[ROM][12][BECKHAM] PixelExperience 12 OFFICIAL [AOSP]

Search This thread

manck

Dec 27, 2013
where the work time was emphasized earlier. Was it removed in android 13?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-100144.png
    Screenshot_20220916-100144.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 25

MineValmont

Nov 11, 2016
Santiago
I upgraded the ROM and now I'm using 13.0-BETA-20220916-1527.

1-. I can't find the options to configure the status bar. Were they removed? (I really loved that I could see my battery level as a percentage).
2-. The banking app I mentioned in my previous post still doesn't work. It still says the "OS is modified" after I installed it.
3-. Bluetooth, NFC and Camera are working fine.
4-. JBL Soundboost (Moto mod) took a few tries to attach it, but it finally worked and it's working ok. Same stuff with the Moto Gamepad.

So... when are we getting the Status Bar options back? :D

CamposJ

Jun 26, 2016
I am using this latest beta and it feels snappy and quick and no real bugs so far.

I noticed that the transition/animation that is used when you unlock the phone using the fingerprint sensor is laggy (also, kinda ugly). It is possible to change or even disable this animation to look the same that happens when you unlock the phone using the pin?

Also, when I receive calls, the id caller did not shows the name of the caller that is already stored in my contacts, just its number. I was using lineage 18.1 before and it works fine. So I noticed that if I edit my contacts and put the long distance call before the main number, it works, but this give me the issue that I can't call back without editing the number again since those are local numbers.

Otherwise, very smooth and stable rom :)

nmajin

Feb 1, 2020
I noticed the PE13 Beta that the hotspot doesn't work....you can start it up and other phones can find it on the Moto Z3 Play, but nothing can connect (either says "Password incorrect" or just clocks at connecting).

I went back to PE 12 and that worked fine.

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
PixelExperience 12 Plus Edition is the best ROM! Too bad the work on it has been stopped... :cry:
It's too early to switch to PE 13b, there's still a lot to do.

Reactions: MagusWRM

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
It's all good, but I don't understand one thing.
After installing the ROM on my device, the system is in Slot a. I reloaded the bootloader to Slot b, entered the recovery. It also says Slot b. I did Format Data in Slot b, but I ended up with a system reset to factory settings in Slot a!!!
Explain this situation to me please!

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
It's all good, but I don't understand one thing.
After installing the ROM on my device, the system is in Slot a. I reloaded the bootloader to Slot b, entered the recovery. It also says Slot b. I did Format Data in Slot b, but I ended up with a system reset to factory settings in Slot a!!!
Explain this situation to me please!
This rom does not support slots (I know it does says slot a/b but it's a bug, just ignore it).

Fast (not accurate but easy to understand) explaining: this rom is too big for our phone, so the solution was to use both slots as one; to do so we have to install the retrofit first.

Reactions: ilia3367 and manck

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
This rom does not support slots
Thanks for the tip! Very strange, this is the first time I've heard of it. I just bought a brand new phone from Sprint last week and am still learning about its firmware.
Strange thing is the internal memory on this phone.
I made a backup of the system partition with my edits (I deleted the applications I didn't need and added the ones I needed). It was over 3.2 GB and it didn't install via fastbootd.
I uninstalled some of my applications and was able to install the image to the system partition but on boot, it was back to the old, original and unmodified system that I had made.

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
I switched to PixelExperience_beckham-13.0-BETA-20221020-1044 and I want to positively evaluate the battery performance on this build. Battery consumption during last 24 hours - I was watching TV series with MX Player (4 h 49 min), downloading dumps for Kiwix via torrent (4 h 43 min), Youtube + working in the background (total 21 h 48 min), Opera (1h 12 min), VPN Pro (20 h 8 min) and 43% battery left!
I liked this build, just missing little things - extended reboot, some settings like in 12+.

manck

Dec 27, 2013
But this one, circled in red, will not work on our phone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116-072346_Play Маркет.png
    Screenshot_20221116-072346_Play Маркет.png
    428.9 KB · Views: 23

