Search This thread

Royal_Turd

Aug 27, 2019
Xiaomi Mi A3
[ROM][12][MI-A3] PixelExperience [AOSP] [Permissive]

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for MI-A3 [laurel-sprout]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

What's working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Lights
FOD
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download

PE
Lineage Recovery

Method to flash
Here

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Notes

Google apps are pre-included, hence it isn't needed to flash them on-top
Custom Recovery not included
OSS vendor based
Android 11 firmware Based

Last edited:

yusufaroosi

Oct 7, 2017
Finally the wait is over. I have one doubt! Why firmware is based on A11 and os version is A12..? Can someone help me with a lecture..

kmlGrg

Jun 28, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A3

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

What's working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Lights
FOD
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

Download

PE
Lineage Recovery

Method to flash
Here

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Notes

OSS vendor based

everything is working so fine. but i m really disappointed by the charging speed. itss too tooo tooo slow... pls devs do something in this area.

yusufaroosi

Oct 7, 2017
Installed lineage os recovery, formatted data, flashed rom, rebooted to recovery, flashed magisk canery, rebooted to system...
Everything good, it takes 1 full day to settle in a stable condition after too much lags and crashes. till now I'm facing little bit lags in UI. System UI crashes rarely and chrome is freezing after 1 min of usage, it makes totally unusable, I should kill chrome to use again for 1 min. but firefox is working fine!! FOD is not reliable, Can't use FOD while AOD, I should go to lock screen to use FOD. is there any work around for my issues, mainly to fix chrome.?

Reactions: Royal_Turd

Royal_Turd

Aug 27, 2019
Xiaomi Mi A3
Installed lineage os recovery, formatted data, flashed rom, rebooted to recovery, flashed magisk canery, rebooted to system...
Everything good, it takes 1 full day to settle in a stable condition after too much lags and crashes. till now I'm facing little bit lags in UI. System UI crashes rarely and chrome is freezing after 1 min of usage, it makes totally unusable, I should kill chrome to use again for 1 min. but firefox is working fine!! FOD is not reliable, Can't use FOD while AOD, I should go to lock screen to use FOD. is there any work around for my issues, mainly to fix chrome.?
Yes that's a known issue Chrome based browsers crashing for some users it will be fixed in next update until then I'll suggest you to use firefox. Fod will improve in coming days as it's been worked on by the PE team as of now

irrfanm6

Feb 10, 2022
Google pay not working, reason saying due to installation of custom rom. Other UPI services working fine. Fod is not at all reliable. Chromebased browser freezing under 60 seconds. Firefox working no problem. UI is very fluid and responsive than the stock rom very happy with that. Also battery backup should be better not that bad though. Charging normally using 18 watt it's fast. Also usb tethering disconnects time to time which is annoying. Other than that i loved this build also the pixel goodies. Way better than stock rom.

Royal_Turd

Aug 27, 2019
Xiaomi Mi A3
A new build is now available :-

* February security patch.
* Added face unlock.
* Upstream kernel to latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.11.r1-05200-NICOBAR.QSSI12.0
* Merged tag 4.14.268
* Drop wfdhdcp
* Permissive build

NOTE : download links are updated

irrfanm6

Feb 10, 2022
A new build is now available :-

* February security patch.
* Added face unlock.
* Upstream kernel to latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.11.r1-05200-NICOBAR.QSSI12.0
* Merged tag 4.14.268
* Drop wfdhdcp
* Permissive build

NOTE : download links are updated
Hey, how to apply this update on to the previously installed build.

morteza.sh22

Mar 25, 2015
First I want to say Thanks For Your Effort.

I have two problem with the rom:

First one is Google Chrome which I cannot update the app via google play and after I downloaded the APK file of the newest version and manually installed it, the whole system hanged so I forced to flash the rom for the secend time.

Secondly, the camera app is so simple and without any option. I installed the stock camera with magisk and google camera to cover the weakness of camera app existed in your rom. I think if it is possible for you, changing the camera app would be a good improvement for the rom.

KoleckOLP

Mar 3, 2015
Breclav
Hello, I have installed this ROM yesterday on my EU Mi A3 4 GB RAM 64 GB Storage.

Seems like a great ROM so far and I will be daily driving it.

I have noticed some issues:
  • stock camera app in this ROM is just bad, I replaced it with Gcam 8.1 supports all cameras, but photo quality is a bit meh.
  • Google Photos app does not pickup new pictures if I manually put them into a folder in the internal memory or SD card, this can be fixed by rebooting the phone
On the topic of rebooting, the phone reboots really fast now compared to the stock ROM, great job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?

Based on Android 12

What's working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    FOD
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Download

PE
    Lineage Recovery

Method to flash
    Here

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Notes

OSS vendor based

Finally the wait is over. I have one doubt! Why firmware is based on A11 and os version is A12..? Can someone help me with a lecture..
    The firmware used in this rom in based on stock A11 release because it is stable and everything works fine which is essential to build a stable rom
    Big Thanks.
    System works so smooth so far :3
    I've just installed all as explained here, no phone services, no wifi, after going through offline setup I could see all but I've chosen restart and the phone is now black, not responding to power button, what should I do now to get it back to life?
    Actually I was able to unbrick it :) opening was a bit time consuming but then I've used a very good guide here:
    and I am going to attempt Flashing Pixel Experience once again since on mi mix 2s it is working well.
    PS: I am from the IT..