[ROM][12][begonia][begoniain] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Raikos696

Jan 9, 2014
Merida
hi a friend want to change from MIUI to this custom ROM the bootloader is still locked and got MIUI 12.5.7. I read that in previous ROM a downgrade was necessary for a firts time install, this is still necessary to avoid hard brick?

BacksteinBernd

Aug 31, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Greetings, I hope you are all in good spirits.
First of all, thanks for the fork for the Android 12 version.

Visually, A12 is insanely beautiful and Pixel Experience Edition to boot, so no third-party crap (like I loathe Xiaomi's MIUI - way too loaded and visually an insult).

All in all, you've done a great job.

I still have a few complications, but I see them more as teething troubles.

• Bluetooth connection (headphones) very unstable + too short range (max. 15cm, otherwise connection loss) - is actually due to the Pixel Experience Rom, both A11 and A12. The connection is stable for several meters via Miui.
  • Mobile data has a slightly weaker signal.
  • USB tethering (both sharing wifi and via mobile data works rather changeably, sometimes not at all, wifi is a bit more stable).
  • When scrolling, there is often screentearing / visible screen tearing or even stuttering, especially in the Google Play Store or on larger vertical lists.

I have to mention the following positively:

- Installation was very easy, if you follow the recommendations.
- Visually a blast
- Rooting / Magisk installation very simple
- Play Store certification
- Fingerprint & screenshot function usable out of the box without workarounds

And lastly, really love you guys for still breathing some life into the old Begonia!

Stay healthy & have a nice evening.

Flamingo7

Jan 26, 2022
I can't run recovery rom. TWRP screen is apear for 1 minute and then device restart. Should i need newest FW ? I have V12.0.6.0.QGGEUXM. Or maybe any other recovery rom?

jntcrash

Jan 26, 2022
I can't run recovery rom. TWRP screen is apear for 1 minute and then device restart. Should i need newest FW ? I have V12.0.6.0.QGGEUXM. Or maybe any other recovery rom?
Hi, I've got through the same problem but managed to fix it in the end.

Guess it's a vbmeta problem. You have to:

1 - Extract the vbmeta.img from the actual rom on device then flash it.

2 - Flash an old TWRP (compatible with the android version in device)

3 - Flash MIUI 12.5+ and then flash and boot Dynamic TWRP.

4 - Flash PE12 (yes, will be errors in the end on twrp, but after 2 reboot to system it will begin normally.

Don't matter what, I always come to the same problem going with MIUI 12.0. instead of 12.5+.

I don't know what exactly cause the problem, but this solved for me.

Reactions: Flamingo7

Khattab9

Jan 27, 2022

Visually, A12 is insanely beautiful and Pixel Experience Edition to boot, so no third-party crap (like I loathe Xiaomi's MIUI - way too loaded and visually an insult).

• Bluetooth connection (headphones) very unstable + too short range (max. 15cm, otherwise connection loss) - is actually due to the Pixel Experience Rom, both A11 and A12. The connection is stable for several meters via Miui.
  • USB tethering (both sharing wifi and via mobile data works rather changeably, sometimes not at all, wifi is a bit more stable).
  • When scrolling, there is often screentearing / visible screen tearing or even stuttering, especially in the Google Play Store or on larger vertical lists.

- Visually a blast

And lastly, really love you guys for still breathing some life into the old Begonia!

Is there is any news about Bluetooth connection issue

korone

Jan 27, 2022
help please, I'm currently on latest PE+ 11, can I flash the latest PE12 (1/21 build) directly or I need to be on stock miui rom first?

Flamingo7

Jan 26, 2022
I've installed PE12. Default screen recording option is not working for me. After run it from navigation bar the screen freezes and device always restart.

Arcteria

Jan 31, 2022
hello. i have a certification widevine problem. installed pe with all the wipes as in the instructions. in DRM info shows L1, but netflix shows L3. this is a very serious problem for me and atm i did not find a way to fix it. if you know how to fix it, please tell me.

biso46

- Visually a blast

Hello,

May I know on which build did you face those issues? Dec or Jan?

jimkan

May 13, 2016
athens,greece
When i return to miui 12.6 europe latest stable with lock bootloader ,tiny strange lines on boot logo ( REDMI ) If i flash old version 11.0.3 for example... (miui 11) or 12.0.5.0 there is no problem on boot logo ( REDMI) .No one else has that? is that a problem with the roms on REDMI LOGO on miui12.5?

brunnux

Jun 17, 2019
Hi! I installed Pixel Experience 12 falling the official PE website instructions, step by step, and everything went just as expected. The problem is when I try to update the system using the update area, it downloads the files normally, but when I press update, it reboots into TWRP and does nothing, just that, reboots into TWRP. I also noticed some errors on TWRP's console output. I have 2 errors: "Failed to mount '/system_root' (Device or resource busy)" and "Failed to mount '/vendor' (Device or resource busy)", witch I have no idea if it's related to the update problem. So, I want to update my phone and don't want to lose my data. Is there hope or am I doomed?

bluemochi

Jul 16, 2018
I'm also experiencing a bluetooth connectivity issue. Very short BT range.