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
I switched to PixelExperience_beckham-13.0-BETA-20221020-1044 and I want to positively evaluate the battery performance on this build. Battery consumption during last 24 hours - I was watching TV series with MX Player (4 h 49 min), downloading dumps for Kiwix via torrent (4 h 43 min), Youtube + working in the background (total 21 h 48 min), Opera (1h 12 min), VPN Pro (20 h 8 min) and 43% battery left!
I liked this build, just missing little things - extended reboot, some settings like in 12+.
Wait just a bit. It's on the horizont
Hmmm, this is from Pixel devices. Moto has a implementation of this, but on open source side is a hard work to do and a potential battery eater

jonei096

Nov 21, 2022
USB tethering appears to be broken on PE12+. When I ping I get "temporary failure in name resolution" and I found no obvious problems to fix. My other phone tethers without a hitch

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
It's finally happening! The new builds of PixelExperience 13 and PixelExperience 13 Plus Edition are out!!!
Many thanks to the author for this great work!
I will try it out.

CamposJ

Jun 26, 2016
Quick silly question: may I flash the PE13plus over the regular PE13 beta running on my phone or do I need to wipe everything? Thank you in advance :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wait just a bit. It's on the horizont
    Hmmm, this is from Pixel devices. Moto has a implementation of this, but on open source side is a hard work to do and a potential battery eater

PixelExperience 12 for Moto Z3 Play [beckham]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Flash instructions:

Download THIS RECOVERY;
    Make a backup (you already are in the right forum for search how to do it :p )
    Format data; (yes format)
    Install PixelExperience zip;
    Install TWRP INSTALLER to make additional flashes;
    Reboot;
    proofit

Disclaimer:

THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE, ALL THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITIES ARE HERE, BUT IT'S UP TO YOU INSTALL.

Builds moved to BETA at
    https://download.pixelexperience.org/beckham

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

1- You need Pixel Experience recovery installed (MANDATORY -TWRP WON'T WORK)
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

DO NOT USE TWRP FOR RETROFITED ROMS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR PARTITIONS
    Update is out

March security patch Rebased over Android 12L source code
    Updated translations
    Added call recording support
    Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    That issue has been fixed on the source side and rolled out in this update
    MotoCamera as default camera app

Download Here

THIS IS A RETROFFITED BUILD. IF YOU ARE FLASHING BY FIRST TIME, YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTIONS
    If you are on PixelExperience 11 you already must have installed, it works. if not, download from PE website
    2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device Download here: https://mega.nz/file/DAU1hABZ#0CjaYVAYntkIjKN2R_6qtCSKCKvIoPh1lDtXyrl0_gM
    3- Go to PixelExperience recovery and format your data, then sideload or install from sdcard previosly downloaded retrofit.zip. Format your data and reboot to recovery.
    4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system? yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip
    2- Why the hell use the retrofited system? Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    3- How do I go back to the old schema: Easy as you converted: - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11) - Reboot recovery - Format data - Flash a/b zip -Done

We now are on OFFICIAL state (stable):

For the next stage we are moving to retrofit dynamic partitions scheme
    don't worry, it's totally safe and you can go back at a/b scheme at any moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

2-You need to install retrofit zip to convert your device
    Download
    here

4-Download the updated build of PixelExperience from
    here, sideload or move to your sdcard and install the updated system, format your data and done

FAQ:
    1- Can I install magisk in this retrofited system?
    yes, you can either sideload by adb or install from sdcard renaming magisk.apk to magisk.zip

2- Why the hell use the retrofited system?
    Our system partition is small. Retrofited system allow us to ship all the pixel goodies
    reference here

3- How do I go back to the old schema:
    Easy as you converted:
    - Pick any rom with a/b schema (eg lineage or PE 11)
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format data
    - Flash a/b zip
    -Done

Update is out
    Per app data control fixed
    Per data app measurement fixed
    Solved minnor selinux denials

Follow the instructions on post #2

Download at post #1