mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10
Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
Do the necessary wipes, Format Data and flash the ROM.
No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.
Firmware is included in the zip no need to flash it

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.L
Security patch level: May

Last edited:

iflautey

Mar 3, 2020
Best rom for the Mi 10 I have come across. Really stable with all features working + Magisk. Heaps better than Miui. Only little 'bug' is that sometimes after the fingerprint reader the brightness randomly goes up or down.

RW2882

Mar 13, 2021
Is anyone daily driving this ROM?

What are your thoughts on it?

I'm looking to switch from MIUI but every ROM for umi I tried so far was pretty disappointing.

Sphinix

Feb 25, 2009
I've been using it as a daily for a couple of days now and it works pretty well. It's definitely a bit more heavy on the battery than miui is, bit overall the experience has been nice. The bugs I've ran into are: automated brightness is a bit hit and a miss. I can't seem to switch the bottom buttons, which is annoying with my muscle memory. I had 1 or 2 apps that won't start, but I guess that's more of a dev issue than a rom issue. Lastly, I don't think quick charge is working, it really takes a lot longer to charge my phone. Overall, I'm a happy user, but I think I'll go back to miui once 13 is available for global.

Reactions: RW2882

RW2882

Mar 13, 2021
thanks, I ended up switching to this ROM but after 2 days went back to xiaomi.eu.

Battery drain was quite high plus it charged pretty slow.

Reactions: van1104

malakaton6

Apr 11, 2018
I flashed the rom via twrp recovery but im stuck on the boot, usually takes more or less 10-15 minutes depends of the rom but in this case i have more than 30 minutes on the logo image. Its normal? im come miui firmware 12.5.10

P.D: Ok i fixed, i flashed previuosly another rom and now it works. but when i would like to enter on recovery mode, come in a loop and never finish. This behaviour don't happen on evolution x rom

P.D: Fixed start loop when i want to enter to recovery. Just flashed another recovery with A12 support (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-for-android-12-mi-10-and-other-models.64186/)

Last edited:

mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10
I've been using it as a daily for a couple of days now and it works pretty well. It's definitely a bit more heavy on the battery than miui is, bit overall the experience has been nice. The bugs I've ran into are: automated brightness is a bit hit and a miss. I can't seem to switch the bottom buttons, which is annoying with my muscle memory. I had 1 or 2 apps that won't start, but I guess that's more of a dev issue than a rom issue. Lastly, I don't think quick charge is working, it really takes a lot longer to charge my phone. Overall, I'm a happy user, but I think I'll go back to miui once 13 is available for global.
so automated brightness is something no dev can do much about due to the kind of sensors we have in all new phones nowadays...

about the apps that are not opening please provide some logs about that.. (also try the new build its gona be up soon maybe it was just a random thing)

about the battery.. so if you just turn off aod and pocket mode the battery will become very good! its just that we have a wakelock issue with the proximity sensor thats preventing the phone from gowing into deepsleep and even into good idle so just try turning pocket mode off ( the switch for it will be available in the new build again coming soon)

about the charging.. i didnt see any issues personaly... i use the 30W stock xiaomi charger that came in the box and i always get 30+ watts according to FKM but the ui on the lockscreen doesnt always report the speed correctly but am working on fixing that but in general the phone charges very fast and even faster that miui for me so idk what the issue could be for you...

anyway am working on fixing everything at the end this is my daily driver and i only work on this rom and am gona switch to a new Device tree and kernel very soon and hopefully i get everything more stable than ever

if you or anyone got any qustions or any issue feel free to DM me on telegram @mountaser_halak

0ffff

Feb 1, 2021
I flash the ROM (20220118 version) for a few days. It works well. I appreciate that it could freely control the network for most of the system and user's apps, therefore I need not use LSPosed or XEdposed to deal with it.

The battery drain is a little big. Variation of the automated brightness is unsatisfactory, and a few apps occasionally do not response.

Reactions: yasars

Full House

Aug 25, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
This is simply the best ROM I tested with a ton of features but something in this rom prevents having full screen and battery is bad but I think this is the problem of all A12 Rom

manups4e

Aug 15, 2010
Torino
reverting from this to xiaomi.eu google messages chat service stopped working and the phone kees getting recognized as google pixel 2 instead of Xiaomi Mi 10.. any fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
    Do the necessary wipes, Format Data and flash the ROM.
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.
    Firmware is included in the zip no need to flash it

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
    So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.L
    Security patch level: May
    thanks, I ended up switching to this ROM but after 2 days went back to xiaomi.eu.

Battery drain was quite high plus it charged pretty slow.
    I flash the ROM (20220118 version) for a few days. It works well. I appreciate that it could freely control the network for most of the system and user's apps, therefore I need not use LSPosed or XEdposed to deal with it.

The battery drain is a little big. Variation of the automated brightness is unsatisfactory, and a few apps occasionally do not response.