[ROM][12][blueline/crosshatch] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
In all my years of playing with Android, I've never messed with installing a custom kernel. It always sounded like a good way to make the system more unstable. Still, I suppose that at this point, I might as well give it a shot. I actually ended up replacing my Pixel 3 XL over this, but I would still like to get it working well enough so I can use it for playing with Xposed module development.
Same, I don't see the point of installing a kernel and I have never used one in my experience with roms. For me it's like this is a Pixel device and it should be already stable. Freezing wise, it happens when it's charging sometimes and when temperature is increasing outside of the device. Hopefully it can be fixed without using a kernel in the future.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
Same, I don't see the point of installing a kernel and I have never used one in my experience with roms. For me it's like this is a Pixel device and it should be already stable. Freezing wise, it happens when it's charging sometimes and when temperature is increasing outside of the device. Hopefully it can be fixed without using a kernel in the future.
Not only while charging or when overheated but also when I turn on bluetooth to connect my buds... And also in midnight when phone is completely in idle condition...
I missed my alarms for few days and was late for the job lol... So installing this kernel was only the option and it's working so smooth like butter...

Reactions: Mattski

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Well to be fair, we are using a custom distribution here, so the promise of stability isn't on Google's shoulders here, although I should note that I'm also having this issue with the last official factory image as well.

Top Liked Posts

Not only while charging or when overheated but also when I turn on bluetooth to connect my buds... And also in midnight when phone is completely in idle condition...
    I missed my alarms for few days and was late for the job lol... So installing this kernel was only the option and it's working so smooth like butter...
    Had you read the whole conversation you would have known we are talking about a custom ROM and not stock Pixel 3 firmware.
    I'm sorry I don't have time to intricately comb through XDA threads. Don't be rude to people trying to help you. I'm not the one having the problem. 😎
    That much I did understand, but do I just do an update by pointing to the + version instead of the regular to start the update or do I have to re-install using adb and connecting to my pc to apply the update?

Thanks for the fast reply tho'.
    I'm not sure that the Updater will download the + version or if you will need to hook up to a PC and flash that way. If the Updater will download the + version, go ahead and try it. If not you will be hooking up to your PC.
    That being said, and i know they say a clean flash is not required, it is a major change in OS. It's my opinion that a clean flash will yield the best results.
    After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟
    Did you read before posting man? Please do so. Literally just answered that.
    My Bad Man Chill!👀
    After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟
    I did the same thing. Gotta hide that notch! I can get mods from aosp mods that do everything I need.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    What about PE on base Android 12L (Android 12.1) beta and Android 13 DP (beta)?
    Can anyone report back about the new update? 3/30
    Just WOW

Installed the latest update on blueline - Android 12L runs so smooth it looks like a new phone! I'll keep testing it for a few days and see if I spot some bug but it's extremely enjoyable so far.

Plus, Safety net PASSES out of the box, no need to fiddle with root and other fixes/patches - Gpay & co. work like a charm!

Thanks guys for giving back life to the Pixel 3!
    How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal