[ROM][12][begonia][begoniain] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
ok I flashed begonia_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RGGMIXM_20210629.0000.00_11.0_global then need to re-unlock the phone with unlock tool, then installed twrp-PE-PPUI-begonia.img twrp, then installed PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210916-1558-OFFICIAL.zip, but I recognize that is not the latest build so I thought being on September release I just needed to download latest (PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20211009-1026-OFFICIAL.zip) and from recovery install it (on the release notes on the phone said that I can do a dirty flash) but as I enter the recovery I get again An encrypted filesystem. Why?
What I'm doing wrong? Why is encrypted again. I had the latest recovery.
I thought I followed the steps on https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09.
I used these step for remove encrypted and Format error:
-Wipe>Advanced wipe>Dalvik, System, Vendor, Cache, Data => Reboot>Recovery
-Wipe>Format data=> Reboot>Recovery
-Copy Rom from PC => Flash rom
-Reboot system

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Ok I flashed this begonia_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RGGMIXM_20210629.0000.00_11.0_global and the phone rebooted in miui I rebooted and enter in fastboot to flash latest recovery but I get
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'not allowed in locked state')
What can I do? I have to unlock the phone again like when I installed the may version?
Next time flash with Mi flash tool, choose "clean all", don't choose "clean all and lock"

Last edited:

vimine

Nov 7, 2021
Hello there,

Maybe i'm coming up with a newbie question but i couldn't find any answer :D

@Compass Linux I tried your method of installation. I've my RN8P unlocked, i flashed lastest stable miui (12.5.1.0 RGGMIXM) later i flashed twrp-3.5.0 but when i hold volume+ i can't boot into recover it keeps rebooting (i was holding volume+ only)
I've tried to boot to recovery from fastboot but i got an error (see attachment)
1636248171913.png

Edit.
I got it working. I've used TWRP from this YouTube guide:

Edit2
Well, i've been happy to early :D
After i flashed .zip and wiped dalvik cache and data my device keeps bootlooping at Redmi logo. I'll go further tommorow.

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hello there,

Maybe i'm coming up with a newbie question but i couldn't find any answer :D

@Compass Linux I tried your method of installation. I've my RN8P unlocked, i flashed lastest stable miui (12.5.1.0 RGGMIXM) later i flashed twrp-3.5.0 but when i hold volume+ i can't boot into recover it keeps rebooting (i was holding volume+ only)
I've tried to boot to recovery from fastboot but i got an error (see attachment)
View attachment 5451555

Edit.
I got it working. I've used TWRP from this YouTube guide:

Edit2
Well, i've been happy to early :D
After i flashed .zip and wiped dalvik cache and data my device keeps bootlooping at Redmi logo. I'll go further tommorow.
Try Format data (Wipe data is difference).
And next time use correct command to flash recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Compass Linux

SaganTheBest

Nov 7, 2021
Hello, thank you for your effort doing this ROM.
I have MIUI 12.5.3 but i notice a lot of bugs so i am thinking to go to PE Plus ROM.

Surfing the web, for some other phones someone was suggesting backing up persist.img partition because if one day i will need to go back stock rom, without this backup i will lose fingerprint sensor ability and also i will encounter problem with DRM protected content.

I would like to ask you if is it really necessary to backup persist.img or for Redmi Note 8 Pro the things are different?

If yes, is it possible to back it up without root? I tried the command

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>adb shell
begonia:/ $ parted /dev/block/mm
mmcblk0         mmcblk0boot0    mmcblk0boot1    mmcblk0p1
begonia:/ $ parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
/system/bin/sh: parted: inaccessible or not found

but as you can see the partition is not accessible without root.

If no, i will follow this guide but they only speak about a complete backup.
If i save important files and application data it will be enough, of "complete backup" means backup all data and partitions?

Thank you very much
Have a nice day

vimine

Nov 7, 2021
@Kirasu2080
I've tried again following every step from the instruction. In the meanwhile i also performed again clean miui flash and after flashing ROM (i tried with Pixel Experience and Havoc) i got bootlooped on Redmi logo. I can still access recovery but nothing more ;/
Any ideas? I have no clue what can cause this issue.

