• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][gauguin][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience 12 | Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G

Search This thread

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Ok i will install by recouvert thanks. I use Brave and i freez too
(y)(y) I'm on PE Recovery and I updated that too before the ROM update (assuming it's actually a new version?)

Hmm, thanks for the browser info, annoying that it isn't that simple! Do you only get freezes when browsing?

Ajayarun28

Aug 21, 2018
I would like to flash the latest build. I'm currently using miui12.5. I have been waiting to flash PE12 for the past 2 months. Can I flash now or else can I wait. I want to use my device as my daily driver. Any major bugs?

Update....
I flashed the latest build by clean install.. Everything seems okay ... proximity sensor seems to be not detected..Little battery drain compared to miui 12.5. Other than that, everything seems to be smooth and no major bugs so far

Last edited:
The onboard system update isn't working. I saw the maintainer has changed so maybe just did something differently? Install by recovery isn't as slick but worked fine for me..

Sounds like some people aren't getting freezing, do you by any chance not use Chrome? I'm starting to think Chrome might be my problem..
I think it either could be because of a dirty flash or the recent pixel update problems in official source.
I hope you did a dirty flash and the rest of the things are fine?

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
I think it either could be because of a dirty flash or the recent pixel update problems in official source.
I hope you did a dirty flash and the rest of the things are fine?
Yeah it does look like it might be an android 12 issue as there's a lot of angry pixel owners on the forums!

I did a clean flash to 12 and dirty flash to the Jan update. Proximity sensor still not working properly in testing apps BUT my screen does turn off during calls, which means I can actually use my phone as a phone! :giggle:

Camera seems to load better but still certainly a little slow to capture in all apps. The crashes appear to have been reduced but still happens so can't say for sure..

laurent.siku

Aug 17, 2010
Lugoj
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Hello. I installed this rom yesterday and I have some strange issues.
After some time the phone goes silent. Can't hear media, ringtones, notifications, videos, music and even the person on the line in a regular phone call, nor video chat, or voice chat, but the person hears me just fine. So i reboot phone, and sound works again, and then goes the sound. Reboot, sound works. And so on...
Tried to go back to MIUI 12.6, which worked flawless before, so installed TWRP 3.5.0 back, which started bootlooping. Tried 3.5.1 - same. 3.5.2 works but doesnt ask me to decrypt phone, so no good... Tried Miui 13 rom from xiaomi.eu and It doesn't boot properly, System isn't responding and bootlooping.
Came back to this rom again and I see that I can't find the toggle to disable encryption. Sound problem still happening.. Sometimes the phone goes mute after 2-3 minutes, sometimes after 2-3 hours. Also I find it strange that bluetooth headphones work, but also, just sometimes, randomly.. I even get "Android System is not responding" Wait/Close option at boot.
Also, If anyone knows a good recovery that has the decrypt dialog at beginning to input pattern for decryption option.. I would really appreciate it.

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
So bugs are unfortunately still here on latest update.

I think the device freeze is actually a touch input freeze, the screen may actually still be 'live' with videos playing and ambient brightness changing, but touch doesn't work. Unfortunately I can't recreate the error to confirm properly. Is there somewhere I can report these bugs or upload logcat?

Screen still doesn't turn off during calls, it seemed to work on first boot but now does not.

Camera is still a bit buggy in apps but I'm using the same Gcam someone just posted on the Gcam thread and it works ok.

Reactions: ndi

ndi

Jul 27, 2010
Sofia

I think the device freeze is actually a touch input freeze, the screen may actually still be 'live' with videos playing and ambient brightness changing, but touch doesn't work. Unfortunately I can't recreate the error to confirm properly. Is there somewhere I can report these bugs or upload logcat?

Screen still doesn't turn off during calls, it seemed to work on first boot but now does not.

Camera is still a bit buggy in apps but I'm using the same Gcam someone just posted on the Gcam thread and it works ok.
It's exactly the same for me.

gopimadu

Jan 26, 2022
I am installing from 12 beta to 12 current version, following installation phone goes to fastboot page, any one can help with how to resolve pls? Ta

gopimadu

Jan 26, 2022
Formatear datos, Remember that you lose the data
Thanks Rafsf, I did fomat data plus the cache but no expected result
It does state that the installation is succeeded however upon reboot it hangs on fastboot page. Ta

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks Rafsf, I did fomat data plus the cache but no expected result
It does state that the installation is succeeded however upon reboot it hangs on fastboot page. Ta
Sounds like it's rebooting into fastboot so it would 'hang' there as it isn't meant to get past it. Are you rebooting by holding the volume button and accidentally going to fastboot? Have you tried rebooting using the recovery or maybe just full shut down and hold only the power button? Sorry if it's a daft suggestion but it's easily done!

