[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes, it fails a lot, but my main issue are the freezes, sometimes it freezes once every 3 days sometimes 4 times in one day. The main developer said those problems would be fixed on the update after the one that comes next. He's dealing with a health issue so we've just gotta be patient and grateful for the time being
Is fixed in the next update. I'm currently facing a bug (display/systemui dies after a while) which is a bit difficult to find why it happens

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Sad news. My device broke again while charging. Idk if I will repair it or if I will buy me a new device. The new trees are uploaded to github/gitlab. The new trees are not stable but if someone wants to fix it, the crash log is included in the device tree.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord Sithek

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
Sad news. My device broke again while charging. Idk if I will repair it or if I will buy me a new device. The new trees are uploaded to github/gitlab. The new trees are not stable but if someone wants to fix it, the crash log is included in the device tree.
Ouch! Guess its time for me to learn how to make a ROM :)

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
If I were to upgrade that would be my next device as well. I'm going to stay with the mi note 10 for awhile though.
I've been looking to upgrade as well, the Poco F3 was my best option but I wasn't happy completely with a device. I wanted something with 5G that has all the great features the Mi Note 10 does. Just wanted to share that I think the Mi 11T Pro might be that phone. Cheers!

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
I've been looking to upgrade as well, the Poco F3 was my best option but I wasn't happy completely with a device. I wanted something with 5G that has all the great features the Mi Note 10 does. Just wanted to share that I think the Mi 11T Pro might be that phone. Cheers!
Yea same here, mi 11t pro looks interesting. I'm also hoping for a Mi Note 11
. Though I'm still not crazy about miui.

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I got ANXCam working on my phone running Cipher! Just wanted to let y'all know how. There's a new version of ANXCam for Android 11 and a fix that allows it to run, don't ask me how.

1) Download and flash "Miui Core" Magisk Module through Magisk. It's not in the Magisk Repository, so you'll have to Google it. The new version of ANXCam won't allow you to flash without this.

2) Go to ANXCam's website and download the newest version for Android 11 (Under "By Noid - Modded Version for R", the file is "ANXCameraUnity.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip").

3) Also download the most recent 48MP Fix under Add-ons on ANXCam's website.

4) Flash both files through Magisk, reboot and enjoy!

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I got ANXCam working on my phone running Cipher! Just wanted to let y'all know how. There's a new version of ANXCam for Android 11 and a fix that allows it to run, don't ask me how.

1) Download and flash "Miui Core" Magisk Module through Magisk. It's not in the Magisk Repository, so you'll have to Google it. The new version of ANXCam won't allow you to flash without this.

2) Go to ANXCam's website and download the newest version for Android 11 (Under "By Noid - Modded Version for R", the file is "ANXCameraUnity.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip").

3) Also download the most recent 48MP Fix under Add-ons on ANXCam's website.

4) Flash both files through Magisk, reboot and enjoy!
Is it fully functional? I'm on spark os right now, and it actually came with a version of axn camera but only works in pro mode and video, no auto, hdr, or portrait

Reactions: JesseJames7

alex99aon

Mar 18, 2020
I strongly advice you not to install ANXCam,
because:

1- after all that effort of getting chinese spyware away from your phone, you want to re-flash an essential part of the original miui software package?

2- impactful permissions have to be granted for ANXCam to work (more than any pure camera app really needs)

3- GCam simply works great.

I use GCam 7.3.018 from Urnyx05, v2.5, all lenses enabled in settings).

Always think twice what you want to put on your phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is obsolete for a long time, but there is a hope for A14 release. The dev is working on it, but no ETA.

You seem to be quite out of the date, mate, as you use the obsolete names. GPay was replaced by GWallet and SafetyNet is deprecated, now Play Integrity is in use. To be able to make contactless payments on a device with unlocked bootloader, you need PlayIntegrityFix module.
    I guess I am a bit out of date😅. I was looking for the thread of redmi note 10 and ended up in mi note 10 😂. Well, you cleared my crucial issue with my safety net. I didn't knew that play integrity is the trend now. Lol
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.