• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM][12] DerpFest for OnePlus 8t/9r [11-15-21]

Search This thread

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
Yes and no. I did start with his trees. He's in my small chat on telegram. So yes collaboration was part of it. I made changes outside of his. I had source that had a ton more changes like more options in TWRP etc... But I lost that image and source when Linux entered an unrecoverable state. When I get it all back you can check periodically on my AFH in a few days. Ill have more fixes I'll be adding. Incognito was absolutely fundamental in what I did. I do not want to take away from his amazing work. Once I get everything going again, I'll be sharing my source with him.
Sweet awesome work man! Glad to see you're still around.

apophis9283

Forum Moderator /Inactive Recognized Developer
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Somewhere in the static of the Universe
I just wanted to throw out there make sure you flash the recovery to both slots AND in sm8250-common DT YOU MUST REMOVE RECOVERY FROM AB_OTA_PARTITIONS in boardconfig
Don't want to ship recovery when using twrp

Last edited:
Reactions: AxxPyrtlexx20

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
I just wanted to throw out there make sure you flash the recovery to both slots AND in sm8250-common DT YOU MUST REMOVE RECOVERY FROM AB_OTA_PARTITIONS in boardconfig
Don't want to ship recovery when using twrp

Ahhh sweet I was wondering why you removed recovery now I know. This is awesome! Twrp is all we want for this damn device lol

Reactions: kunalshgkr

wawanRedblack

Jun 25, 2012
OnePlus 9R
Yes and no. I did start with his trees. He's in my small chat on telegram. So yes collaboration was part of it. I made changes outside of his. I had source that had a ton more changes like more options in TWRP etc... But I lost that image and source when Linux entered an unrecoverable state. When I get it all back you can check periodically on my AFH in a few days. Ill have more fixes I'll be adding. Incognito was absolutely fundamental in what I did. I do not want to take away from his amazing work. Once I get everything going again, I'll be sharing my source with him.
thank you 🙏🙏

apophis9283

Forum Moderator /Inactive Recognized Developer
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Somewhere in the static of the Universe

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
Just sliding in here to say I have an update. I dont want to upset anyone like OP or anything.

I be gone again

also if anyone wants op8t firmware only i have it here

sweet thanks man ill play around with it.

Reactions: Jason Grewal

Jason Grewal

Oct 5, 2015
OnePlus 8T
Just sliding in here to say I have an update. I dont want to upset anyone like OP or anything.

I be gone again

also if anyone wants op8t firmware only i have it here

Damn thanks a lot... I don't think the op minds he's really cool...
Also does anyone know if using twrp I can install roms without formatting the user data but just wiping data and cache like old times?

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Nice to hear from you and you are still around, hope the family is all OK. :D

TrOjAn

Reactions: AxxPyrtlexx20

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Just a heads up Re: TWRP

Flashing- put phone in download mode, open command - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
reboot to recovery to SEE twrp working :)
Nothing gets wiped

NOTE: when you get the TWRP screen there is a delay before it opens the main PIN input or first page, be patient, it works :) be warned, its VERY strange having TWRP back again.. LOL

TrOjAn

elkatronix

Mar 1, 2012
Guys,it looks awesome to see TWRP when reboot into Recovery...i dont test all modules. But when reboot in Recovery TWRP, first Impression ist great! Guys and Devs, Derfest ROM is best Rom and awesome, with TWRP unbelivible...Thanks a lot Guys for your hard work!!!

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
Guys,it looks awesome to see TWRP when reboot into Recovery...i dont test all modules. But when reboot in Recovery TWRP, first Impression ist great! Guys and Devs, Derfest ROM is best Rom and awesome, with TWRP unbelivible...Thanks a lot Guys for your hard work!!!
I take zero credit in the twrp recovery. All credits go to apophis and incognito. Outside of that enjoy and got some new goodies coming in the next release which should be in next few days!

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Great news, I have just installed TWRP and FLASHED a new test build of Derpfest from TWRP, it works!!

As usual there is something you all NEED to be aware of, you will need to keep a patched boot.img if you wish to keep root.

I had a patched boot.img on my laptop so used that, I installed the rom from TWRP then rebooted to make sure it worked, all was good, magisk app was still there but root had been lost, dropped to bootloader and run, fastboot boot patchedboot.img and phone started, in magisk I then went to install and used direct install... all working and rooted.

This is coming to you SOON...

TrOjAn

Jason Grewal

Oct 5, 2015
OnePlus 8T
This really was @theincognito project. I just picked it up to tinker with it. I certainly dont want to take away from what hes done/doing. Incredbly nice as well.
I'm sure it would have been extremely difficult for twrp to be at this point without the either of you.. As such you both are to be thanked for giving us this working twrp.. Hope you both continue working together for many more great things..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also join the derp chat if anyone wants to test 8t/9r for Android 12. I'm working on getting it to work!
    Gonna be uploading a new build here in a bit.
    Twrp works fine here, which build are you guys on?
    I dumped the payload.bin file in the zip and flashed the img files through fastbootd with LOS official recovery. Worked great.
    Hey, I tried to fresh install the latest release. However when I tried to install the zip with TWRP, it failed with ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError

When I tried the adb sideload approach, it failed to verify hash. I tried to install anyway, but failed.