gopimadu

Jan 26, 2022
Sounds like it's rebooting into fastboot so it would 'hang' there as it isn't meant to get past it. Are you rebooting by holding the volume button and accidentally going to fastboot? Have you tried rebooting using the recovery or maybe just full shut down and hold only the power button? Sorry if it's a daft suggestion but it's easily done!
it goes to fastboot mode on both the methods. Yes tried rebooting to recovery and it comes to fastboot mode as well eventually. I just tried installing miui 12, and it installed fine. Does this point to any thing obvious?
Thanks StuDB.

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
it goes to fastboot mode on both the methods. Yes tried rebooting to recovery and it comes to fastboot mode as well eventually. I just tried installing miui 12, and it installed fine. Does this point to any thing obvious?
Thanks StuDB.
Weird. Sorry I'm not sure!

All I can say is make sure you have the latest recovery from the same date as the ROM. Are you installing using PC?

I used PC, copy ROM and recovery into ADB folder on PC and sideload from there using PixelExperience instructions. It should work!

Also, while we're here.. I might suggest Pixel Experience 11 at the moment.. some of us have bugs with 12. If you're happy to risk it then stick with this one, otherwise I found 11 to be super stable. Only issue is you'll have to do a full wipe if you decide to install 12 later on.

Good luck either way 😅

gopimadu

Jan 26, 2022
Weird. Sorry I'm not sure!

All I can say is make sure you have the latest recovery from the same date as the ROM. Are you installing using PC?

I used PC, copy ROM and recovery into ADB folder on PC and sideload from there using PixelExperience instructions. It should work!

Also, while we're here.. I might suggest Pixel Experience 11 at the moment.. some of us have bugs with 12. If you're happy to risk it then stick with this one, otherwise I found 11 to be super stable. Only issue is you'll have to do a full wipe if you decide to install 12 later on.

Good luck either way 😅
probably pixel 11 is the best way forward for now. thanks for your time.

YvngDvdx

Apr 28, 2016
Hi, i'm on xiaomi.eu betas right now and I want to change it to PE. Do i have to flash global 11 stable and then PE or just flash PE on my xiaomi.eu beta (android 12 too)???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to do a clean install unfortunately. And yeah people should wait until the freezing and other bugs are fixed.

I found that restarting my phone helps with the camera problem, Whatsapp will capture video after a reboot but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Proximity sensor just doesn't work which makes calls very difficult! Sensor test apps are all stuck on 5 cm so it's just not working.
    Didn't last long!

Phone still crashing/freezing, this time I get the "system UI isn't responding" error
    Has anyone had any issues with chrome freezing? Completely stops occasionally for about five seconds.

Also proximity sensor not turning screen off during calls.

Thanks
    Thanks to the dev for this ROM, is smooth and battery life seems great. Just a few issues I've noticed..

- Phone will occasionally complete freeze, I have to wait a few seconds then lock and unlock
    - proximity sensor doesn't work during calls
    - phone has trouble with camera.

apps with camera access can't playback videos. WhatsApp won't play the preview, another app can't process video verification

Camera often force closes when taking video

Has anyone else had/solved these issues?

Thanks for the great ROM!

https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_gauguinhttps://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_gauguin
    GtwTyCR.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

PixelExperience 12 for Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G [gauguin]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data (5G NSA/SA, LTE+/LTE, 3G, 2G)
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    NFC
    SafetyNet Passed
    DRM L1

Known issues
    You tell me

How to Install?
    https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/gauguin/install/

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download Link
    PixelExperience Website

Big Thanks
    LineageOS Team
    Pixel Experience Team
    TH779
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Testers And Users

Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G | Mi 10i | Mi 10T Lite Telegram Community

Updates Channel

https://t.me/Gauguin_Updates
    or
    https://t.me/Mi10i5GOfficialUpdates

Donate

Didn't last long!

Phone still crashing/freezing, this time I get the "system UI isn't responding" error
    Nice rom. No complaints for now. Only I cant find an option to take a screenshot. Not with physical button combinations, not from menu.
    I can make screenshots, weird...

Anyways, If someone wants to see how the rom looks like, here it is:
    You have to do a clean install unfortunately. And yeah people should wait until the freezing and other bugs are fixed.

I found that restarting my phone helps with the camera problem, Whatsapp will capture video after a reboot but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Proximity sensor just doesn't work which makes calls very difficult! Sensor test apps are all stuck on 5 cm so it's just not working.