[ROM][12][blueline/crosshatch] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

lil_1cy

May 9, 2021
So, on pixel experience 12.1+ (pixel 3xl), doesn't work usb audio and external hard drives, i tested original typec to 3.5mm jack(

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Could someone please point me to the instructions for installing 12.1+ over 12(regular - non+). I think I understand it doesn't require a clean flash, but not sure what "dirty flash" really means (just update with + instead of regular or what?).
Thanks VERY much
S

Could someone please point me to the instructions for installing 12.1+ over 12(regular - non+). I think I understand it doesn't require a clean flash, but not sure what "dirty flash" really means (just update with + instead of regular or what?).
Thanks VERY much
S
Dirty flash simply means you dont wipe data.

That much I did understand, but do I just do an update by pointing to the + version instead of the regular to start the update or do I have to re-install using adb and connecting to my pc to apply the update?

Thanks for the fast reply tho'.
I'm not sure that the Updater will download the + version or if you will need to hook up to a PC and flash that way. If the Updater will download the + version, go ahead and try it. If not you will be hooking up to your PC.
That being said, and i know they say a clean flash is not required, it is a major change in OS. It's my opinion that a clean flash will yield the best results.

Reactions: spschneer

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
I'm not sure that the Updater will download the + version or if you will need to hook up to a PC and flash that way. If the Updater will download the + version, go ahead and try it. If not you will be hooking up to your PC.
That being said, and i know they say a clean flash is not required, it is a major change in OS. It's my opinion that a clean flash will yield the best results.
Thanks very much (again)...I'll see if anyone else has any input (have a busy weekend schedule), and maybe first of next week will try it if no-one else has any info.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
1.Updating through OTA updater won't cause any bootloop right?
2.Do I have to sideload magisk separately after updating to 12.1?
3.Can I just dirty Flash this over normal Pixel experience?

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟

Reactions: Slim2none4u
After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟
I did the same thing. Gotta hide that notch! I can get mods from aosp mods that do everything I need.

Reactions: Ashwin Kale

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Had a few minutes and tried to update to the + version. It downloaded okay but the screen did not change to show the "Install" button so it would not do anything. I tried rebooting (to see if it could be installed via Recovery) but no joy there either. I'm guessing (unless someone else has definitive info), the only way to switch to the "+" version is via adb and PC connection....

That will have to wait (for me) until my schedule frees a bit...

S

Reactions: Slim2none4u

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
Can anyone please share me the exact stock build for Pixel 3 XL that can enable me to add an esim(Indian Sim)? I really need that sim to be added on this phone as I'm carry one extra device every single time with me which is frustrating at times! Please help!

Rockman501

Oct 18, 2016
Does anyone know if camera quality is worse when using custom ROMs?
Specifically with pixel experience but also just in general when using custom ROMs compared to stock?

You don't need a third party mod to hide the notch on the Pixel 3 XL.

Settings -> System -> Developer options -> Display cutout -> Change to "Hide" -> Reboot phone
That option is not there on PixelExperience plus. Had you read the whole conversation you would have known we are talking about a custom ROM and not stock Pixel 3 firmware. Also, the regular version of PE does have the option where as the plus version does not.

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Quick question is this using the same method of active edge as all of the other 12 roms (the Proton one)? Meaning limited options and only single squeeze?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With latest Google Camera app update version, 8.5.300.450594193.08, after launching app it stops working every time. App update uninstall helps.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    What about PE on base Android 12L (Android 12.1) beta and Android 13 DP (beta)?
    Can anyone report back about the new update? 3/30
    Just WOW

Installed the latest update on blueline - Android 12L runs so smooth it looks like a new phone! I'll keep testing it for a few days and see if I spot some bug but it's extremely enjoyable so far.

Plus, Safety net PASSES out of the box, no need to fiddle with root and other fixes/patches - Gpay & co. work like a charm!

Thanks guys for giving back life to the Pixel 3!
    How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal