LG G6
Google Pixel 3 XL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-102610_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220128-102610_Settings.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 75

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Attempted to follow the install instructions and had a problem (or two).

When I rebooted into fastboot mode, (either via adb or power+vol. down) I got into the Fastboot screen on the phone okay. However, when I did a fastboot devices(on the PC command window), nothing was found. I did notice the bootloader indicated 'locked' (fastboot screen on phone) but when I attempted to "fastboot flashing unlock" command on the PC, it never came back (nor changed the phone display (to unlocked?).

Any suggestionns what I'm doing wrong? (everything was redownloaded today so it's probably not an old version of anything --- adb, adb drivers for Win10, and PE 12-20220120)...

HELP.....

S

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
That sounds like you're not rooted at all and your bootloader is still locked. The very first step that you should do is enable debugging mode and OEM unlock should be toggled on and developer options. If you know the command for unlocking the bootloader. If you follow the steps provided to you by Google to unlock the bootloader you should be able to move forward from there. To be able to unlock your bootloader Just follow the commands that you see on the link below. It will also help you get ADB working or at least it should

Shawn7656

May 18, 2011
I hate reporting things when I'm not on the newest build but wanted to add another instance of having a lot of freezing.
I've had it freeze while charging overnight, while in my pocket doing nothing, while using navigation with Maps.
It is a super weird freeze though as others were saying. The phone is definitely not completely frozen but it will not respond to any input, and when it froze overnight my alarms didn't go off. But while driving the GPS kept turning a little and trying to get a lock.

I am on the 11/24 build though which was a beta release. Will be flashing the most current build and will report back if I continue to experience freezing.
@OP: are there any logs that would be helpful for identifying this issue if it comes up again?

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
That sounds like you're not rooted at all and your bootloader is still locked. The very first step that you should do is enable debugging mode and OEM unlock should be toggled on and developer options. If you know the command for unlocking the bootloader. If you follow the steps provided to you by Google to unlock the bootloader you should be able to move forward from there. To be able to unlock your bootloader Just follow the commands that you see on the link below. It will also help you get ADB working or at least it should

Thanks for the hint....it was a few options that weren't set properly as well as the USB driver not being installed on my PC properly...finally got it unlocked and then the fun started....

Followed the instructions and downloaded the .img and installed it, then the .zip file and then rebooted. PE came up and I thought everything was fine...until I tried to log into Google to begin restoring my phone...the new 2-factor-authorization got me....it "assumes" you have your phone available to verify you're you....this is pretty hard when you're in the process of re-building it....(huge shaggy-dog story omitted here).

I did finally get signed into Google and got some of my files restored, but apparently lost some of the miscellaneous files on my phone (downloads, etc). Files that came over properly were mostly config files, and files directly associated with apps.

If anyone knows how to restore from a previous Google backup (outside of the initial build process) I'd appreciate a pointer...

I've been using PE for a couple of years, on 2 phones and this was a real "Experience" of an install...

S

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
One quick question...do I need to re-lock my bootloader(e.g: for OTA updates)? Whenever I reboot, I get a warning that I'm unlocked and vulnerable (does this also prevent using Google Pay...seem to remember reading that somewhere but can't find it ATM)...

• Haha
Reactions: rhewins2268

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
One quick question...do I need to re-lock my bootloader(e.g: for OTA updates)? Whenever I reboot, I get a warning that I'm unlocked and vulnerable (does this also prevent using Google Pay...seem to remember reading that somewhere but can't find it ATM)...
If you re-lock your bootloader you'll have a brick. That message will always be there, nothing you can do about it.

Magisk is needed to make Google Pay work. Check the thread in the guides part of the 3 XL forum.

cc101

Feb 15, 2012

spschneer

Dec 22, 2014
Is there anywhere in PE that provides the model number of the phone? In a stock ROM, it is contained in the About Phone/Legal & Regulatory/Regulatory Labels section. In PE, that section does not exist (that I could find, anyway)...

Thanks
S

N5X_ita

Mar 20, 2016
Google assisted evoked by edge squeezing does not hear anything. It works, instead, when evoked by other gestures. I think the problem is here: Google Voice Typing cannot be enabled via Gboard Settings
Screenshot_20220205-005825_Gboard.png

EDIT: it seems that the issue here is that Google app is not a system app and this happens often with custom ROM.
I've tried unsuccessfully to systemize. Could you please make it a system app in the next build?

Last edited:

beanaman

Oct 17, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Just because the rom is official does not mean that you can relock bootloader. Relocking bootloader is done generally when you're on stock Google software.

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Just because the rom is official does not mean that you can relock bootloader. Relocking bootloader is done generally when you're on stock Google software.
I only asked cause it's possible to have this rom and a locked bootloader on the OP7T and to kinda quote you, lol it works there...

So I just wondered what's the process behind it and how does it work.

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
A quick question, is it possible to relock the bootloader after flashing the rom?
The instructions do not tell you how to return the Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL to stock.

I'm guessing Locking the bootloader would be one of the steps to returning the Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL to stock, and that locking it would erase all data.

Why is that my guess?

I'm assuming that if unlocking the bootloader of the Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL erases all data: (...unlock the bootloader, but doing so deletes user data for privacy reasons. After unlocking, all data on the device is erased, that is, both private app data and shared data accessible over USB (including photos and movies)...) locking it would erase all data.

Top Liked Posts

Yeah the only con to that kernel installation is ur microphone works very poorly... But that can be solved using Kernel Adiuter App and increase Micrphone strength to MAX... Worked like a charm for me...
    Good to know. I will look in to it. Thanks!
    Had you read the whole conversation you would have known we are talking about a custom ROM and not stock Pixel 3 firmware.
    I'm sorry I don't have time to intricately comb through XDA threads. Don't be rude to people trying to help you. I'm not the one having the problem. 😎
    That much I did understand, but do I just do an update by pointing to the + version instead of the regular to start the update or do I have to re-install using adb and connecting to my pc to apply the update?

Thanks for the fast reply tho'.
    I'm not sure that the Updater will download the + version or if you will need to hook up to a PC and flash that way. If the Updater will download the + version, go ahead and try it. If not you will be hooking up to your PC.
    That being said, and i know they say a clean flash is not required, it is a major change in OS. It's my opinion that a clean flash will yield the best results.
    After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟
    Did you read before posting man? Please do so. Literally just answered that.
    My Bad Man Chill!👀
    After Clean Flash of PE Plus under developer settings there is no option to completely hide the notch... Instead it has other options including Render apps under the notch area which is not neglegible... Anyways everything else is awesome... I'm downgrading to normal Version though as that Notch terrifies me... Keep Rocking!!!!!!🤟
    I did the same thing. Gotta hide that notch! I can get mods from aosp mods that do everything I need.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Pixel 3 / 3 XL [blueline/crosshatch]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website (blueline)
    Download from PixelExperience website (crosshatch)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Many thanks for bring PE to Pixel 3 XL.

Hopefully it will be official.
    What about PE on base Android 12L (Android 12.1) beta and Android 13 DP (beta)?
    Can anyone report back about the new update? 3/30
    Just WOW

Installed the latest update on blueline - Android 12L runs so smooth it looks like a new phone! I'll keep testing it for a few days and see if I spot some bug but it's extremely enjoyable so far.

Plus, Safety net PASSES out of the box, no need to fiddle with root and other fixes/patches - Gpay & co. work like a charm!

Thanks guys for giving back life to the Pixel 3!
    How do you compare this with stock on crosshatch?
    Same features, a bit smoother and better memory management. Most important for me is up to date security patches.
    Sorry for asking this as it seems I should probably a already know but....
    What is the procedure for fishing this?
    Is it a fastboot installation method?
    Or does it require a lineage boot image?
    Sorry if these questions are noobish.

download latest twrp for crosshatch
    unlock your bootloader
    in your PC using fastboot: fastboot boot twrp.img
    in twrp, select adb sideload, connect phone to your PC
    in your PC using adb: adb sideload lineage.zip
    do not reboot, in twrp do a factory reset (it was probably already reset when unlocking bootloader)
    reboot
    done

BTW safetynet and cts are ok using latest magisk stable, selecting all apps on magisk hide allowed me to use banking apps and microsoft intune portal