[ROM][12 CBT 01][OFFICIAL][BETA]Color OS 12[Oneplus 8 PRO]

Search This thread

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
I installed the app but then I cant find the app to install the update. I cant find "system update" app

I'm confused by your response. If you installed the system update.apk from my post, make sure you have the full ColorOS 12 roms on the root of your internal storage you want to flash. Open the 'System Update' app you installed from your launcher and hit the gear button on the top right side of the screen. It will show you the ROMs you have on the root of the internal storage and you just click to install. Its how i went from C.09 to C.10.

perisman

Jul 2, 2017
I'm confused by your response. If you installed the system update.apk from my post, make sure you have the full ColorOS 12 roms on the root of your internal storage you want to flash. Open the 'System Update' app you installed from your launcher and hit the gear button on the top right side of the screen. It will show you the ROMs you have on the root of the internal storage and you just click to install. Its how i went from C.09 to C.10

I try to install the apk. First time installation ends, system update apk os missing. I try to install Another time and installation aborts

joshua3001

Sep 14, 2012
Heredia
OnePlus 8 Pro
Here is the rooted boot.img for C.10

Boot it from fastboot only, then use magisk to root in Direct mode
Bro, just to make sure im doing the correct steps cause last time when trying to root C.09, i got a bootloop, so:

With a clean installation of the C.10:

1-Unlock BL
2-Setup process and then install Magisk
3-Reboot to fastboot
4-fastboot boot boot.img (the one you attached)
5-Booted into the rooted img, go to magisk and DIRECT install
6-Reboot and we are rooted right?

I really want to hace the C.10 rooted to remove all the bloatware and chinese apps draining battery.

EDIT FOR BUGS FOR C.09 - OP 8 PRO:

1-There is no switch for mobile data type (3,4 and 5G) it stays 4G and 4G+ all the time (not a problem for me but could be for someone else)
2-Notifications still a problem for some apps (might depend on what u use)
3-Vanced apps don't work at all (YT and YT Music)...they both open but no network
4-Have to be logged on into your 1+ account on the system to install external APKs
Still having problems with vanced? Try setting vanced microG and vanced yt and yt music battery optimization to unoptimized, then clear data for yt and yt music. Figured that COS kills microG in the background due to battery optimization.

Also, somewhere in the APP INFO settings page of vanced microG and YT vanced, "allow the app and others to start itself" (or something like that, I forgot the specific setting name).

Vanced microG only applies if you don't use the root method of vanced. I personally don't, because YouTube from the play store gets limited to 60 fps only, while YT vanced app itself doesn't.

Last edited:

joshua3001

Sep 14, 2012
Heredia
OnePlus 8 Pro
Still having problems with vanced? Try setting vanced microG and vanced yt and yt music battery optimization to unoptimized, then clear data for yt and yt music. Figured that COS kills microG in the background due to battery optimization.

Also, somewhere in the APP INFO settings page of vanced microG and YT vanced, "allow the app and others to start itself" (or something like that, I forgot the specific setting name).

Vanced microG only applies if you don't use the root method of vanced. I personally don't, because YouTube from the play store gets limited to 60 fps only, while YT vanced app itself doesn't.
Will try to report back as soon as i arrive home and install and try this, thanks for the tips!

shiversc

Mar 22, 2010
I give the COS12 Open Beta 1 a chance.
The update wiped my OS11 Open Beta 12 system.

The Open Beta is without german language. No problem, but the english translation ist incomplete.

A lot of apps cant remove.

After first boot in cant find any Google App, first i had to Install the playstore.

I cant find the android autofill service.

I go back to OO11

joshua3001

Sep 14, 2012
Heredia
OnePlus 8 Pro
C.11 is ready!

Changelog​

brand new design

The borderless design concept has evolved again, and the design language of real noise reduction makes the experience simple, easy and burden-free

• [New] Noise reduction design, refactored page layout, optimized text and color display, and more focused core information
  • [Optimization] Quantum animation engine 3.0, centered on "quality", simulates real physical movements, optimizes animation details 300+, and brings a more natural interactive experience
  • [Optimization] Unlimited breath screen, richer style of breath screen, make self-expression more unique
Convenient and efficient

• [New] Sticky note graffiti tool, personalized record of life
  • [Optimization] Smart sidebar
    • Support intelligent recommendation related functions in video, shopping and other scenarios
    • Add a small window shorthand, click to enter the sticky note floating window, and quickly complete the record
    • Added smart subtitles, supports recognition of conference and call voices, generates subtitles in real time, and supports Chinese-English translation
    • Added the ability to identify background music, quickly identify background music in short videos, and find music without asking for help
    • Added article reading, support one-click reading of WeChat public account, Toutiao and other information content
  • [Optimization] Upgrade the Flash window to a free floating window
    • Added quick switching of floating window status, making interaction more convenient
    • Added file management and album support to long press and drag files or photos to the floating window application
  • [Optimization] Xiaobu's suggestion, new schedule assistant, intelligent integration of schedule information, one-stop viewing and management
  • [Optimization] Recording, improve the speed and accuracy of voice-to-text, and reduce waiting time
  • [Optimization] The text bubbles on the SMS conversation page can be double-clicked to enlarge and display, making it easier to extract SMS content
seamless interconnection

• [Optimized] Screen sharing
    • One-click switching between the calling party and the receiving party to share screen and control permissions
    • Sensitive notifications such as WeChat, phone calls, text messages can be hidden when sharing the screen
Security Privacy

• [New] Sharing photos or videos supports erasing location information and shooting data
  • [Optimization] Mobile Manager integrates more security and privacy functions such as privacy doubles, password book, emergency call, etc.
  • [Optimization] When the app calls sensitive permissions such as camera, recording, positioning, etc., the status bar icon prompt is more conspicuous
  • [Optimization] Medical emergency card, support to automatically encrypt and transmit the preset medical emergency card information to the emergency center when dialing 120
  • [Optimization] Earthquake warning, new function preview page, new earthquake banner notification reminder with estimated intensity of 2.0 and below, always warning earthquake information
  • [Optimization] harassment interception, add MMS interception capability, reduce the interruption of spam
performance optimization

• [New] Intelligently predict frequently used applications and load them in advance, the application opens faster
  • [New] Display the power consumption record in the form of graphs to quickly understand the details of battery consumption
  • [Optimization] When switching WLAN, Bluetooth, airplane mode, NFC, the response speed is faster
  • [Optimization] The loading speed of high-frequency scenes of third-party applications is improved, and browsing Weibo and watching videos is more enjoyable
game

• [New] When the game resource pack is updated, the game can be switched to the background for updating (only some games are supported)
  • [New] During the game, game skills and game replays will pop up to help you quickly master the gameplay (only some games are supported)
  • [Optimization] In high-load scenarios such as team battles, the game frame rate is more stable
camera

• [New] Customize the order of camera modes to facilitate quick switching to commonly used camera modes
system

• [Optimized] Automatic brightness adjustment algorithm, optimized intelligent scene detection, more comfortable to browse the screen
  • [Optimization] Anti-false touch algorithm on the edge of curved screen to reduce the probability of false touch on the screen
Accessibility

• [Optimization] Accessibility mode
    • Added visual introduction, and added image introduction to the function page
    • Optimized functional classification, displayed according to visual/auditory/interactive/general classification
    • TalkBack adapts to more system applications such as photo albums, calls, emails, calendars, etc.

joshua3001

Sep 14, 2012
Heredia
OnePlus 8 Pro
C.11 is ready!

Changelog​

brand new design

The borderless design concept has evolved again, and the design language of real noise reduction makes the experience simple, easy and burden-free

• [New] Noise reduction design, refactored page layout, optimized text and color display, and more focused core information
  • [Optimization] Quantum animation engine 3.0, centered on "quality", simulates real physical movements, optimizes animation details 300+, and brings a more natural interactive experience
  • [Optimization] Unlimited breath screen, richer style of breath screen, make self-expression more unique
Convenient and efficient

• [New] Sticky note graffiti tool, personalized record of life
  • [Optimization] Smart sidebar
    • Support intelligent recommendation related functions in video, shopping and other scenarios
    • Add a small window shorthand, click to enter the sticky note floating window, and quickly complete the record
    • Added smart subtitles, supports recognition of conference and call voices, generates subtitles in real time, and supports Chinese-English translation
    • Added the ability to identify background music, quickly identify background music in short videos, and find music without asking for help
    • Added article reading, support one-click reading of WeChat public account, Toutiao and other information content
  • [Optimization] Upgrade the Flash window to a free floating window
    • Added quick switching of floating window status, making interaction more convenient
    • Added file management and album support to long press and drag files or photos to the floating window application
  • [Optimization] Xiaobu's suggestion, new schedule assistant, intelligent integration of schedule information, one-stop viewing and management
  • [Optimization] Recording, improve the speed and accuracy of voice-to-text, and reduce waiting time
  • [Optimization] The text bubbles on the SMS conversation page can be double-clicked to enlarge and display, making it easier to extract SMS content
seamless interconnection

• [Optimized] Screen sharing
    • One-click switching between the calling party and the receiving party to share screen and control permissions
    • Sensitive notifications such as WeChat, phone calls, text messages can be hidden when sharing the screen
Security Privacy

• [New] Sharing photos or videos supports erasing location information and shooting data
  • [Optimization] Mobile Manager integrates more security and privacy functions such as privacy doubles, password book, emergency call, etc.
  • [Optimization] When the app calls sensitive permissions such as camera, recording, positioning, etc., the status bar icon prompt is more conspicuous
  • [Optimization] Medical emergency card, support to automatically encrypt and transmit the preset medical emergency card information to the emergency center when dialing 120
  • [Optimization] Earthquake warning, new function preview page, new earthquake banner notification reminder with estimated intensity of 2.0 and below, always warning earthquake information
  • [Optimization] harassment interception, add MMS interception capability, reduce the interruption of spam
performance optimization

• [New] Intelligently predict frequently used applications and load them in advance, the application opens faster
  • [New] Display the power consumption record in the form of graphs to quickly understand the details of battery consumption
  • [Optimization] When switching WLAN, Bluetooth, airplane mode, NFC, the response speed is faster
  • [Optimization] The loading speed of high-frequency scenes of third-party applications is improved, and browsing Weibo and watching videos is more enjoyable
game

• [New] When the game resource pack is updated, the game can be switched to the background for updating (only some games are supported)
  • [New] During the game, game skills and game replays will pop up to help you quickly master the gameplay (only some games are supported)
  • [Optimization] In high-load scenarios such as team battles, the game frame rate is more stable
camera

• [New] Customize the order of camera modes to facilitate quick switching to commonly used camera modes
system

• [Optimized] Automatic brightness adjustment algorithm, optimized intelligent scene detection, more comfortable to browse the screen
  • [Optimization] Anti-false touch algorithm on the edge of curved screen to reduce the probability of false touch on the screen
Accessibility

• [Optimization] Accessibility mode
    • Added visual introduction, and added image introduction to the function page
    • Optimized functional classification, displayed according to visual/auditory/interactive/general classification
    • TalkBack adapts to more system applications such as photo albums, calls, emails, calendars, etc.
Please dismiss, i was looking into 8T folder

GatorsUF

May 22, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Android Wear
OnePlus 8
What is the best way I could go from Paranoid Android Sapphire 12.0 to this? I don't want to brick the phone so whats my best option.

Also is it possible to do it without deleting all my SD card stuff? I don't mind wiping the APPs and whatever, but I have a lot of pictures that take forever to backup and reload.

Also is it pretty close to daily driver?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on a debloater script flashable with magisk if anyone is interested🧑‍💻
    So here we go guys! here's my DEBLOATER PRESET for systemless debloater by @zgfg

BACKUP EVERYTHING IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG

how to use :
    - place "
    SystemlessDebloaterList.sh" in your sdcard/download/ folder.
    - Flash "SystemlessDebloater_v1.4.5.zip" in Magisk manager.
    - Enjoy . :p

It works perfectly for me, and should work on all versions of cbt. Let me know what you think!

Debloat list:
    Code:
    StatementService OcrService  OcrScanner ColorDirectUI Traceur LogKit OPPOStore ads Aiunitservice Arcore Assistantservice Browser Calendar Childrenspace Codebook Cosa DeviceStatisticsService FinShellWallet Floatassistant IFlySpeechService KekePay MapComFrame MSPService Music NetworkLocationAmap OpenCapabilityService OppoOperationManual PhoneManager PhoneNOAreaInquireProvider SecurePay SogouInput_S_Product DCS HeySynergy HeyTapSpeechAssist KeKeAppDetail KeKeMarket KeKeThemeSpace KeKeUserCenter NumberRecognition RemoteGuardService SmartDrive SystemClone atfwd Athena CrashBox FidoAsm LFEHer MStatsSystemService OBrain OplusAtlasService OplusQualityProtect PostmanService QdcmFF QesdkSysService SAUHelper Shelper Stk SubsystemApp uceShimService workloadclassifier DeepThinker seccamservice

Download Links:
    -SystemlessDebloaterList.sh is attached on this post

-SystemlessDebloater_v1.4.5.zip GitHub
    Report for C.09 for Oneplsu 8 Pro - IN2020 - Locked BL - OOS 11 11.0.10.10 Global as Base

Just finish flashing the latest C.09 on my OP 8 Pro, Using as Base OOS11 11.0.10.10 Global, with a locked BL and all my data still on phone, remove my FP and face unlock data, an proceed to a local upgrade, change the name of the ZIP to IN2020 and copy on storage root, till now i havent found anything that is not working properly, the only thing that mess with me was the bunch of chinese stuff that it brings that i have to either uninstall, disable or simply just leave it there because theres nothing to do.

Animations and the flow in general is awesome, at least i really appreaciate the change comming from OOS. Customization in general is very wide and awesome. Transitions between apps and going home screen, pulling notification drawer....everything feels more smoth in my opinion.

After the update, proceed to add again the FP and face unlock and both worked awesome, as fast (sometimes faster) than OOS.

Network for both sims working great, as well as WiFi, Both Cameras works super well also (including gcam), AOD, Notifications are working at least for my apps, have nothing to say, daily driver.

If you guys have any doubt, ill be daily drivin' this boy for a couple of days, maybe even more

Here are some SC
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-18-50-47_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-18-59-09_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-19-20-15-99_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    I'm working on a debloater script flashable with magisk if anyone is interested🧑‍💻
    Thanks a lot for your reply and feedback, much appreciated. From what i have saw, i think ill stay on OOS11 at least until Open Betas are available. Really want to try ColorOS but i preffer and love stability haha.
    U may give it a try.
    But here are things to warn about :
    1- C.08 on 8 pro is broken. U cant use FOD. (C.07 works)
    2- notifications on AOD are not displayed neither the edge lightning.
    3- apps got killed after a while. Unless u disable battery optimization and lock them in recent apps.
    4- chat bubble doesn't work.
    5- sometimes u cant replay from notification.
    6- no google assistant as their assistant take place everywhere.
    7- some apps are in Chinese language even theme store which is annoying.
    8- u cant apply installed external livewallpaper.
    9- low volume on calls (just slightly than OOS)
    +-------
    Now for the good things
    1-Vibration feels great and mostly in everything.
    2- battery for me is better than OoS.
    3 - flaoting window is awsome.
    4- FOD on C.07 is so fast and better animation and sounds.
    5- overall animations are better.
    6- Dark mode with light and grey and pitch black also with wallpaper snd screen dim.
    7- better AOD themes and auto brightness. Also rise to wake is good.
    Some other things i might forget
    As a daily driver its good if u dont mind disabling FOD.
    Give it a try ;) u can always go back to OOS