[ROM][12][COMMUNITY] Arrow OS

Search This thread

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
That's it, thanks!!!
My battery life is pretty bad tho...i'm using the latest build with included gapps from the arrow site
Maybe 5-6 hours max on battery

I'm at work now, and i just noticed this...
Speech services by google is draining the battery like hell, even though i don't use it.
I stopped it, and disabled it but still falling like crazy.

The battery is at 85% rn, 10% has been used by speech services???
I suggest you to use the vanilla version and then flash the gapps you want on top of that
you'll avoid excessive bloat apps that you could not care and things like the one you described

cuntKicker

Dec 19, 2021
Thanks, like I said I'm no developer but on many past Roms this kind of thing was because of am aggressive management of task by the kernel or ROM, this could also explain the amazing battery life I got on Android 12 roms at the end of a full day I still have like 50-70% of battery.
sorry to disturb you, but did you find a fix for delayed notifications? I'm facing the exact same issue, battery life is insanely good, I get through 2 days of usage which was never possible with any other rom, but I don't get notifications for hours and then I receive like 10 notifications at the same time?

May 26, 2012
Guys, what's the easiest way to revert back to MIUI and re-lock the bootloader?

My phone developed a well know screen issue...Left part of the status bar became dead, it's flickering and flashing all kinds of colors.
(and i did not drop it or spill anything on it)
Warranty should cover it, it's a display issue.

It's identical to this person's

Attachments

• IMG20210712151208.jpg
    IMG20210712151208.jpg
    880.8 KB · Views: 75

xdixa

Feb 8, 2020
Thank you very much for this ROM. I installed it on my Note 10 and it works fine.

Could anyone tell me how to install Magisk on it?

I am asking because when I install the Magisk app (version 23) it says: Ramdisk: No
If I understand it correctly this means that I cannot install a patched boot.img. Am I right?
Do I need to patch my TWRP image and re-flash it?
Or is the Note 10 one of those exceptions (mentioned here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html) that can be flashed with a boot.img patched by magisk even though the App is showing 'Ramdisk: No'?

agit13

Feb 7, 2020
Thank you very much for this ROM. I installed it on my Note 10 and it works fine.

I am asking because when I install the Magisk app (version 23) it says: Ramdisk: No
If I understand it correctly this means that I cannot install a patched boot.img. Am I right?
Or is the Note 10 one of those exceptions (mentioned here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html) that can be flashed with a boot.img patched by magisk even though the App is showing 'Ramdisk: No'?
Yes, it's one of the exceptions :)

Reactions: xdixa

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com

Or is the Note 10 one of those exceptions (mentioned here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html) that can be flashed with a boot.img patched by magisk even though the App is showing 'Ramdisk:
get the magisk zip file and flash it in recovery, the easiest way

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden

My phone developed a well know screen issue...Left part of the status bar became dead, it's flickering and flashing all kinds of colors.

Download stock fastboot ROM and flash with MiFlash and chose to lock bootloader while flashing. It will flash and lock at the same time very easy.

May 26, 2012
Download stock fastboot ROM and flash with MiFlash and chose to lock bootloader while flashing. It will flash and lock at the same time very easy.
Sooo...
I flashed the stock rom and locked the bootloader.(global 12.5 as my device is global)
The phone went to the service while it's in warranty, and they said there is nothing wrong with it.

Came back and i used it for a few days, 0 issues.
Extremely strange.

As soon as i unlock the bootloader(with mi unlock tool), right part of the status bar/notch goes black, or shows crazy colors like the display is broken.
(It happens in recovery and in fastoot mode and while booting, essentially whenever the display is on)
Then the screen starts flickering and flashing white.
(like the photo i attached)

Anyway, Arrow rom is stable but my cursed phone has a few bugs... battery life is 50% worse than on miui and it will randomly loose signal on one of the sim cards and won't come back until restart

Echonode86

Jan 27, 2022
Thanks a lot for this. Everything is working great. One thing though, there is no longer a Face Unlock function... any ideas??

ccelis

Dec 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3

Did it happen while you were on ArrowOS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update is out: Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog: here
    ArrowOS 12.1 April security patch
    Hello,
    unfortunately, the latest version is not installing. 17_04_2022
    download from sourceforge
    I did, still failed to boot the same way.
    Edit: flashed the Zackptg5 zip rather than using orangefox's internal patcher and got a boot, cool deal (y)
    I did, still failed to boot the same way.
    Edit: flashed the Zackptg5 zip rather than using orangefox's internal patcher and got a boot, cool deal (y)
    Thank you for the helpful Zackptg5 suggestion, I was holding off updating perhaps until TWRP/OrangeFox got full A12 support, but now I can update without worrying. And thank you erikdrozina for continuing to update this ROM. I got worried when A12 showed discontinued. I thought I would have to switch roms again. It's working great :)

Now I'll have to adjust to 12.1 and its many unnecessary vibration triggers 😅
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • RIL
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wifi

KNOWN ISSUES
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    !!!Make sure to follow these steps!!!

- (Suggested) Flash a supported Firmware (at least 12.5.4)
    - Flash a recovery with /cust as /product supported (Alibei's TWRP or official Orangefox)
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Gapps
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - Suggested to flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 make flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug

XDA: DevDB Information
    Device:
    Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Community

Contributors
    Erikdrozina
    Source Code: ArrowOS
    Device Tree Source: Device tree
    Kernel Source: Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.255
    Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-27

Created 2021-01-27
    Last Updated 2021-12-09
    New update is out: Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog: here

On the site the vanilla build is still the 01-02-2022, check in the archive for the 05-02-2022 version
    Gapps is shown correctly
    Is it possible to include anx camera in next release directly inside the Rom? Thank you for your work

Chema is still working on anx to be compatible with our device and obviously it takes time.
    In the next release I'll think about it, thanks
    Hi,
    i think it is the best custom rom.
    Code:
    2021-01-27
        - Initial release

2021-02-26
        - Updated to Android 11 prebuilt vendor
        - February Security Update
        - Updated fp to latest redfin
        - Addressed SELinux denials
        - Improved FOD
        - More under the hood improvements and fixes
    2021-05-11
        - Initial OSS Kernel and Vendor Build
        - Test OSS Build ended
        - May Security Patch
    2021-06-20
        - June Security Patch
        - Fixed FOD auth in 3rd part apps
        - Updated fp to june redfin
        - Updated AliKernel to V0.8.12-STABLE
    2021-07-13
        - July Security Patch
        - Switched to yellow FOD (should be faster than white)
        - Updated fp to july redfin
        - Updated AliKernel to V0.8.13-STABLE
        - Removed Smart Charging because it can cause issue with the device ("better safe than sorry")
        - Removed excessive padding under GBoard
        - Hid Magisk better