[DISCONTINUED][ROM][12][OFFICIAL] Arrow OS

Search This thread

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I've no issue at all, check your app background activity and try to change the "manage battery usage" in those apps
That's the weird thing, it's already on unrestricted... on all of those apps, line is the one that has the most issues, I'm talking 5 hours without telling me that I got a new message, and I open the app and suddenly the rush of messages come in.

Gmail has it as well , but it's less severe, like once or twice per day suddenly a rush of emails come in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-205232_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211124-205232_Settings.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 31

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
That's the weird thing, it's already on unrestricted... on all of those apps, line is the one that has the most issues, I'm talking 5 hours without telling me that I got a new message, and I open the app and suddenly the rush of messages come in.

Gmail has it as well , but it's less severe, like once or twice per day suddenly a rush of emails come in
Does it happen with every single app or only in some?

I've all my apps on optimize as default and never had notification issues except for nekogram X on low internet sometimes, but not consistent so IG it's network issue for me

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Does it happen with every single app or only in some?

I've all my apps on optimize as default and never had notification issues except for nekogram X on low internet sometimes, but not consistent so IG it's network issue for me

Not all apps from what I can tell it's Whatsapp, LINE, messenger and Gmail, more severe on Line.

Here's a video capture , please note the time frames on the clock and on the time when the message was received. O tap on the screen where the time is just for reference

Attachments

• screen-20211125-143436.mp4
    113.1 MB · Views: 0

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Not all apps from what I can tell it's Whatsapp, LINE, messenger and Gmail, more severe on Line.

Here's a video capture , please note the time frames on the clock and on the time when the message was received. O tap on the screen where the time is just for reference
I use WhatsApp, telegram, Instagram and twitter mostly and I've no issue with them under optimize in battery management
The app wasn't killed so idk what could be the issue

Reactions: HalArcane

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I use WhatsApp, telegram, Instagram and twitter mostly and I've no issue with them under optimize in battery management
The app wasn't killed so idk what could be the issue
Thanks, like I said I'm no developer but on many past Roms this kind of thing was because of am aggressive management of task by the kernel or ROM, this could also explain the amazing battery life I got on Android 12 roms at the end of a full day I still have like 50-70% of battery.

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Thanks, like I said I'm no developer but on many past Roms this kind of thing was because of am aggressive management of task by the kernel or ROM, this could also explain the amazing battery life I got on Android 12 roms at the end of a full day I still have like 50-70% of battery.
Yea it is indeed possible but that doesn't explain why this is not happening to all the other people, afaik obv

cuntKicker

Dec 19, 2021
rom is super smooth unlike cipher os which has loads of hiccups/lags and dead menus like reverse nav bar etc.

but there's 1 issue, my GPS isn't working. using Google accuracy too and still nothing. sygic shows black screen while Google maps constantly try to pinpoint the location.

rom is super smooth unlike cipher os which has loads of hiccups/lags and dead menus like reverse nav bar etc.

but there's 1 issue, my GPS isn't working. using Google accuracy too and still nothing. sygic shows black screen while Google maps constantly try to pinpoint the location.
You had to mess something with flashing Cipher, absolutely no lags and dead menus for me

cuntKicker

Dec 19, 2021
I've done exactly the same procedure as with this rom.

format data, yes
wipe all partitions
reboot to recovery to let /data/media rebuild
copy the rom to the phone
flash
run
garbage
flash magisk
still garbage

my question was regarding GPS though

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Sithek

Lazar@

May 26, 2012
Great rom!
Always on display unsupported or i'm just missing it somewhere in the menu?

Buuuut does anyone know a good camera app that i could use?(with all lenses)
Isn't the camera one of the biggest selling points of this phone?And with custom roms the camera goes back to 2010...( as a real photographer i'm just sad)

I tried 6 versions of ANXCamera and a milion add-ons and scripts...
None of them is able to use full resolution( and i don't mean 108mpx)
Our main camera is 108mpx but with binning 27mpx...
Unfortunately ANX is only able to capture 0.7mpx with main sensor, and 0.5mpx with ultra wide camera.(i tried all 48/64mpx fixes, no luck)
But when you go to pro mode and enable raw the resolution is there but the quality is meh.
The video on ANX camera is tottaly fine tho.

I tried god knows how many ports of GCam...No luck
Extremly unstable...Viewfinder is choppy, switching between lenses takes up to 30 seconds with black screen, and offten the camera "disconnects", and i need to restart the phone to be able to acess it.
GCam Greatness 7.3 final build with Urnyx 2.5 script is somewhat usable but also unstable...
I'm just frustrated that it's so hard to get the camera working...
I also tried CameraGo and CameraStellar ports.