On which version of MIUI rom you performed flash? I've used this one begonia_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RGGMIXM_20210629.0000.00_11.0_global

eDIT.

after all i managed the device to boot into pixel experience.
I flashed boot.img and vbmeta from stock miui 12.5 rom.
Anyway - flashing boot img and vbmeta from PixelExperience.zip or from Magisk.zip is causing bootloop in my case

While using stock boot.img and vbmeta device is working fine but apparently i can't turn on Wi-Fi

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
@Kirasu2080
I've tried again following every step from the instruction. In the meanwhile i also performed again clean miui flash and after flashing ROM (i tried with Pixel Experience and Havoc) i got bootlooped on Redmi logo. I can still access recovery but nothing more ;/
Any ideas? I have no clue what can cause this issue.

On which version of MIUI rom you performed flash? I've used this one begonia_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RGGMIXM_20210629.0000.00_11.0_global

eDIT.

after all i managed the device to boot into pixel experience.
I flashed boot.img and vbmeta from stock miui 12.5 rom.
Anyway - flashing boot img and vbmeta from PixelExperience.zip or from Magisk.zip is causing bootloop in my case

While using stock boot.img and vbmeta device is working fine but apparently i can't turn on Wi-Fi
1/Download lastest TWRP or Brp mod by Santoshhh (v3.0) or recommended one from Telegram Group, I dont use official or PBRP so i dont sure.
2/Follow these steps:
- Flash Miui 12.5.x fastboot
- Flash TWRP by "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and boot in TWRP
- Wipe > Dalvik, System, Vendor, Data, Cache
- Reboot > Recovery
- Wipe > Format data > yes
- Reboot > Recovery
- Copy rom from PC and flash
- Flash DFE if dont want encryption
- Should flash Magisk after first boot

Last edited:

vimine

Nov 7, 2021
@Kirasu2080
I've used brp mod from Santoshhh and it worked like a charm. It seems that i was using unproper recovery for miui12.5. Sorry for taking your time, if i'd dig more and find out BRP mod i'd solve this by myself.
Anyway, now everything is working fine. I'll give a feedback after some time of using this rom.

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
I am coming from an August build, the instructions on telegraph state you need to flash the latest MIUI before flashing the ROM.. is this true or can I skip to the TWRP flash step?

or should I not bother and just wait for Android 12 ROMs

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
I am coming from an August build, the instructions on telegraph state you need to flash the latest MIUI before flashing the ROM.. is this true or can I skip to the TWRP flash step?

or should I not bother and just wait for Android 12 ROMs
Flashing the latest MIUI 12.5 for your phone guarantees that you start with a clean state. This helps to avoid issues such as soft/hard bricks. You can skip directly to the TWRP if you know what you're doing (and can make corrections if things go awry).

There's no ETA on when PE/PE+ A12 will be released. If you're happy with the August build it might be worthwhile waiting. Android 12 is going to give issues to some people (https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-lagging/ and https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-background-app-limitations-major-headache/)

Compass.

Reactions: daggersnz and hanzn

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
Flashing the latest MIUI 12.5 for your phone guarantees that you start with a clean state. This helps to avoid issues such as soft/hard bricks. You can skip directly to the TWRP if you know what you're doing (and can make corrections if things go awry).

There's no ETA on when PE/PE+ A12 will be released. If you're happy with the August build it might be worthwhile waiting. Android 12 is going to give issues to some people (https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-lagging/ and https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-background-app-limitations-major-headache/)

Compass.
Thanks for your reply. I *was* happy with the August build but for about the last week I've had the battery drain issue. I don't know how it could have gone from working well to all of a sudden not, without me changing the ROM in any way. Is it something on Xiaomi's end, maybe a slowdown? I'm pretty amatuer with this stuff!

younid

May 13, 2021
Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
If using wifi issue is not there.
If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
If using wifi issue is not there.
If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards
thanks for your reply, I have just investigated and this is exactly what has happened to me. The fact that the ROM doesn't have an option to disable updates over mobile network data is outrageous! I've spent 3.4GB on updates that I didn't even want nor have they even installed.