I opened the zip file to check if the zip is corrupted, it is not.
    For reference, the file I downloaded: DerpFest-12-Community-Shion-lemonkebab-20211115-1721.zip[/ICODE [/QUOTE]
    Had, good install using Rom-installer. For most part everything working. Few small bugs, left shortcut on lockscreen doesn't appear, accessibility shortcuts on homescreen do nothing (don't work), no VoLTE icon on status bar ect.
    Known issues & volte works.
    Derpfest.png

This is a small project based on AOSP. We try to be a platform for beginners and support the Custom ROM community with our own unique contributions as well. This ROM exists thanks to inspiration of AOSiP, Thank you! #StayDerped

Features

GApps included!
    What we got ROM side so far:
    - November sec patch merge
    - Dynamic wallpaper-based Material You themes with modern color science from ProtonAOS
    - Monet settings from AOSP-Krypton (also includes option to use own hex color code
    - PixelPropsUtils to get safety net passing and more apps Monet theme
    - Set googlesans as body and headline fon
    - Reduced gap below spacebar in GBoar
    - Added avatar to search bar and aligned it with homepage titl
    - New DerpFest Walls made for Material Yo
    - Increasing ring featur
    - Unlinked ringtone and notification volume
    - Incall vibration option
    - Global Actions with Advanced Reboo
    - Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is O
    - Less boring heads up optio
    - Three-fingers-swipe to screensho
    - Allow to disable battery ligh
    - Volume Long Press Skip Track
    - Wake on plug switc
    - Allow disable of screenshot shutter soun
    - Reset battery stat
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscree
    - Double tap to sleep on statusba
    - Enable DT2S on lockscreen based on DT2
    - Use DT2W setting also to wake from AO
    - Button to AppErrorDialog to upload crash information to Memoch
    - Show a link to Google Play in installed app inf
    - Open app when clicking on icon in App Inf
    - Fixed listing dual SIMs with provider mode
    - Added missing illustration for camera gestur
    - Allow devices to configure sensor location for fingerprin
    - Add back SELinux inf
    - Allow showing battery percentage preferenc
    - Show battery estimate in Q
    - Enabled lockscreen media artwork even if qs media is enable
    - Support for displaying Volte ico
    - Enabled NFC QS til
    - Dedicated Wi-Fi and cellular data tiles in quick setting
    - Added delete action chip intent for screensho
    - Added back the delete action for the screen recorder notificatio
    - Support to show bluetooth battery level when availabl
    - Name Cellular Tile based on carrie
    - Save recordings in ScreenRecords folde
    - Removed default aspect ratio limit for old app
    - Removed restrictions for system audio recor
    - Allow adjusting screen density to smaller size
    - Added time spent in app from Wellbein
    - Added refresh rate preference
    - Added sliders for color balance adjustment via ColorDisplayManage
    - Protect sensitive info on About devic
    - Adaptive dual-tone light and dark themes for quick settings and power men
    - Custom ripple animation tuned for responsivenes
    - Seamless font weight animation
    - Subpixel text positioning for better kernin
    - Fewer distractions throughout the syste
    - High-quality color blending and surface color generatio
    - Higher-quality Night Light and Ambient EQ using modern color scienc
    - Gradual, less jarring transitions when turning Night Light on/of
    - Improved memory managemen
    - Secure quick setting
    - Modern privacy indicators for location, camera, and microphon
    - Camera and microphone privacy toggle
    - Minor hardening from GrapheneO
    - AI-powered back gestur
    - Memory usage in Setting

DerpLaunch
    - Adapted home settings UI to Android 12 styl
    - Transformed quickspace to Android 12's styl
    - Added Now Playing status feature to quickspac
    - Support for themed icons (including third party icons
    - Widget and popup menu item colors based on underlying wallpaper are
    - Moved clear all button to actions vie
    - Made recents view transparent agai
    - Toggle for DT2

What's broken?
    Nada​

<-- Downloads-->​

A12

<--Telegram group-->

Device Chat
    Rom Update Channel

Flashing Instructions

Recovery Img

1. Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

2. Reboot to recovery

3. Format data/factory reset

4. adb sideload ROM.zip

5. Reboot to bootloader

6. Repeat step 1

7. Reboot to system

Or flashing through twrp works as well

Thanks section
    Here's my thanks to people who made this possible:
    10X OS
    ABC
    AICP
    AOSiP
    AOSPA
    ArrowOS
    BootleggersROM
    CrDroid
    CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    DirtyUnicorns
    Evolution X
    exTHmUI
    NitrogenOS
    OmniROM
    PixelExperience
    Pixeldust Project
    POSP
    RevengeOS
    ShapeShiftOS
    Spark Os
    Syberia Project
    YAAP

Any others we may have forgotten to credit

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Kernel Source
    Device Source
    Just got approved for official status so will be uploading a new build soon with official status and ota's/changelogs.
    This really was @theincognito project. I just picked it up to tinker with it. I certainly dont want to take away from what hes done/doing. Incredbly nice as well.
    Just uploaded a new build, changelog is there in this section. Enjoy everyone!!
    Screenshot_20210530-160549296.jpg
    Yep, but the thread was posted by apophis9283. I think apophis used incognito's trees for building. Not sure though.