• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][blueline/crosshatch] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Mar 21, 2018
HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET A STABLE ROM OUT SO FAST?????? man i give you kudos, how did you improve the memory management? my crosshatch is currently running idle at like 2.8 GB used at idle on stock, so its definitely nice to see a 12 Based custom rom

Reactions: zalazdev
Mar 21, 2018
There is a "dismiss all" button in the notification shade. On my pixel 4a on stock rom the notification shade sometimes gets bugged colors, i haven't noticed this issue yet on 3XL with this ROM. Might be because i haven't used it enough for the bug to show up.

yeah i think so, flash the latest stock then this one
have you had random apps close/severe battery drain randomly?

Reactions: nick491
Mar 21, 2018
Error 21 when sideloading the zip. TWRP also would not proceed past splash screen and other thread sources suggested recovery. Method I just tried:

Recovery mode (Power + Volume down to enter Fastboot mode - volume keys to scroll and power button to select Recovery Mode - Power + Volume up (reovery mode shows after approx 10 seconds hold)) > Apply update from ADB > "adb sideload PixelExperience.zip"

Running A12 already via OTA so attempting this really for the security patches. TWRP 3.5.2.10-0-crosshatch.img. ADB 31.0.3-7562133.

Could I just dirty flash using another (earlier) verion of TWRP or do I actually need to wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode? Or am I missing something else entirely?
use the lineage OS build of their recovery img, flash to the B slot "fastboot flash boot_b lineage_XXXX.img" then reboot to recovery. if it says signiture invalid, allow it, also it will DOWNGRADE to an older build of 12, so allow it (a timestamp error and lineage will warn you)

Mar 21, 2018
Hey guys, thinking about taking this build. Flashing custom roms for many years now and I'm shocked at the lack instructions for this one. Also, where are the links to the builds? Which TWRP - saying the latest??
Don't use TWRP, get the lineage OS recovery image and flash it to slot B, then use it to adb sideload it, TWRP has some issues with Android 12. But Definitely use this ROM, stable, lighter and a bit better on app memory management, I'm currently running it on my daily device while I wait for my Z Fold 3 to come in. No bad bugs or crashes at all and its snappy.

I'm sending this message from. My Pixel 3XL on Pixel experience 12 BETA (this ROM definitely does not seem like a beta, it's way too stable haha)

n2locarz

n2locarz

Don't use TWRP, get the lineage OS recovery image and flash it to slot B, then use it to adb sideload it, TWRP has some issues with Android 12. But Definitely use this ROM, stable, lighter and a bit better on app memory management, I'm currently running it on my daily device while I wait for my Z Fold 3 to come in. No bad bugs or crashes at all and its snappy.

I'm sending this message from. My Pixel 3XL on Pixel experience 12 BETA (this ROM definitely does not seem like a beta, it's way too stable haha)
Links to the exact build please

Mar 21, 2018
The links in the description is:

There are two files - assuming the 11/24 file (newer one) is the image to flash?
PixelExperience_crosshatch-12.0-20211124-0226-BETA.zip
Yea that's the image to flash, flash the latest, lineage OS recovery will warn you about a signature issue because technically your downgrading the firmware back a little, so allow it and make sure your doing a clean install, dirty flash will cause issues

n2locarz

Need some feedback please. My 3XL was on firmware 12.0.0 (SP1A.210812.015, Oct 2021) with an unlocked bootloader. Flashed Lineage recovery as suggested:
"lineage-18.1-20211130-recovery-crosshatch.img"

C:\Pixel 3XL Flash>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\Pixel 3XL Flash>fastboot devices
xxxxxxxx fastboot

C:\Pixel 3XL Flash>fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20211130-recovery-crosshatch.img
Sending 'boot_b' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.541s]
Writing 'boot_b' OKAY [ 0.470s]
Finished. Total time: 2.645s

Boot to recovery - and sideload:
PixelExperience_crosshatch-12.0-20211124-0226-BETA

Attached is a screenshot of the failed attempts

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_215344.jpg
    IMG_20211206_215344.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129

n2locarz

Based on the results I flashed to Android 11 - crosshatch-rq3a.211001.001-factory-9d99e161 and restarted the install - exactly the same steps as above, and the SAME EXACT error message displayed. So I disconnected the USB cable and rebooted. It worked. It installed correctly

