[ROM][12][blueline/crosshatch] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
In all my years of playing with Android, I've never messed with installing a custom kernel. It always sounded like a good way to make the system more unstable. Still, I suppose that at this point, I might as well give it a shot. I actually ended up replacing my Pixel 3 XL over this, but I would still like to get it working well enough so I can use it for playing with Xposed module development.
Same, I don't see the point of installing a kernel and I have never used one in my experience with roms. For me it's like this is a Pixel device and it should be already stable. Freezing wise, it happens when it's charging sometimes and when temperature is increasing outside of the device. Hopefully it can be fixed without using a kernel in the future.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
Same, I don't see the point of installing a kernel and I have never used one in my experience with roms. For me it's like this is a Pixel device and it should be already stable. Freezing wise, it happens when it's charging sometimes and when temperature is increasing outside of the device. Hopefully it can be fixed without using a kernel in the future.
Not only while charging or when overheated but also when I turn on bluetooth to connect my buds... And also in midnight when phone is completely in idle condition...
I missed my alarms for few days and was late for the job lol... So installing this kernel was only the option and it's working so smooth like butter...

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Well to be fair, we are using a custom distribution here, so the promise of stability isn't on Google's shoulders here, although I should note that I'm also having this issue with the last official factory image as well.

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Turning the GPS off and on again solves the issue.
BTW it happens to me with Google maps only for car navigation, if using it regularly I get a fix
Also works fine with organic maps.
But yeah, it's a weird issue.

Reactions: odontastic

vrmtm

May 20, 2020
Another 0517 issue: some web video stops immediately after start, but only if playing with sound, muted plays fine (tried on browsers - chrome, brave, duckduckgo). Example could be FB video.
Just doublechecked with fresh installs:
0502 - everything ok.
0517 - stops immediately.

Reactions: WHD6523 and Bagus29

rczrider

May 20, 2015
Markarth
Same issue on 3XL nonPE. Not only GMaps, also Waze and other gps related apps can't establish gps connection. Issue appeared right after 05/17 update :(
There doesn't be an actual fix, yet, but @spezi77 put out an update to PixelDust on Saturday and notes in the Issues section:

GPS location tracking is sometimes unavailable, e.g. after a restart or network change. You can fix it by simply turning the location service off and on again.

I don't know if this works on PE, but I assume so. EDIT: I actually wrote this yesterday but forgot to post. Since then, @DigitalDreamer says it works. Settings > Location > toggle off/on "Use location"

I went back to PixelDust because of the lack of response from the dev in this thread after tagging them 6 days ago, and because it looks like at some point PE stopped spoofing OG Pixel for the purpose of unlimited original-quality Google Photos upload, whereas PD still does it.

Also, something is buggy with the PE ROM that prevents me from being able to download certain apps (Disney+ was the last one I checked) from the Play Store; it says it's not supported (but it sideloads fine). I haven't found any apps that are locked out using the PD ROM. I've had this issue with LineageOS in the past, too.

Reactions: odontastic
USB in TWRP 3.6.1_11-1 Android 12.1 Pixel Experience.

When I flash TWRP via recovery I never get access to the usb_otg. However. After flashing in EX-Kernal manager without installing the kernal I now have access to the USB port in TWRP. I'm not sure the specifics as to why this happens. It worked for me. I hope this helps.

PIXEL 3 BLUE LINE NOT XL

AbidAzmain

Jan 15, 2018
Google Pixel 3 XL

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate

Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation

Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Well to be fair, we are using a custom distribution here, so the promise of stability isn't on Google's shoulders here, although I should note that I'm also having this issue with the last official factory image as well.
Right but it's been ok the past few days other than the GPS issues.
There doesn't be an actual fix, yet, but @spezi77 put out an update to PixelDust on Saturday and notes in the Issues section:

I don't know if this works on PE, but I assume so. EDIT: I actually wrote this yesterday but forgot to post. Since then, @DigitalDreamer says it works. Settings > Location > toggle off/on "Use location"

I went back to PixelDust because of the lack of response from the dev in this thread after tagging them 6 days ago, and because it looks like at some point PE stopped spoofing OG Pixel for the purpose of unlimited original-quality Google Photos upload, whereas PD still does it.

Also, something is buggy with the PE ROM that prevents me from being able to download certain apps (Disney+ was the last one I checked) from the Play Store; it says it's not supported (but it sideloads fine). I haven't found any apps that are locked out using the PD ROM. I've had this issue with LineageOS in the past, too.
Thanks for that fix, was wondering how to fix it and that helped!

I do not seem to have this issue. pixel experience is quite reliable for me. I was on pixel dust and the brightness toggle would kill my display by making it all white like a spotlight. Then the UI crashes when I change wallpapers on it then fails to boot as displaying over other apps did not work. But this one has been amazing. Even the DSU sideloader works on it with 13 gsi. most of these pixel experience plus roms don't work for me. This one is great. Thanks

WHD6523

Sep 7, 2019
Another 0517 issue: some web video stops immediately after start, but only if playing with sound, muted plays fine (tried on browsers - chrome, brave, duckduckgo). Example could be FB video.
Just doublechecked with fresh installs:
0502 - everything ok.
0517 - stops immediately.
Can confirm that exists.

dussycole92

Jun 22, 2013
Norwalk
Just picked up this phone a few days ago and rooted it and flashed the pixel dust rom. I like it after installing the kernal. I'm jw how does PE stack up against it? Battery life, performance etc? Thanks in advance

Reactions: RandomPRSN

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
Just picked up this phone a few days ago and rooted it and flashed the pixel dust rom. I like it after installing the kernal. I'm jw how does PE stack up against it? Battery life, performance etc? Thanks in advance
Well in my personal experience... It was a good ROM but just was very poor with running two apps at once(Remember I'm not saying Multitasking bcoz this phone doesn't have big RAM to support that).... So I now switched to Lineage OS 19.1... It can run two apps at once and also is really smooth... No framedrops and less google apps that consumes RAM like crazy... Hope this will help... Although I appreciate PE Developers u guys r awesome puttin in new life for this joke of a phone so no hard feelings there...

Top Liked Posts