Nov 27, 2010
London
LG G6
Google Pixel 3 XL

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
not sure what i missed but i was on October firmware. i factory reset then set my active slot to b. i flashed the latest lineageos recovery (lineage-18.1-20211207-recovery-blueline.img) for p3 blueline. then from there i booted recovery and factory reset again. from there i started to sideload PixelExperience_blueline-12.0-20211124-0348-BETA. i get this error.

i also allowed the downgrade and the signature change. but the device is in a boot loop
These steps I followed here worked on my 3 XL without any issues. Is there anyone on pixel 3 or anyone that has come across this issue?

Shawn7656

May 18, 2011
1. adb reboot bootloader (I did this via commandline. It is hardware accessible too but not what I used this successful time)
2. fastboot flash boot --slot b lineage-18.1-XXXX.img
3. on the device used up/down hardware keys to switch to recovery mode and select the option using the power key
4. device then shows android laying on its back and required power + up key held down (after several seconds release the up key) to enter recovery mode. This in particular required several attempts before the lineage recovery kicked in. It's jazzy purple so was quick to spot when successful.
5. factory reset device - other users mention not doing this is problematic and was also my experience. You won't be sad for long trust me.
6. update via adb on device recovery mode
7. back in computer commandline "adb sideload PixelExperience-XXXX.zip"
8. at around 47% progress the device then complained about signature being unsigned and that the install would be a downgrade. Had to do this to gain ADB sideload access. Switched answer to YES for both. Progress % didn't change but eventualy 2/2 steps completed. I had to do this step several times too. No idea why but across all devices over the years it's a shared experience when installing a new ROM. No gain with pain!
9. final step on the device was to remove the USB cable and choose to restart via the lineage recovery menu

So far everything working but just neeed to understand getting Magisk back for my workflow.
This worked for me, thanks! I used to flash ROMs constantly but the last couple years I haven't had much time, so I'm a bit rusty on everything.

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Here's a dumb question but I want to know. Will I lose the Google photos unlimited upload thing if I flash a custom rom?

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
Many thanks @ReallySnow appreciate your effort making this possible.

Finally rom installed without any issue.

But i have a problem, IMS not registering causing VoLTE abd VoWiFi non-functional. Anybody experiencing this issue with this ???

Please help. Thanks.

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
@ReallySnow

I am no expert in android custom rom development, if this is not the correct way do please forgive my shallow knowledge of android custom rom development.

I have found from some website that to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi in Pixel phone that not supported by the carrier the following properties should be included in build.prop for this phone to work.
# Debug Options
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

This rom is exceptional well built and i would like to keep using it. Hopefully you can help to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature.

Thanks.

Reactions: Zzoro
@ReallySnow

I am no expert in android custom rom development, if this is not the correct way do please forgive my shallow knowledge of android custom rom development.

I have found from some website that to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi in Pixel phone that not supported by the carrier the following properties should be included in build.prop for this phone to work.
# Debug Options
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

This rom is exceptional well built and i would like to keep using it. Hopefully you can help to enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature.

Thanks.
This method is useful for some carrier that cannot be modified by CarrierConfig👍

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
Attached screen capture with command *#*#4636#*#* from phone keypad for your reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211227-151939_Pixel Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-151939_Pixel Launcher.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20211227-151952_Pixel Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-151952_Pixel Launcher.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 85
Nov 5, 2015
i follow the instruction and install this rom to my 3xl without any problem, but on my pixel 3 blueline, when i reboot nothing change at all, it still on stock firmware, even thought previously on the recovery it said flashing process is completed (Total xfer: 1.00x), is anyone there has success install this rom on the small Pixel 3?

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
Anyone experience Do Not Disturb automatically turn on on reboot??? I have enabled the sleep schedules but turn off the Do Not Disturb but when reboot it will automatically turn on and all my notification will stop.

I have to disable the schedule to stop this from happening. In other words i can't use the schedules .

Please help, thanks.

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
i follow the instruction and install this rom to my 3xl without any problem, but on my pixel 3 blueline, when i reboot nothing change at all, it still on stock firmware, even thought previously on the recovery it said flashing process is completed (Total xfer: 1.00x), is anyone there has success install this rom on the small Pixel 3?
did you flash the PE recovery rom as per the instruction?

I follow strictly the instruction from the PE installation guide, the new rom install without any error at all. I come from stock android 12.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone still having the issues I talked about earlier after installing today's build?
    Had you read the whole conversation you would have known we are talking about a custom ROM and not stock Pixel 3 firmware.
    I'm sorry I don't have time to intricately comb through XDA threads. Don't be rude to people trying to help you. I'm not the one having the problem. 😎
    I used to have the aforementioned issues - phone randomly turning off, especially if on charge and overnight for some reason; I was only be able to force reboot in fastboot holding power button and volume down. That was happening with every custom rom I tested on my blueline - PE, Pixeldust or CrDroid.
    I have Magisk and Lsposed installed.

I am not experiencing any issue anymore after flashing latest Krisakura kernel. Phone is working as it meant to be now and battery life improved too. I am on the latest build of PE Plus.

See if that sorts it out for you guys too!
    Thanks for the report! Unfortunately it still happens to me even when I try to do a clean install of the last 3 XL factory image without any system mods. ☹️
    Even with the latest original build from google on a clean install? Very odd.

I definitely never had any issues of this kind on stock android.

Have a go on the Krisakura kernel anyway. That was the solution for me! Let me know how it goes I am curious now.
    @ReallySnow: where (or how) is this ROM modified to report the phone as an OG Pixel for unlimited original-quality Photos storage, but Pixel 6 for camera features? I pulled the build.prop and only see references to crosshatch.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    What about PE on base Android 12L (Android 12.1) beta and Android 13 DP (beta)?
    Can anyone report back about the new update? 3/30
    Just WOW

Installed the latest update on blueline - Android 12L runs so smooth it looks like a new phone! I'll keep testing it for a few days and see if I spot some bug but it's extremely enjoyable so far.

Plus, Safety net PASSES out of the box, no need to fiddle with root and other fixes/patches - Gpay & co. work like a charm!

Thanks guys for giving back life to the Pixel 3!
    How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal