• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12 CBT 01][OFFICIAL][BETA]Color OS 12[Oneplus 8 PRO]

Search This thread

__halvar__

Oct 6, 2006
Can I install it from 11.0.9.9 ? What do I need to do if I want to go back from this beta? My phone is locked bootloader and no TWRP or root is installed

zloynavseh

Oct 18, 2019
Russia
OnePlus 8 Pro
From different resource:
⚠️⚠️⚠️ WARNING ⚠️⚠️⚠️

DO NOT FLASH CLOSED BETA 2 LEAKED BUILD OF COLOR OS 12.

IT JUST COMPLETELY BRICKED MY PHONE AND NOT EVEN EDL IS DETECTING IT NOW.

I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT AFFECTS ALL DEVICES BUT THOSE WHO HAD SIM ISSUES ON CBT1 SHOULD AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS

Some people are getting their devices bricked cuz they are flashing. Don't do a flash just local upgrade it and youl be fine.

Last edited:

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
I upgrade my oneplus 8 pro directly from Oxygen os 11 11.0.9.9 via local upgrade .. I'm already lost my fingerprint but my problem is I have no coverage on both my Sim Card.. know My pc doesn't recognize my phone when in fastboot mode .. and the Sim fix only working when the bootloader is unlocked.. any help?

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
I upgrade my oneplus 8 pro directly from Oxygen os 11 11.0.9.9 via local upgrade .. I'm already lost my fingerprint but my problem is I have no coverage on both my Sim Card.. know My pc doesn't recognize my phone when in fastboot mode .. and the Sim fix only working when the bootloader is unlocked.. any help?
Don't try simfix. I have seen people killing their phones on cbt 2 while people who dont use simfix are currently using cbt 2 just fine.

BCT99

Jan 3, 2014

Use this Oxygen OS System Updater App on the Color OS CBT 02 to update to CBT 04

As always put the latest firmware .zip into the root folder of the internal storage and flash normally, after the reboot you are updated.

To downgrade we will probably have to wait for a specific rollback firmware from Color OS 12 to Hydrogen OS, as the partition layout is different I guess.

As usual, patience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-05-03-58-15-66_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-05-03-58-15-66_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 171
Flashed Closed Beta 2 directly from stable OOS 11.0.9.9 without issues or Data loss.

(I only had to flash sim fix since I had no cellular signal issue, used the SIM FIX in OP) (Needs to be flashed in fastbootD) when in bootloader mode on windows shell type ' fastboot reboot fastboot '
Then run SIM FIX .bat

IMPORTANT! Backup persist before doing anything just in case!
•open terminal app
•type ' su ' (to get root access)
•then type ' dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img '
•copy the file named persist.img to your desktop or somewhere safe.

Now download Closed Beta 2 and place it in your internal memory and do a local update.

if you get any errors or stuff here's the link to MSM TOOL for reverting back to Android 11 OxygenOS.

For me everything works fine, FOD, SIM, Bluetooth everything. Literally a daily driver. It feels like oxygen but with a lot more customizations.

Last edited:

paq1170

Jun 12, 2015
Abuja
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Flashed Closed Beta 2 directly from stable OOS 11.0.9.9 without issues or Data loss.

(I only had to flash sim fix since I had no cellular signal issue, used the SIM FIX in OP) (Needs to be flashed in fastbootD) when in bootloader mode on windows shell type ' fastboot reboot fastboot '
Then run SIM FIX .bat

IMPORTANT! Backup persist before doing anything just in case!
•open terminal app
•type ' su ' (to get root access)
•then type ' dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img '
•copy the file named persist.img to your desktop or somewhere safe.

Now download Closed Beta 2 and place it in your internal memory and do a local update.

if you get any errors or stuff here's the link to MSM TOOL for reverting back to Android 11 OxygenOS.

For me everything works fine, FOD, SIM, Bluetooth everything. Literally a daily driver. It feels like oxygen but with a lot more customizations.
Do you hear any hardware noise when switching to camera or gallery? I read people have this issue. How is the battery life so far?

Top Liked Posts

I just quick test OpenBeta C10.
    I can not root , went back to OOS now.
    You can root it by extracting boot.img from the firmware archive with the help of payload dumper and patching the file with Magisk manually. Then you can flash it in fastboot mode.
    Use magisk canary, some can use magisk 23 some can not

Here is the rooted boot.img for C.10

Boot it from fastboot only, then use magisk to root in Direct mode
    Thanks a lot for your reply and feedback, much appreciated. From what i have saw, i think ill stay on OOS11 at least until Open Betas are available. Really want to try ColorOS but i preffer and love stability haha.
    U may give it a try.
    But here are things to warn about :
    1- C.08 on 8 pro is broken. U cant use FOD. (C.07 works)
    2- notifications on AOD are not displayed neither the edge lightning.
    3- apps got killed after a while. Unless u disable battery optimization and lock them in recent apps.
    4- chat bubble doesn't work.
    5- sometimes u cant replay from notification.
    6- no google assistant as their assistant take place everywhere.
    7- some apps are in Chinese language even theme store which is annoying.
    8- u cant apply installed external livewallpaper.
    9- low volume on calls (just slightly than OOS)
    +-------
    Now for the good things
    1-Vibration feels great and mostly in everything.
    2- battery for me is better than OoS.
    3 - flaoting window is awsome.
    4- FOD on C.07 is so fast and better animation and sounds.
    5- overall animations are better.
    6- Dark mode with light and grey and pitch black also with wallpaper snd screen dim.
    7- better AOD themes and auto brightness. Also rise to wake is good.
    Some other things i might forget
    As a daily driver its good if u dont mind disabling FOD.
    Give it a try ;) u can always go back to OOS
    Can someone provide me cbt7 boot img and vbmeta img

I have pulled the ones from cbt7 for the 8 Pro. I have attached the original, patched (with latest Canary) and VB Meta for those that want it. As always, just boot the patched and patch your own. Tested and working fine.

Reminder, the command for disabling vb meta is:

In Windows:
    fastboot.exe --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

In Linux, just leave off the .exe in fastboot name but is same command.
    Give us cbt12 link people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Senior members asking!
    Can someone provide me cbt12 link for 8 pro

Senior members or not, why can't you guys just search a few pages back? The latest Op8Pro ColorOS CBT 12 is release 07 from 12/15/2021. The link is here on post 52.

Edit: If you are referring to a more recent ColorOS 12 CBT version than 07, there has not been a public leak yet that i am aware of.
    Report for C.09 for Oneplsu 8 Pro - IN2020 - Locked BL - OOS 11 11.0.10.10 Global as Base

Just finish flashing the latest C.09 on my OP 8 Pro, Using as Base OOS11 11.0.10.10 Global, with a locked BL and all my data still on phone, remove my FP and face unlock data, an proceed to a local upgrade, change the name of the ZIP to IN2020 and copy on storage root, till now i havent found anything that is not working properly, the only thing that mess with me was the bunch of chinese stuff that it brings that i have to either uninstall, disable or simply just leave it there because theres nothing to do.

Animations and the flow in general is awesome, at least i really appreaciate the change comming from OOS. Customization in general is very wide and awesome. Transitions between apps and going home screen, pulling notification drawer....everything feels more smoth in my opinion.

After the update, proceed to add again the FP and face unlock and both worked awesome, as fast (sometimes faster) than OOS.

Network for both sims working great, as well as WiFi, Both Cameras works super well also (including gcam), AOD, Notifications are working at least for my apps, have nothing to say, daily driver.

If you guys have any doubt, ill be daily drivin' this boy for a couple of days, maybe even more

Here are some SC
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-18-50-47_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-18-59-09_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-20-15-99_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Thanks a lot for your reply and feedback, much appreciated. From what i have saw, i think ill stay on OOS11 at least until Open Betas are available. Really want to try ColorOS but i preffer and love stability haha.
    U may give it a try.
    But here are things to warn about :
    1- C.08 on 8 pro is broken. U cant use FOD. (C.07 works)
    2- notifications on AOD are not displayed neither the edge lightning.
    3- apps got killed after a while. Unless u disable battery optimization and lock them in recent apps.
    4- chat bubble doesn't work.
    5- sometimes u cant replay from notification.
    6- no google assistant as their assistant take place everywhere.
    7- some apps are in Chinese language even theme store which is annoying.
    8- u cant apply installed external livewallpaper.
    9- low volume on calls (just slightly than OOS)
    +-------
    Now for the good things
    1-Vibration feels great and mostly in everything.
    2- battery for me is better than OoS.
    3 - flaoting window is awsome.
    4- FOD on C.07 is so fast and better animation and sounds.
    5- overall animations are better.
    6- Dark mode with light and grey and pitch black also with wallpaper snd screen dim.
    7- better AOD themes and auto brightness. Also rise to wake is good.
    Some other things i might forget
    As a daily driver its good if u dont mind disabling FOD.
    Give it a try ;) u can always go back to OOS
    Give us cbt12 link people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Senior members asking!
    Can someone provide me cbt12 link for 8 pro

Senior members or not, why can't you guys just search a few pages back? The latest Op8Pro ColorOS CBT 12 is release 07 from 12/15/2021. The link is here on post 52.

Edit: If you are referring to a more recent ColorOS 12 CBT version than 07, there has not been a public leak yet that i am aware of.
    i wasn't able to get root working, could you give a quick instruction?
    -Unlock Bootloader
    -Download and extract ColorOS-12_ROOT_8Pro.zip from first post.
    -Reboot to bootloader
    -Run coloroot.bat
    Done.
    Can someone provide me cbt7 boot img and vbmeta img

I have pulled the ones from cbt7 for the 8 Pro. I have attached the original, patched (with latest Canary) and VB Meta for those that want it. As always, just boot the patched and patch your own. Tested and working fine.

Reminder, the command for disabling vb meta is:

In Windows:
    fastboot.exe --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

In Linux, just leave off the .exe in fastboot name but is same command.