Mar 21, 2018
Based on the results I flashed to Android 11 - crosshatch-rq3a.211001.001-factory-9d99e161 and restarted the install - exactly the same steps as above, and the SAME EXACT error message displayed. So I disconnected the USB cable and rebooted. It worked. It installed correctly
Yeah I had that error but ignored it, seems like maybe the ROM was built off of the pixel 4 and was just a port, idk tho, the only thing I noticed was when setting up the fingerprint, the demo preview was different

• Haha
Reactions: rhewins2268

rossmurray

Nov 27, 2010
London
LG G6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Had to wait for enough dowtime to be able to tackle the install. Took me a few goes (well after a decade of doing it I still feel a little stressed thinking I'll brick it in the process) but with all your helpful tips I got there in the end. Thanks!! Love hanging onto older handsets by throwing on a more recent security backed ROM and this one looks awesome so far.

Reactions: kent_geek

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
not sure what i missed but i was on October firmware. i factory reset then set my active slot to b. i flashed the latest lineageos recovery (lineage-18.1-20211207-recovery-blueline.img) for p3 blueline. then from there i booted recovery and factory reset again. from there i started to sideload PixelExperience_blueline-12.0-20211124-0348-BETA. i get this error.

i also allowed the downgrade and the signature change. but the device is in a boot loop

Attachments

• PXL_20211214_053534088.jpg
    PXL_20211214_053534088.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20211214_054126308~2.jpg
    PXL_20211214_054126308~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ReallySnow

I am no expert in android custom rom development, if this is not the correct way do please forgive my shallow knowledge of android custom rom development.

I have found from some website that to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi in Pixel phone that not supported by the carrier the following properties should be included in build.prop for this phone to work.
    # Debug Options
    persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
    persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
    persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
    persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

This rom is exceptional well built and i would like to keep using it. Hopefully you can help to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature.

Thanks.
    This method is useful for some carrier that cannot be modified by CarrierConfig👍
    Yeah I should have mentioned I just installed it yesterday, 1/1/22. I'm still shaking it out to see what's what. I haven't found any problems at all. I would prefer more customization on the status bar, though I'm likely just spoiled coming from an Android Q PixelExperiencePlus ROM on the Pixel 2XL.
    just hang tight im sure once they make rom 100% stable they'll add the status bar mods
    Many thanks @ReallySnow appreciate your effort making this possible.

Finally rom installed without any issue.

But i have a problem, IMS not registering causing VoLTE abd VoWiFi non-functional. Anybody experiencing this issue with this ???

Please help. Thanks.
    Which operator?
    @ReallySnow

I am no expert in android custom rom development, if this is not the correct way do please forgive my shallow knowledge of android custom rom development.

I have found from some website that to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi in Pixel phone that not supported by the carrier the following properties should be included in build.prop for this phone to work.
    # Debug Options
    persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
    persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
    persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
    persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

This rom is exceptional well built and i would like to keep using it. Hopefully you can help to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature.

Thanks.
    Is there a way to change the level of haptics? It seems weaker than on a stock rom.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    Error 21 when sideloading the zip. TWRP also would not proceed past splash screen and other thread sources suggested recovery. Method I just tried:

Recovery mode (Power + Volume down to enter Fastboot mode - volume keys to scroll and power button to select Recovery Mode - Power + Volume up (reovery mode shows after approx 10 seconds hold)) > Apply update from ADB > "adb sideload PixelExperience.zip"

Running A12 already via OTA so attempting this really for the security patches. TWRP 3.5.2.10-0-crosshatch.img. ADB 31.0.3-7562133.

Could I just dirty flash using another (earlier) verion of TWRP or do I actually need to wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode? Or am I missing something else entirely?
    use the lineage OS build of their recovery img, flash to the B slot "fastboot flash boot_b lineage_XXXX.img" then reboot to recovery. if it says signiture invalid, allow it, also it will DOWNGRADE to an older build of 12, so allow it (a timestamp error and lineage will warn you)
    Hey guys, thinking about taking this build. Flashing custom roms for many years now and I'm shocked at the lack instructions for this one. Also, where are the links to the builds? Which TWRP - saying the latest??

How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal