[ROM][12][blueline/crosshatch] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
will you fix that the network goes down every time? I say this because you do not show your face either through your Telegram channels or here

Reactions: Mattski

neversayoceans

May 11, 2012
Hyderabad
Install Kirisakura Kernel... It'll solve the issue...
Can you please suggest steps to flash this kernel. I am coming back to flashing/root after 7 years. I am currently running this ROM and non-root.

Is root necessary? If yes I believe I just need to adb sideload magisk.zip (renaming .apk to .zip).
Post that how to install the kernel. Detailed steps will be helpful

Reactions: kent_geek

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: Slim2none4u
Aug 13, 2022
Can you please suggest steps to flash this kernel. I am coming back to flashing/root after 7 years. I am currently running this ROM and non-root.

Is root necessary? If yes I believe I just need to adb sideload magisk.zip (renaming .apk to .zip).
I'd hold off installing that kernel for now. A lot of users experience bootloops after installing the kernel with this ROM and Magisk v25. But feel free to try if you have the time.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016

Steps to install magisk are correct after installing magisk,
(WARNING!!!!, Install Magisk 24.3 (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v24.3) zip, only this Version of magisk can run kirisakura kernel.)
1.Download EX kernel manager and grant root access to it.
2.Download Kirisakura Latest build from the link below : -
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ixel-3-xl-aka-bluecross.3864563/post-87114567)
3.Open EX Kernel Manager and in home page itself you will find the Flash button.
4.Click on Flash and navigate to the path where you have kirisakura kernel zip located.
5.Click on Zip to Flash.
6.After Flash process is completed It will give you a prompt to reboot.
7.Click on Reboot.
It's Done!

Message me personally if you face any issue.

Last edited:

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
I'd hold off installing that kernel for now. A lot of users experience bootloops after installing the kernel with this ROM and Magisk v25. But feel free to try if you have the time.
Install Magisk 24.3 zip and you will be good to go!
I installed 25.2 and got bootlooped so I installed 24.3 again it worked.

robosagar

Jun 29, 2022
I doubt it Android 13 was just released. So, please give the Developers time to develop without the "Is it ready yet" questions. It will be ready when it is ready. Be patient.
im alsoo waiting for android 13
i love pixel experiance rom thank you developer team hope you will make it for us.

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
For those that have updated to A13 on pixel 3. Did you clean install or dirty install? Also if you dirty installed ... Are you getting issues with the camera app crashing?

I know it's still beta I'm just curious is all.
Yes I updated dirty flashed and I'm getting that error with camera app crashing just wasn't sure if it was because I dirty flashed.

Aug 13, 2022
For those that have updated to A13 on pixel 3. Did you clean install or dirty install? Also if you dirty installed ... Are you getting issues with the camera app crashing?

I know it's still beta I'm just curious is all.
Yes I updated dirty flashed and I'm getting that error with camera app crashing just wasn't sure if it was because I dirty flashed.
Didn’t even realize there’s a beta build uploaded just yesterday. I’ll probably do a clean install, much prefer to start fresh especially when beta testing software.

Reactions: miggsr
Aug 13, 2022
So I managed to do a clean install and been testing it for a couple hours now and it seems stable so far. Have not experienced modem disconnects like in version 12 so that's promising. Stock camera works, but stops working when updated from the play store.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
So I did installed this build today... Stock kernel us still buggy.... Freezes up a lot if phone is over heating and if more apps r installed... Let's see what happens tomorrow morning whether it's frozen or not...

Aug 13, 2022
I would have done the same. Just didn't have time to go through a clean install 😂
Is this with the latest camera from the play store? Uninstalling the update fixes the camera so that's a solution for now.

So I did installed this build today... Stock kernel us still buggy.... Freezes up a lot if phone is over heating and if more apps r installed... Let's see what happens tomorrow morning whether it's frozen or not...
Different experience from mine! I have just set up phone with apps and magisk etc, so far everything works just as well as the previous android build. I haven't experienced any restarts or freezing so I highly encourage a clean install.

I'll stay on the beta and keep testing it.

WHD6523

Sep 7, 2019
Dirty flashed my pixel 3 xl this afternoon from android 12, and everything has been good so far. No overheating problem and apps run as they should. One problem is google camera keep crashing but a solution is to uninstall the app and revert it to the stock version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I only use ROMs that allow me to center the clock in the status bar. If this customization is included by the ROM, then that's one less mod I need to flash that may cause problems.

Power menu/gestures can't be customized by mods. Only by the ROM.
    Power menu and gestures CAN be customized by mods. Not sure where you got your information from, but it's wrong.
    If u need customisation in pixel experience then u need to be rooted and with aosp mods magisk module u can do every customisation that other custom roms has... Install themer, repainter as well... They all supports A13 as well...

I only use ROMs that allow me to center the clock in the status bar. If this customization is included by the ROM, then that's one less mod I need to flash that may cause problems.

Power menu/gestures can't be customized by mods. Only by the ROM.
    Thanks to @ReallySnow for the stable Android 13. Working smooth. Only issue i found is I'm not able to install Magisk for some reason. But other than that no issues so far. And also he fixed the important bug in this release: https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/3514 Thanks once again.
    Any workaround for getting Magisk installed ??
    Same here, tried to patch the boot.img manually but that put me into a bootloop
    Perhaps @ReallySnow will have some insight into this matter. I really need to be able to root utilizing Magisk!
    Just install pixel dust... U can root it... I'm rooted as well

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Camera issue resolved in update dated 20220707
    How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal
    Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    What about PE on base Android 12L (Android 12.1) beta and Android 13 DP (beta)?