Already tried the following:
12.5.5 global to PE 12/0121-0746
12.5.5 india to 12.5.6(ota update) to PE 12/0121-0746
12.5.1 global to PE 12/0121-0746

edit: BT works perfectly after flashing the PE, but connectivity problem will show after restarting the phone

Last edited:

Canny1913

Sep 1, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi! I installed Pixel Experience 12 falling the official PE website instructions, step by step, and everything went just as expected. The problem is when I try to update the system using the update area, it downloads the files normally, but when I press update, it reboots into TWRP and does nothing, just that, reboots into TWRP. I also noticed some errors on TWRP's console output. I have 2 errors: "Failed to mount '/system_root' (Device or resource busy)" and "Failed to mount '/vendor' (Device or resource busy)", witch I have no idea if it's related to the update problem. So, I want to update my phone and don't want to lose my data. Is there hope or am I doomed?
those errors are perfectly normal. you can manually update it by locating the update files (should be in /sdcard somewhere)

Sep 21, 2021
When i return to miui 12.6 europe latest stable with lock bootloader ,tiny strange lines on boot logo ( REDMI ) If i flash old version 11.0.3 for example... (miui 11) or 12.0.5.0 there is no problem on boot logo ( REDMI) .No one else has that? is that a problem with the roms on REDMI LOGO on miui12.5?
Hello, this is observed by all users
I have an android 11 build and there are also bars on the boot screen.
This is most likely a bug in the official firmware.
It was also observed on the official firmware.

Reactions: jimkan

suser22

Feb 7, 2022
I am now using PE 12, I have no other issues except for the miracast. My phone cannot find any wireless display after updating to this rom. I have tried using other phones and it works, so the issue is with the rom.

Reactions: ilikepcs

Top Liked Posts

Signature spoofing is like presenting your device to Google as Pixel 6 Pro instead of RN8P.

It helps with unlocking device-specific features like higher FPS options in games like PUBG, call recording support, unlimited Google Photos backup etc.

But it can break Hey Google because Pixel 6 Pro uses a separate module for Hey Google which doesn't work well with RN8P.
    Oh, I did not do that, I had a fresh install of PE12+ and the assistant was not working, after I did the steps I wrote it worked.
    I was experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling. I tried a bunch of solutions but nothing worked and also there isn't any material on the internet about this.

However the things that worked for me are
    1) Turn off digital wellbeing.
    2) Turn off live translation [Most effective]
    (Settings>System>live translation)

Although there are still some stutters but this has improved the experience a lot.

If you guys find anything please lemme know.
    Peace ✌️
    Update(5/17/2022):

• May security patch
    • Updated translations and gapps
    • Fixed battery widget not working properly
    • Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    • Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    • Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    • Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    • Other minor issues that have been fixed
    I was experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling. I tried a bunch of solutions but nothing worked and also there isn't any material on the internet about this.

However the things that worked for me are
    1) Turn off digital wellbeing.
    2) Turn off live translation [Most effective]
    (Settings>System>live translation)

Although there are still some stutters but this has improved the experience a lot.

If you guys find anything please lemme know.
    Peace ✌️
    After update I experiencing a lot of stutters and lag in scrolling.
    Signature spoofing is like presenting your device to Google as Pixel 6 Pro instead of RN8P.

It helps with unlocking device-specific features like higher FPS options in games like PUBG, call recording support, unlimited Google Photos backup etc.

But it can break Hey Google because Pixel 6 Pro uses a separate module for Hey Google which doesn't work well with RN8P.
    Oh, I did not do that, I had a fresh install of PE12+ and the assistant was not working, after I did the steps I wrote it worked.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    till now i find those bugs :
    • Bluetooth (weak signal, bad stream, disconnected randomly ..) 😡
    • UI lags
    • no tweak options
    • Network Data randomly shut-off
    • video decode lags
    • can't control call volume 🙄
    • default camera app is very poor
    after all, thanks for all your great work, 💪
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)