Has this been fixed in either the Sept or Oct PE+ release? To be honest I'd still rather my current setup even with battery drain over using stock MIUI ever again

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
thanks for your reply, I have just investigated and this is exactly what has happened to me. The fact that the ROM doesn't have an option to disable updates over mobile network data is outrageous! I've spent 3.4GB on updates that I didn't even want nor have they even installed.

Has this been fixed in either the Sept or Oct PE+ release? To be honest I'd still rather my current setup even with battery drain over using stock MIUI ever again
I think there is an option to disable automatic updates entirely. It should be somewhere in the update section in PE/PE+ (I'm not using PE/PE+ right now).

Compass.

xTjCombox

Nov 9, 2021
Hi i have an issue, im currently using may update, since new version message started appearing my battery suddendly started to drain really fast, passing from 2,5 days of normal use to only 24hours. Tried to debloat and uninstall all my apps and nothing changed, tried using accubattery to check if deep sleep was triggering and to my suspect it only does it 2 hours per night, during this time my battery drains like 20%. It's something wrong?

min.526

Mar 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Week ago I installed PE 11 on my Redmi note 8 pro . Now Google Play is not working, It is says not connected. Any solution will be appreciated.

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
I'm trying to get PE+ Oct build but I can't even get TWRP or Orange Fox to boot, it flashes fine but will either boot to MIUI or MIUI recovery. I am coming from MIUI 12.5.3 Global. The only difference is when I flashed the August PE+ update it was stated you had to downgrade to a MIUI Android 9 build, but that is not stated in the current version.

Is this what's giving me errors? I have tried using a command prompt to boot to twrp.img, boot to bootloader, these give me a "fastboot - FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))" error

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm trying to get PE+ Oct build but I can't even get TWRP or Orange Fox to boot, it flashes fine but will either boot to MIUI or MIUI recovery. I am coming from MIUI 12.5.3 Global. The only difference is when I flashed the August PE+ update it was stated you had to downgrade to a MIUI Android 9 build, but that is not stated in the current version.

Is this what's giving me errors? I have tried using a command prompt to boot to twrp.img, boot to bootloader, these give me a "fastboot - FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))" error
Use correct TWRP. Join Telegram group: Redmi note 8 pro or Pe_begonia for TWRP and flash guide. If you flash from Miui < 12.5.x, hard brick chance will increase much (>80%)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone have the option to cast their screen to TV in Android 12?
    I can not connect and broadcast my screen to the TV, can anyone come across such a problem?
    I have not with this rom. 11 nor 12.
    any working fm radio app?
    offline fm local radio stations . Like old default on stock firmware
    You can try evo x by tim its have radio inbuilt
    Does this firmware have the ability to broadcast your screen to a TV?
    As i know, rarely has custom rom that support this one (because of tree i guess). The comment that you put a like above is one of them.
    I was experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling. I tried a bunch of solutions but nothing worked and also there isn't any material on the internet about this.

However the things that worked for me are
    1) Turn off digital wellbeing.
    2) Turn off live translation [Most effective]
    (Settings>System>live translation)

Although there are still some stutters but this has improved the experience a lot.

If you guys find anything please lemme know.
    Peace ✌️
    Update(5/17/2022):

• May security patch
    • Updated translations and gapps
    • Fixed battery widget not working properly
    • Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    • Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    • Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    • Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    • Other minor issues that have been fixed

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    till now i find those bugs :
    • Bluetooth (weak signal, bad stream, disconnected randomly ..) 😡
    • UI lags
    • no tweak options
    • Network Data randomly shut-off
    • video decode lags
    • can't control call volume 🙄
    • default camera app is very poor
    after all, thanks for all your great work, 💪
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)