Camera FV5, Cinema FV5, Filmic Pro, Open camera etc...unable to get the other lenses to work

• Sad
Reactions: hasan794
Great rom!

Isn't the camera one of the biggest selling points of this phone?And with custom roms the camera goes back to 2010...( as a real photographer i'm just sad)

Unfortunately ANX is only able to capture 0.7mpx with main sensor, and 0.5mpx with ultra wide camera.(i tried all 48/64mpx fixes, no luck)
But when you go to pro mode and enable raw the resolution is there but the quality is meh.

Extremly unstable...Viewfinder is choppy, switching between lenses takes up to 30 seconds with black screen, and offten the camera "disconnects", and i need to restart the phone to be able to acess it.
GCam Greatness 7.3 final build with Urnyx 2.5 script is somewhat usable but also unstable...

Camera FV5, Cinema FV5, Filmic Pro, Open camera etc...unable to get the other lenses to work
ANX 190R (requires MIUI Core Magisk module) is the most usable, but I didn't manage to get 108 mpx too. Most other things work in Pro mode. As for GCam, I recommend PZD v5 with JinTheGod's XML. I'll send you a link to the Telegram channel in PM

Lazar@

May 26, 2012
ANX 190R (requires MIUI Core Magisk module) is the most usable, but I didn't manage to get 108 mpx too. Most other things work in Pro mode. As for GCam, I recommend PZD v5 with JinTheGod's XML. I'll send you a link to the Telegram channel in PM
I do have ANX 190R with Magisk and MIUI Core and MIUI Gallery and all kinds of stuff...It works but when you just want a snapshot in it takes 0.5-0.7mpx photos...
In pro mode resolution is ok, but it's a hassle when you wanna take a quick photo.

Thanks for the GCam link! I will try it later and report back

Cheers (y)

Reactions: Lord Sithek

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com

Are you using latest community build from arrow official site? which fw are you using?

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Great rom!

Have you tried to enable "settings>display>lock screen>always show time and info"?

cuntKicker

Dec 19, 2021
try 12.5.4, works fine here

finally figured what the issue was. it was nikGapps. I tried flame gapps as well but as soon as system boots, GPS wouldn't work neither in browser nor sygic or Google maps. Then i removed a couple of main Google apps incl framework, gmsCore, phonesky and a few more in twrp's file manager and rebooted, the GPS instantly started working.

the only gapps package for 12 that works for me is bitgapps.

Reactions: erikdrozina

Lazar@

May 26, 2012
Have you tried to enable "settings>display>lock screen>always show time and info"?
That's it, thanks!!!
My battery life is pretty bad tho...i'm using the latest build with included gapps from the arrow site
Maybe 5-6 hours max on battery

I'm at work now, and i just noticed this...
Speech services by google is draining the battery like hell, even though i don't use it.
I stopped it, and disabled it but still falling like crazy.

The battery is at 85% rn, 10% has been used by speech services???

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_084141.jpg
    IMG_20211220_084141.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 25

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
finally figured what the issue was. it was nikGapps. I tried flame gapps as well but as soon as system boots, GPS wouldn't work neither in browser nor sygic or Google maps. Then i removed a couple of main Google apps incl framework, gmsCore, phonesky and a few more in twrp's file manager and rebooted, the GPS instantly started working.

the only gapps package for 12 that works for me is bitgapps.

oh good, nice to know then :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • RIL
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wifi

KNOWN ISSUES
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    !!!Make sure to follow these steps!!!

- (Suggested) Flash a supported Firmware (at least 12.5.4)
    - Flash a recovery with /cust as /product supported (Alibei's TWRP or official Orangefox)
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Gapps
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - Suggested to flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 make flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug

XDA: DevDB Information
    Device:
    Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Official

Contributors
    Erikdrozina
    Source Code: ArrowOS
    Device Tree Source: Device tree
    Kernel Source: Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.289
    Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-27

Created 2021-01-27
    Last Updated 2022-08-16
    ArrowOS 12.1 July Update

Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog: here
    ArrowOS 12.1 May Update

Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog: here
    Is it possible to include anx camera in next release directly inside the Rom? Thank you for your work

Chema is still working on anx to be compatible with our device and obviously it takes time.
    In the next release I'll think about it, thanks
    Hi,
    i think it is the best custom rom.