[CLOSED][ROM][14][begonia][begoniain] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Hi guys, is the OP up to date regarding the "issues : none" statement ?
Cos i can see a lots people having lots of issues in this topic...
I have the second model with newer sensors and want absolute stability (and battery as good or almost as good as in MIUI)

Thanks !
The battery is holding on a lot longer than in MIUI, and I have not yet found any stability issues or features missing. If you want I could verify if some specific feature you require is present.

Working for me:
  • Network: 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Calling, Chromecasting
  • Camera: the included basic camera app works (front & back)
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Magisk
  • Many other things
NOT working for me:
  • I've tried installing ANXCamera using Magisk, but all versions & addons I tried were either causing a bootloop, or crashes on using the front-facing camera. Luckily you can easily disable Magisk modules in TWRP (place an empty file named disabled inside /data/adb/modules/MODULE-NAME) to fix the bootloop.
    If anyone has found a working ANXCamera method, I'd be glad to know.

Reactions: geoslake
Sorry, i don't understand: so the TWRP wasn't flashed correctly? Looking also the screenshot of other posts, i see TWRP has totally different graphic.
This is like mine:
iu

I am trying to flash PE... With XiaoMiTool v2 everything should be done automatically. First it flashes latest TWRP (btw i did also manually) then reboot and then flashes the PE ROM.
That's not TWRP, it's the stock Xiaomi recovery. It might have been automatically put back for some reason. I have not used any XiaoMiTool, I flashed TWRP manually in fastboot, and then flashed PE using TWRP's "ADB sideload" feature.

This is the guide I followed: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/
However, the TWRP version linked in that guide doesn't work properly, the only one that does seems to be the one linked here: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

View attachment 5470883

What I use:

Things I've tried:
  • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
  • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
  • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
  • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
  • Repair File System (in TWRP)
None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.
1/You can try Disable Force Encryption after flash rom to remove password for TWRP (But you can lose data if lost phone)
2/Some said TWRP in PE_begonia group can work (Idk, didnt test)
3/Wait until new BRP (Themed TWRP) release (Santoshhh had that beta version but still need fix something)
4/About Magisk Module, try Advanced>File Manager. If it not encrypted then you can remove Magisk module.
5/About Anx, find Santoshhh pling TWRP version (190R worked with some other roms even A12 so It should work)

One of the Crowd

Dec 1, 2021
Hello, does anyone have the version for July 2021? There is no download link on the Pixel Experience site. Please send me a link or something

Last edited:

SaganTheBest

Nov 7, 2021
That's not TWRP, it's the stock Xiaomi recovery. It might have been automatically put back for some reason. I have not used any XiaoMiTool, I flashed TWRP manually in fastboot, and then flashed PE using TWRP's "ADB sideload" feature.

This is the guide I followed: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/
However, the TWRP version linked in that guide doesn't work properly, the only one that does seems to be the one linked here: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09
Thank you very much!

Nov 7, 2018

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel

Lelfol

Nov 28, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I flashed the ROM using the linked TWRP but it has a bug, it can't decrypt internal storag.
I used this one: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09
And it's working perfectly, btw dont flash anything before first boot, u can flash things like magisk or kernels after u setup everything later on.
That was a big problem with the bugged twrp cuz i couldn't flash anything with the encrypted internal storage, now it's fine

Lelfol

Nov 28, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Sorry, i don't understand: so the TWRP wasn't flashed correctly? Looking also the screenshot of other posts, i see TWRP has totally different graphic.
This is like mine:
iu

I am trying to flash PE... With XiaoMiTool v2 everything should be done automatically. First it flashes latest TWRP (btw i did also manually) then reboot and then flashes the PE ROM.
Please watch this video and do the right process step by step:

Reactions: SaganTheBest

x-flyer

Nov 16, 2013
I installed this ROM (clean flash) a couple of weeks ago and the phone is really laggy at times (for instance when rotating the phone while watching YouTube, or even while browsing the web). Does this happen to anyone else?

Hi guys, is the OP up to date regarding the "issues : none" statement ?
Cos i can see a lots people having lots of issues in this topic...
I have the second model with newer sensors and want absolute stability (and battery as good or almost as good as in MIUI)

Thanks !
absolute stability with MIUI?
good luck with that....

MIUI got more bugs on each updates...

Reactions: SaganTheBest
I installed this ROM (clean flash) a couple of weeks ago and the phone is really laggy at times (for instance when rotating the phone while watching YouTube, or even while browsing the web). Does this happen to anyone else?
minor stutter yes... I have better smoothness with coconut Kernel in this PE...
the only problem now with me is camera slow to init, all cam apps... and the preview in all apps a bit laggy...

Last edited:

vnavpath

Oct 20, 2021
Does anyone experience zoomed front camera on WhatsApp? Latest version of plus. Couldn't fix it by installing earlier version of WhatsApp

Mario Wang

Aug 28, 2021
Thanks to the developers for their tireless efforts!
Have you developed the Android 12 version yet?
Will Android version 11 remain updated?

spaiver

Jul 31, 2014
Good time everyone. Does everyone have WiFi ok? It seems to me that my catching has become worse in comparison with MIUI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download
    Hello and good morning, @ZIDAN44

The link that you provided for download does not contain a file:
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 070358.png
    I'd appreciate if you update the downlaod link within the next 5 days to avoid the closure of your thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    till now i find those bugs :
    • Bluetooth (weak signal, bad stream, disconnected randomly ..) 😡
    • UI lags
    • no tweak options
    • Network Data randomly shut-off
    • video decode lags
    • can't control call volume 🙄
    • default camera app is very poor
    after all, thanks for all your great work, 💪
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)