[ROM][12][begonia][begoniain] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
seems really inactive, but thanks I'll try it
Or you can try search on Youtube. Like "Twrp Miui 12.5 begonia" and you maybe can get link for twrp in some videos. If something wrong happen after flash rom, you can join group later. Up to you. (But i recommend join group to find something that you dont know that exist like twrp for A11, some apps and fix, A12 rom, ...)

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
If using wifi issue is not there.
If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards
hello I found the solution for this thanks to the telegram group

"you can go to seetings>apps n notifications>see all apps>3 dots>show system apps>*find system update*" and disable mobile data from there

Reactions: Wahid78y2

Wahid78y2

Nov 16, 2021
I found a new issue...with the brightness bar
When the brightness bar is at (pic 1) it is the lowest
And when it is at (pic 2)...the actual lowest...it is not...any help?

EDIT: Reflashed the ROM and this issue got solved

Last edited:

tirx

May 31, 2020
Hello! Please advise a recovery that can decode the date. Tried blackcat but I have a brick phone with it. I am using the latest official PixelExperience firmware.

SaganTheBest

Nov 7, 2021
Nice rom. But I'm not able to see devices when trying to cast to my TV. Is this a non-working function?
I was thinking to install PE also because on MIUI 12 i can't cast to TV. Glad i saw your question before flashing PE.

I don't know if it can be useful also on PE, but for MIUI someone suggest to download the latest "Cast" and "Casting" app from Apkmirror. I tried but without luck.

SaganTheBest

Nov 7, 2021
I was thinking to install PE also because on MIUI 12 i can't cast to TV. Glad i saw your question before flashing PE.

I don't know if it can be useful also on PE, but for MIUI someone suggest to download the latest "Cast" and "Casting" app from Apkmirror. I tried but without luck.
Hi, today i was visiting my friend and with his LG TV i could cast to that device. So my problem is on both the Hitachi TV and the Mi Box

ilikepcs

Feb 18, 2012
Damascus
Redmi Note 8 Pro
TCL 10L

Casting was not a problem before I installed PE. MIUI cast app worked flawlessly.

TheFatTurtle

Aug 9, 2021
The depth sensor does not seem to work on any app. I tried ANXCamera, GCam and AR Core. They all can't connect to it.

SaganTheBest

Nov 7, 2021
Anyone experiencedproblem wit XiaoMiTool v2?

When it start the procedure, it downloads and flashes the latest TWRP, then it reboot in recovery, i have3 options:
- Reboot
- Wipe Data
- Connect with MiAssistant

I chose the 3d Connect with MiAssistant.

But the XiaoMiTool V2 gives error: "adb execution exception: waited for device status recovery, got sideload"

If i click "Retry", the phone restarts again in Recovery and again i get the error of this image.

If i reboot to system, the phone turns on normally.

I tried also older version of this tool, but the same problem.

Thank you very much
2021-11-28 14_59_13-Greenshot.png

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Anyone experiencedproblem wit XiaoMiTool v2?

When it start the procedure, it downloads and flashes the latest TWRP, then it reboot in recovery, i have3 options:
- Reboot
- Wipe Data
- Connect with MiAssistant

I chose the 3d Connect with MiAssistant.

But the XiaoMiTool V2 gives error: "adb execution exception: waited for device status recovery, got sideload"

If i click "Retry", the phone restarts again in Recovery and again i get the error of this image.

If i reboot to system, the phone turns on normally.

I tried also older version of this tool, but the same problem.

Thank you very much
View attachment 5469823
No lastest TWRP has those 3 Options :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What are you trying to do btw?

Ko de Kraai

TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

1638214711985.png

What I use:

Things I've tried:
  • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
  • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
  • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
  • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
  • Repair File System (in TWRP)
None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

View attachment 5470883

What I use:

Things I've tried:
  • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
  • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
  • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
  • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
  • Repair File System (in TWRP)
None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.
Please use the correct TWRP: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09

Compass.

@heshan

Sep 25, 2021
Hello can someone help me. I am a beginner to custom ROMs and I ant to flash Pixel Experience plus ROM to my Redmi Note 8 Pro. Can someone tell me is the face unlock working? Is there any way I can install MIUI camera on Pixel Experience plus on my Redmi Note 8 Pro? ANX camera or something like that. I am not gonna root my device. Please help me with these issues kindly. :) Also I am running on MIUI 12.5.5.0 global stable. Sois there any thing different from the guide on the Pixel Experience website? Becuase my device is on MIUI 12.5. The guide was uploaded for Miui 12. Kindly someone help me please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling. I tried a bunch of solutions but nothing worked and also there isn't any material on the internet about this.

However the things that worked for me are
    1) Turn off digital wellbeing.
    2) Turn off live translation [Most effective]
    (Settings>System>live translation)

Although there are still some stutters but this has improved the experience a lot.

If you guys find anything please lemme know.
    Peace ✌️
    Update(5/17/2022):

• May security patch
    • Updated translations and gapps
    • Fixed battery widget not working properly
    • Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    • Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    • Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    • Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    • Other minor issues that have been fixed
    I was experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling. I tried a bunch of solutions but nothing worked and also there isn't any material on the internet about this.

However the things that worked for me are
    1) Turn off digital wellbeing.
    2) Turn off live translation [Most effective]
    (Settings>System>live translation)

Although there are still some stutters but this has improved the experience a lot.

If you guys find anything please lemme know.
    Peace ✌️
    After update I experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    till now i find those bugs :
    • Bluetooth (weak signal, bad stream, disconnected randomly ..) 😡
    • UI lags
    • no tweak options
    • Network Data randomly shut-off
    • video decode lags
    • can't control call volume 🙄
    • default camera app is very poor
    after all, thanks for all your great work, 💪
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)