrier) allows you to make calls over WiFi when your gsm signal is weak or non existent.

Another function I was asking about was VoLTE aka Voice over LTE which (when supported by carrier) allows to use 4g network for phone calls in order to improve phone call quality and signal coverage

In your case if this ROM decreased your GSM and WiFi strength maybe you should try official lineage ROM to see if it's software or hardware issue. I'm using it and there is no decrease in signal strength. (However VoLTE and VoWiFi both don't work)
My bad. I misunderstood your question.

Do you have VoLTE turned on under your SIM options?

EvilMonkey88

Dec 10, 2018
My bad. I misunderstood your question.

Do you have VoLTE turned on under your SIM options?
Yeah its all turned on but phone goes back to 3G for any voice calls .. Also when on WiFi with no gsm signal .. I'm not available and not able to make phone calls so both VoLTE and VoWiFi don't work for me on los19.1

I assume its same on PixelnExperience ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Happens to me too, just install via adb sideload
    hmm, seems I need to check updater app. Will check later this month cause I can't do too soon. But I'm aware and will be checkin
    Hello

View attachment 5664145
    Use LMSA from Lenovo and flash stock rom
    Wow.
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :)
    Do you know where I could have gone wrong? I'm scared to try again.
    I'm not sure about the flash. On the phone it appeared as slot b when sideloading. That's right?
    Again thanks a lot for the help.
    - Go to stock rom;
    -Update;
    done

PixelExperience 12 for Moto Z3 Play [beckham]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Flash instructions:

Download THIS RECOVERY;
    Make a backup (you already are in the right forum for search how to do it :p )
    Format data; (yes format)
    Install PixelExperience zip;
    Install TWRP INSTALLER to make additional flashes;
    Reboot;
    proofit

Disclaimer:

THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE, ALL THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITIES ARE HERE, BUT IT'S UP TO YOU INSTALL.

Builds moved to BETA at
    https://download.pixelexperience.org/beckham

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

1- You need Pixel Experience recovery installed (MANDATORY -TWRP WON'T WORK)
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

DO NOT USE TWRP FOR RETROFITED ROMS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR PARTITIONS
    Update is out

March security patch Rebased over Android 12L source code
    Updated translations
    Added call recording support
    Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    That issue has been fixed on the source side and rolled out in this update
    MotoCamera as default camera app

Download Here

THIS IS A RETROFFITED BUILD. IF YOU ARE FLASHING BY FIRST TIME, YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTIONS
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website
    2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device Download here: https://mega.nz/file/DAU1hABZ#0CjaYVAYntkIjKN2R_6qtCSKCKvIoPh1lDtXyrl0_gM
    3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.
    4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system? yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip
    2- Why the hell use the retrofited system? Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    3- How do I go back to the old schema: Easy as you converted: - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11) - Reboot recovery - Format data - Flash a/b zip -Done

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

Update is out
    Per app data control fixed
    Per data app measurement fixed
    Solved minnor selinux denials

Follow the instructions on post #2

Download at post #1